Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-24-2011, 4:43 PM Reply   
Curious if anyone owns a Tige' RZR currently and has any general feedback as well as specifics on surf wake capability? I know Ragboy is about to do a review but thought I would put some feelers out in the forum.

Thanks!
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-24-2011, 4:46 PM Reply   
Ive heard on the Tige forum that the surf wave is pretty good. And the RZR looks sweet!!
Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-24-2011, 4:49 PM Reply   
I have "heard" a lot about it myself, just have not been able to dig up much info. A few videos here and there but not a lot, hoping someone with an RZR would have some good feedback!
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-24-2011, 5:47 PM Reply   
I know there have been quite a few that have taken delivery, so it might be worth posting up on the tigeowners.com sight. You might reach those owners faster. I know one in Canada just dropped our Custom 1K Plug-n-play sac in to his and posted up some pics.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15104
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-24-2011, 7:05 PM Reply   
i got to surf one a few months ago and wasnt very impressed with the wave. Nice boat though. Goofy wave wasnt worth riding, port side was pretty clean with surf ballast pkg. I still think it could use some weight.
Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-24-2011, 7:29 PM Reply   
Thanks TigeMike, I will post over there as well!

Brian, man thats a bummer to hear. Hopefully it was just the way it was weighted?
On another note, it looks like you are a Malibu guy? What boat do you surf and any opinions on the wave or do you have a suggestion for a Malibu boat that just kicks it in the surfwake department?

Thanks!
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-24-2011, 8:06 PM Reply   
Sure Ive owned all Malibus but im not brand loyal. Does matter who make the boat, I just give you my opinion. I surf my 23 LSV with full ballast minus port, plus 750 rear locker, 550 on starboard seat, 550 on starboard floor. Makes for about 2850 lbs. I also run acme 1235. The boat makes a better wave starboard side but both sides clean up well with weight. From my experience bigger boats in 23' range throw better waves but there are so many variables. If you are looking for a surf specific boat I would not buy the RZR. Its a damn nice boat though. There's are tons of better options out there if all you care about is surfing.

Last edited by factorykitted; 06-24-2011 at 8:08 PM.
Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-24-2011, 8:10 PM Reply   
All I do care about is surfing, thats a fact! I wasn't giving you a hard time about the BU's, it was an honest question.
I have seen some footage of the RZR surfing and what little I saw was pretty impressive. I have also seen the Supreme V226 surf and it is crazy.
I am looking to upgrade and spend no more than 60k for a SURF specific ride. I need a boat that is equally good on both sides as I am goofy and most others are not.

Guess I will make a new thread asking for opinions with this criteria.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-24-2011, 8:13 PM Reply   
GO to Tige video's on you tube they show surf and wakeboard wakes on the RZR AS well as the RZ2.Here's my RZ2 on the goofy side.
Attached Images

Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-24-2011, 8:15 PM Reply   
Hmm... It's hard to have the best of both worlds(goofy+reg). Why not look into some used Enzo's? The wave is mackin. I wouldnt rule out 23 or 247 LSV either. You should be able to get either of these boats slightly for used for under 60k
Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-24-2011, 8:19 PM Reply   
I was looking at Enzo's but everyone said they were great on 1 side or the other but not both depending on prop rotation. I just want KILLER waves on both sides or near killer would do. Long with lots of push and clean is what I am after.
Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-24-2011, 8:20 PM Reply   
Robert thanks for the photos and info. I have checked out the videos on youtube, not a lot of definitive info out there.
The RZ2 throws a nice wave, I have watched all the reviews by RagBoy.
Old     (leboeuf45)      Join Date: Feb 2011       06-24-2011, 8:27 PM Reply   
I own the RZR that brian is talking about and set up stock the boat doesn't have enough weight even with the surf ballast to make a good surf wave. Since then i have added a 1000lb enzo sack and the wave is great ( between waist and chest high ). As far as the goofy side when brian was on the boat we couldn't make any kind of decent wave at all on the goofy side, it washed out bad. I have played around with it and brought aboard 2 extra 400lb sacs and put one on the rear seat and one on the front seat and after the additional 800 lbs it finally made a good wave with no wash on the goofy side. So basically alot more weight than the boat comes with, also the wave even at its best isnt very long.
Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-24-2011, 8:31 PM Reply   
Man really Chris? I was checking out some pics at TigeOwners and came across this one that the guy says just he and his wife and factory tanks, granted its regular side but this looks like a pretty good wave to me?
Old     (leboeuf45)      Join Date: Feb 2011       06-24-2011, 8:38 PM Reply   
The factory set up is decent on the regular side but nothing to brag about, and with or without additional weight its just not a long wave. I have had the boat for about 4 months now and have about 80 hrs on it already which most are from surfing, i really like the boat and the service from tige has been awesome from day 1. I will take some pics on sunday of the surf wake and post shortly after.
Old     (leboeuf45)      Join Date: Feb 2011       06-24-2011, 8:55 PM Reply   
The first on shows the enzo sac full under the side seat, it fills up the rear locker and runs up the side of the boat perfectly. It plumbs into the factory connections perfectly.
Attached Images

Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-24-2011, 8:58 PM Reply   
Thanks Chris.... that certainly looks like a tall wave, although maybe a bit short.
Old     (leboeuf45)      Join Date: Feb 2011       06-24-2011, 9:02 PM Reply   
It def is, sorry for the ****ty pics they are actually still shots from a video. Ill take some good pics this weekend.
Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-24-2011, 9:03 PM Reply   
No worries, thank you for taking time to post them!

