Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old    wakelurker            09-18-2005, 10:28 AM Reply   
hey- just wondering if anyone on ww was from or in or near Mississippi??
Old    sammc_11            09-18-2005, 4:32 PM Reply   
i am from tupelo
Old    phototropic            09-18-2005, 5:16 PM Reply   
Yeah, I'm from Jackson. What about you, wakelurker?
Old    wakelurker            09-18-2005, 5:46 PM Reply   
sam, i was in tupelo today. I'm from the delta (clarksdale), but i live and go to school in Oxford.
Old    phototropic            09-18-2005, 7:14 PM Reply   
Hey, you're from the Delta? Any good oxbows there to ride? This is my first season riding and I'd like to find an alternative to my usual lake. Thanks.
Old    wakelurker            09-18-2005, 8:15 PM Reply   
yeah, moon lake! it is about 15 minutes from Clarksdale. It is very close to the Helena bridge that connects MS to AR. It's very chill, it's the lake I grew up on. This is my first season riding as well. Unsure about any others. I know desoto lake is nearby, but I don't think it is an Oxbow.
Old     (atlsackedup)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-19-2005, 7:55 AM Reply   
I am from Starkville (graduated from State)...now live in Atlanta, GA. Have ridden on the Tim Tom a couple of times...good water, not much scenary. The lake scene here is much nicer and more fun.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-19-2005, 11:46 AM Reply   
victoria, whens your spring break?
Old     (ladyboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-19-2005, 3:56 PM Reply   
Hattiesburg here, but will ride anywhere.
Tiff
Old    wakelurker            09-19-2005, 4:04 PM Reply   
My spring break? hmmm, not sure. Usually in March. I am not teaching now so I'm not sure. I have a fall break- I only have class on Tuedsays and only work wed. nights though so I am pretty much free to ride whenever. Tiff, how is everything down your way? My best friends are from Petal-- one has a tree through her house, the other just got alot of water damage. Hope all is well-
tori
Old    wakelurker            09-19-2005, 4:05 PM Reply   
Joe, what do you teach?
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-20-2005, 4:30 AM Reply   
i teach woodworking up here where lake erie freezes in the wintertime, will probably travel south during break to get some wakeboarding in
Old     (indemand12)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-20-2005, 7:39 AM Reply   
I live in Memphis and work for the boat center up here. If you are looking to ride with some people arround oxford you need to track down Matt Clendeninn and Leif Lacy they both work at the sardis lake marina and ride there. They started the wakeboard team at Ole Miss and both guys are well above aveage riders.
Old    wakelurker            09-20-2005, 9:39 AM Reply   
thanks clark! much appreciated.
Old    big_rob            09-21-2005, 2:25 PM Reply   
Olive Branch.
We usually ride at Sardis Lake.
Old    wakelurker            09-21-2005, 5:34 PM Reply   
cool cool, we'll im always looking for a pull b/c i dont have a boat so y'all hit me up if you need a rider!
Old    patrick_o            09-25-2005, 1:20 PM Reply   
I ride around sardis and enid
Old     (oldschoolripper)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-26-2005, 8:41 AM Reply   
I'm from TUPELO
M eye crooked letter crooked letter eye humpback humpback eye

Some pics of the MS fools I ride with here:

www.shelbydaniel.smugmug.com

including Clark, Leif, Matt, Nate Strange, Zach Luckett and Leif's brother Ryan and I'd say YES CLARK the dud, they are most definitely above average FOOL...quit going to weddings and get down here for a shoot and bring Kimmies boat 2 quit working so much....
Old    sammc_11            09-26-2005, 3:24 PM Reply   
Zack Luckett can RIDE! He is the only one that I have seen ride. I heard Nate can ride, but I have never seen him. I'm sure the others can ride as well.
Old     (oldschoolripper)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-27-2005, 10:57 AM Reply   
No doubt they can rip, if you haven't seen them here are 2 vids:

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=14119

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=14987

first one is matt C, other one is a little short video of Zach that I made this spring all shot from one short little set he took

Chad tidwell is a ripping wakeskater as well, again pics here:

www.shelbydaniel.smugmug.com

Old     (nellie)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-27-2005, 5:41 PM Reply   
I'm in Ocean Springs, helping some families out after Katrina. I'm going to be down there for a while and would appreciate any advice on where to ride. Thanks.
Old     (ladyboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-27-2005, 6:35 PM Reply   
Nelson, I'm in hattiesburg about 1.5hrs from Ocean Springs. You are welcome to come up here and ride on the weekend. You won't find anywhere to ride down there, all of the rivers are closed, and even if they weren't, no one is stupid enough to run their boat in there, no telling what all kinds of junk is in those rivers. Shoot me an email ladyboarder@megagate.com if you want to take a break and come ride. I think a friend of mine from Biloxi is coming up this weekend to ride.
Later
Tiff
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-27-2005, 7:15 PM Reply   
Starkville
Old     (nellie)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-27-2005, 9:06 PM Reply   
Thanks Tiff,
I'm in Ft. Worth right now. I'll be coming back this weekend. A friend and I are helping a family put their house back together. We would love to ride while we're down there. I'll send you an email when we get there and see if you've got room for us.
Nelson
Old     (deepsouthryda)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-28-2005, 2:14 PM Reply   
Jackson right here. Anyone ever in town ever needs a pull or needs a third hit me up. I've got an 04 Wakesetter vlx and i'm always into meeting new riders or riding in new places. Just drop me an email at rjweaver1987@hotmail.com
Old    sammc_11            09-28-2005, 6:07 PM Reply   
Yeah, I ride with Chad a few times over the summer. He first taught me to ride.
Old     (cal565)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-29-2005, 9:06 PM Reply   
Jackson area here. Anybody ride up above 43? We are up there 3 or 4 times a week.