Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (MantisTaboggin)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-15-2013, 11:44 AM Reply   
So after a few years I am upgrading some of my stereo components and making some long over due changes. One of which is having a box built for a 12 under the drivers side to replace the ten that had no box. I also had a 12 under the observation seat that I will just be removing all together. So my question is will the one 12 be enough? Thanks!
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       06-15-2013, 12:00 PM Reply   
my opinion...yes one well powered and set up sub is fine. i have pretty inexpensive polk dxi 124 dvc (12 inch) 360 rms / 720 watt peak in sealed box under observer seat. powered with alpine pdx-1.600m. It is awesome!
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-15-2013, 3:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisTaboggin View Post
So after a few years I am upgrading some of my stereo components and making some long over due changes. One of which is having a box built for a 12 under the drivers side to replace the ten that had no box. I also had a 12 under the observation seat that I will just be removing all together. So my question is will the one 12 be enough? Thanks!
A single good subwoofer in the right enclosure, powered correctly, tuned properly, correctly loading into the cockpit, and in the best location is normally all it takes to satisfy a great majority of boat owners. Any secondary sub location is almost always a compromise, adds only a little output, but hurts the musicality. There are exceptions when the installation required a lot of custom boat modification. But if it's not a demo boat it's not necessary.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (MantisTaboggin)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-19-2013, 12:49 PM Reply   
Thanks! I got it back yesterday and I am really happy with how it sounds. I will post some pics in a couple days.
Old     (MantisTaboggin)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-23-2013, 12:51 PM Reply   
Here are the pics.
Attached Images

Old     (MantisTaboggin)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-23-2013, 12:52 PM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (MantisTaboggin)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-23-2013, 12:53 PM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (MantisTaboggin)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-23-2013, 12:54 PM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (priszkid)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-23-2013, 1:29 PM Reply   
Nice install man- looks great!
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       06-27-2013, 8:24 AM Reply   
Does your Bimini hit your cans and interfere with unfolding it? My bimini sticks up pretty high and I'm concerned that when I put in some cans that it won't allow the bimini to be unfolded...

Yours looks like it goes as high or higher than mine...

Old     (MantisTaboggin)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-27-2013, 9:19 AM Reply   
It does touch them a little but no problems putting it up and down.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-27-2013, 10:10 AM Reply   
I have to remove my Bimini and mount it in the front of my revs for storing. Then undoing it to open and reinstall it but its not hard at all with 2 people