Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old    barryb            06-25-2003, 1:12 PM Reply   
On my '01 super air, the battery is at the front of the right gullwing bin. It's always getting in the way. Has anyone figured out a better location for theirs? Any recommendations on extending the starter cables if I move it?
Old    whitechocolate            06-25-2003, 1:24 PM Reply   
Here is my Air with 4 Batts
Old    tclagggym            06-25-2003, 10:07 PM Reply   
Grant, how do you have those batts fastened down?
Old    whitechocolate            06-26-2003, 10:01 AM Reply   
I went to the dealer and bought the nautiques Bat tray's they screw threw the floor. The Plactic Battery tray holds the battery in the tray and has a Adjustable nylon strap that holds the bat down. The bat on the passenger looks like the staps not on it but it's there its the black strap you see on the side battery,
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       06-26-2003, 10:08 AM Reply   
interesting -- how much weight do those add up to Grant? i wouldn't mind putting my batteries up there and shifting my lead around...
Old    whitechocolate            06-26-2003, 12:12 PM Reply   
Wes: Im not shure How much the Opptimas weigh find out how much each one weighs and you will know for sure. My guess is each one is around 45 lbs. So I would guess around 145 extra lbs. How much extra weight are you running now becides the factory balast
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       06-26-2003, 2:22 PM Reply   
right now I have four 65 lb bricks up front, two at the drivers feet, one behind the driver seat, and one each under the rear seat on either side. plus my battery is in the rear...
Old    tclagggym            06-26-2003, 9:52 PM Reply   
Grant,How do you keep that battery from getting wet in the front? Or does it, and it's no big deal?
Old     (pjdave)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-27-2003, 1:35 AM Reply   
In the 2003san (not sure about 2002). Up the front is where cc locate the second optional battery, so it couldnt be that bad with water issues.
Old    whitechocolate            06-27-2003, 7:42 AM Reply   
Tim: The water is not a Issue with the Battery's. I like all of us try as hard as we can not to get it wet up there,( Dipping the Nose) I keep my extra towels up there. Im more conserned about getting my towels wet more so than the Battery's. But I have got i wet up there before and it's No Big Deal.

Wess; You could take out all your led in the front and run Battery's Hey how did your "I-pod" work out for your SANTE, I was thinking of doing that instead of running the "Music Keg"
Old    barryb            06-27-2003, 7:52 AM Reply   
Did you get rid of the battery in the back?

If so,
What kind of cable did you route from the front to the engine?
Did you have any problems with starting and cables that long?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       06-27-2003, 10:15 AM Reply   
Grant - haven't done anything re: the ipod yet. still waiting until I figure out what to do re: subs/tower speakers... don't worry i'll post when it's done =)
Old     (johns)      Join Date: Sep 2000       06-27-2003, 10:39 AM Reply   
My Stock battery is located under the rear passenger seat as it the perko switch. My Stereo Batteries are located under the front passenger compartment. Grant is correct the batteries weight 45lbs each. As far as extra ballast is concerned I have three 65lbs lead heads + a 20lb anchor in the nose, one 65lb brick hidden next to the passengers rear seat. One in the space behind the drivers throttle panel. Two 65lb bricks hidden next to the drivers side rear seats. I have one 65lb brick right behind the drivers seat that I can move around to balance the boat while in motion. I figured out everything including stock ballast, batteries, addtional lead ballast and my boat is balanced out very well. Probably 40/60 front to back. Very nice wake if I do say so myself. Here is a pic of my two stereo batteries.
Old     (d_rock)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-27-2003, 8:28 PM Reply   
I have both batteries under the back seats. It seems to work out okay, and I don't have to worry about water issues. What soes anyone else use the space under each of the back seats for???