So what would you do if you had to do it again and surfing was your priority and you needed great wave on both sides?
Old     (bspot5)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-24-2011, 9:35 PM Reply   
I own the RZR from canada with the custom sac Mike was speaking of. The stock surf wake on this boat is the best you will find in any 20 foot boat, trust me I think i tried them all. The only reason I put the custom sac in is because bigger is always better! I can post some pics after next time we go out.
Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-24-2011, 9:36 PM Reply   
Man I am getting completely opposite stories here...LOL. Thanks Brad, I would love to see some pics when you have time!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-24-2011, 11:07 PM Reply   
I know you are asking about the RZR but why not look into a couple year old Avalanche? With Enzo sacs plumbed into each side it should throw epic waves on either side with all or most of the ballast plumbed in and hidden.
Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-24-2011, 11:08 PM Reply   
Brett I was under the impression that the centurion was good on one side or the other but not both?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-25-2011, 3:01 AM Reply   
Also it's important to know what speed and taps setting they use.
Old     (leboeuf45)      Join Date: Feb 2011       06-25-2011, 8:13 AM Reply   
Is not that the factory wave is bad, in all actuality it is pretty damn good for a 20 ft boat. Ijust have alot of friends with larger boats and thats what i am judging against. like he said bigger is always better, and i am the guy who always thinks things could always be a litter bigger and better. I have foundthat running around 11.6-12.0 is the best and cleanest with taps set at 4. Before i set in on the Tige i did demo against a new x-2 and i can tell you that hands down the Tige had the better wave.
Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-25-2011, 10:39 AM Reply   
Chris that is good info because my current ride is a 2006 X2 which is the same hull that you tested against the Tige.
I really cannot get a good surf wake out of my X2, at times its decent at best but the pocket is so short its crazy.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-25-2011, 7:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhart73 View Post
Brett I was under the impression that the centurion was good on one side or the other but not both?
I believe that holds true on the Enzo's but not the avalanche at all. Go to the wakesurfing section and find Duffy and PM him. He has an older avy and he has it dialed in on both sides I believe.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-25-2011, 11:05 PM Reply   
Ive heard of guys getting good waves on both sides, I know duffy did it, but they all (regardless of boat) seemed to have to add significantly more weight on the goofy side to get it as nice as the regular side.

But heres the thing, look at real surfing, they ride heelside and toeside, why do we have "goofy" and "regular" assigned to the surf side?
Im goofy, I ride on the port side. I ride regular sometimes and ride toeside.
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-26-2011, 7:41 PM Reply   
Chris - glad to see you stepped up and upgraded the ballast set up. Im sure its real nice now. Not hating on the RZR at all, slick boat for sure. Its just hard to compete with the bigger boats. How much of a improvement did you get from adding the Enzo sac?
Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-26-2011, 7:44 PM Reply   
Anyone ever surfed behind both an RZR and a Supreme V226? Curious what the differences in these 2 boats are if anyone has first hand?
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-26-2011, 10:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by factorykitted View Post
Chris - glad to see you stepped up and upgraded the ballast set up. Im sure its real nice now. Not hating on the RZR at all, slick boat for sure. Its just hard to compete with the bigger boats. How much of a improvement did you get from adding the Enzo sac?
agree here, very limited with a 20ft boat. you can get a great, fun, surfable wave, but when surfing is all you do, its a little bit limiting. we have pretty much maxed out our Tige 20V
Old     (bspot5)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-01-2011, 9:21 AM Reply   
Here are some pics of wake with 1000 lbs surf sac installed, adult driver, wife and 2 small children in boat.
Attached Images

Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-01-2011, 10:35 AM Reply   
Holy crap... Brad's wave doesn't look very limiting!! PM'img you for details brad.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       07-01-2011, 10:38 AM Reply   
@jake Robert @wake9 has an RZR for testing. We will be going out on the 6th to surf the boat. I ride behind a Supreme all the time so I will be able to compare the two boats for you.
Old     (j2dna)      Join Date: Aug 2010       07-01-2011, 11:00 AM Reply   
Great looking wake and boat!
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-01-2011, 3:03 PM Reply   
man that wave is huge!!
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-01-2011, 3:17 PM Reply   
Looks decent but a VERY short pocket!
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-01-2011, 3:21 PM Reply   
Would guess it needs more weight up front
Old     (leboeuf45)      Join Date: Feb 2011       07-01-2011, 10:03 PM Reply   
That wake is identical to mine very tall but not very long, awesome boat. I have to add a pic of mine after seeing that bad ass boat!
Attached Images

Old     (bspot5)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-01-2011, 10:42 PM Reply   
The pocket was not as short as the pics show but I would like to get it longer. I didn't have anybody else in the boat to throw in the bow to try get it longer. I will try it next time out with more people.