Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old    brentlf            07-21-2003, 8:03 PM Reply   
well i went out wakeskating for the first time in a while <had> and i get out and dont land anything my fist run, i mean anything, not even butterslides. so i took a breack went back out stuck a pop shuvit and some various wake slides but i still couldnt land anything off the wake. just busted alot. so on the thrid run i get out boom go wake to wake indy bam pop shove it, and then i starte doing a front side butterslide with both hands behind my back and it slips out from under me and i go a frontroll. well next thing you know im holding a hand full of blood,
and everyone on the boat is freaking out. when i flipped over the only thing that broke my fall was my skate and i busted a 2 and a 1/2 inch gach in my head. had to get 7 staples and now im off the water for 10 days.... i hate wakeskating.... for now, ill show yall a pic of the wound, later
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-22-2003, 7:05 AM Reply   
It's a love-hate relationship.
You get out there after not riding for a while and you have to get the feel back. That sucks you busted you head open.
If it makes you feel any better my brother comes to a friends wedding last Saturday with this chick; she's a good looking girl, very fit and sporting about 8 fresh stiches right between the eyes.
So we had to ask - "wakeskating" she said nonchalantly.
Old    shaggydan22            07-23-2003, 3:37 AM Reply   
this spring i had 5 stitches from wakeboarding, and i still rode everyday after i got them. they should be fine as long as you keep plenty of ointment on them.
Old    brentlf            07-23-2003, 1:28 PM Reply   
yeah im building a new skate right now,cause im not allowed in the water for 7 more days, but when i heal i think ill be out there first day wakeskating again, cept i think i might invest in a helmet first...