Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (face_plant)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-09-2007, 1:51 PM Reply   
Well here's the deal guys. I just bought a 07 CWB Absolute 135, and sense im in Iraq i cant ride till I go home for R&R in July. So intill then i can just day dream about riding it.

This is what i need you guys for right now. If any of you have this board (new or old) I would like to know how you like it. Ive read nothing but good about it, except for the edges. I heard there pertty sharp, so you need to watch it when you do your grabs.

I also have not bought bindings for this board. i like something a little flexable. I was looking at the dueces, and the Ronix One. Bit im kinda iffy about the closed toe binding.

Need some input guys. please hook me up. pluse im board as hell working nights in the desert.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       06-09-2007, 1:56 PM Reply   
The 07 Absolute is a Great, Great board, love it, cant think of anything negative to say about the Absolute.
As far as bindings go, go with the CWB Faction, great heel hold very cumfy and it has great flex for tweaking out grabs and such.

Jeff I just want to take a little time to THANK YOU for serving our country and for doing all you do to help keep us safe, I really appreciate it and cant thank you enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cant wait for you to get home and ride your new board. Keep safe, kick some A$$ and thank you again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-09-2007, 2:07 PM Reply   
I have a 05 absolute and i have nothing bad to say about it, other then i wish it was a little faster.

I also have the factions on it, there great, have plenty of flex and are comfy.

Peace-
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-09-2007, 2:29 PM Reply   
Here you go brother, a couple pics of your setup! I like a flexible boot as well and love the Deuces. The board has a ton of straight up pop and when you set it on its edge it can be pretty quick. Been riding the 'lute for years & still love it!
Upload
Upload

Good luck, stay safe!!

(Message edited by Stephan on June 09, 2007)
Old     (face_plant)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-09-2007, 3:06 PM Reply   
yeah I hear the faction are a very snug fit with the hinge set up, but ive also heard they're a little heavy. which doesnt really matter, i more concerned with the flexability.

But i like stephan's setup. alltough i dont have the platnum version, ether boot will look good on my board.

Stephan how is the fit inside those dueces. YOu like them?
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-09-2007, 3:09 PM Reply   
Can you get a pull behind a truck in a pond somewhere. That would be some awesome pictures.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-09-2007, 3:22 PM Reply   
The factions have a tight fit around the foot, but are loose up top... really loose. Too loose for me.
Old     (face_plant)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-09-2007, 3:32 PM Reply   
its funny you asked that. about three miles from my camp theres one of Saddm's palace's and it's in the middle of this little lake (about 100 acres) guees you could say its a mot. But anyways i was coming back from lunch one day and i saw this guy with a kite board setup. By the time i got back to my camp and drove back to the palace the guy was gone. well the next day we had an all hands e-mail stating that "every body of water was off limits due to contamination purposes". BUt really it's the "man" not letting us have any fun.

But yeah i all ready thought about doing that intill that guy got busted.
Old     (singapore_sling)      Join Date: May 2007       06-09-2007, 3:51 PM Reply   
I have the absolute 07 141 and its a really great board, the control is superb. I coupled the board with some 07 factions and those boots are really really great. The hinge technology is awesome.
Old     (lfboarder94)      Join Date: May 2007       06-09-2007, 10:05 PM Reply   
you deserve a break, go out and ride. a tow behind a humvee would be pretty sweet. Do any of the humvees have winches on the front for pulling them selves out of mud.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-10-2007, 5:39 AM Reply   
jeff, are you there on a contract or military?
Old     (legit)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-10-2007, 9:03 AM Reply   
if you can make it down to al-zour kuwait this week i can hook you up with some wakeskating action
Old     (face_plant)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-10-2007, 10:54 AM Reply   
man i keep on hearing alot of good stuff about this factions. I might have to break down and by a pair.

no im not military Im over hear on a contract, but it still sucks that i cant get a pull.
Old     (face_plant)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-10-2007, 2:12 PM Reply   
no sh*t! they let you guys hit pulls down there? what are yall getting towed behind?

(Message edited by face_plant on June 10, 2007)
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-10-2007, 3:49 PM Reply   
I ride 05 Absolute 141 Plat w/ 07 Factions. I love my setup. IMO, the Factions are not that heavy, plus when they are attached to your feet, you really cant tell a difference anyway.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-10-2007, 4:24 PM Reply   
Good luck. Just letting you that even if the media talks sh*t. All red blooded americans love you. If anyone doesn't they need to get the F@@k out.
Old     (tuffenuff)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-11-2007, 1:05 AM Reply   
No bad words against the factions(because we've never been on them), but I set up my 14 year old son on the Absolute Plat/135 w/ Zeus bindings this year and he's rippin' it up!He luvs the hinged bindings! I'm 45 and 160 wet and I'm hot to try it out next weekend. Jeff, keep your head down and your toes up and pray for the butter! We all look forward to pulling you soon...Upload
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-11-2007, 5:13 AM Reply   
Jeff I sent you an email to your hotmail account...
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-11-2007, 6:40 AM Reply   
I hope you get some great pulls when you get home and enjoy your new setup to the fullest. The Absolute is a great board. Thanks for serving over there and be sure and tell some of the other guys around you that we are appreciative of their service to our country.
Old     (face_plant)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-11-2007, 7:57 AM Reply   
scott you got some pertty nice setups there. i really like your board...what is it. OHH and your boat setup is sweet to, my dad and i almost bought a 89 prostar... for an older boat its got a great pull.
Old     (legit)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-12-2007, 12:55 AM Reply   
jeff: i used to live here a few years back when my dad worked in the wafra oil field. we had a ski we'd wakeskate behind. im back visiting some friends this week and were borrowing it from the people we sold it to so we could ride. seriously if you can get out ill give you a pull man.
Old     (face_plant)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-12-2007, 8:42 AM Reply   
i really wish i could. But i dont know what the military gonna say when i tell them i need a black hawk flight down to kuwait for some wakeskate action. I could always say im deathly ell and i need to go to a hospital. sense thats the closest one. then i could skate with my medical gown on. I think that could register for good times.
Old     (tuffenuff)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-12-2007, 1:37 PM Reply   
Thanx jeff. It's not your ultimate wake boat, but with my older son and friends in the back (or a sack or 2), it's all good. Anytime your'e in norcal, free pulls on me!
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-12-2007, 2:08 PM Reply   
get the factions for a more flexable ride.

those things are flexable but still give you the support to boost that new move off the double up.

and sweet board, my friend has one and loves it, except he has the platty and just snapped it in half lol