Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-04-2008, 7:42 AM Reply   
so, I'm in the market for a new board, but i'm pretty limited demo wise since I'm in the midwest. I'm hoping I can demo something at OWC while I'm there, but I'm not sure what their policies are. anyway, does anyone have some experience with these boards as cable boards? I don't really hit many sliders, some kickers sometimes but I mostly interested in a board that's going to give alot of pop for air tricks. last year I rode a premier 141 and I thought it was great until it broke, and then I borrowed a 138 substance and I couldn't launch with it hardly at all....so I'm looking at the new ronix and gator stuff, but I've also heard that the slingshot boards are good as well for the cable. any opinions?
Old     (asaf007)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-04-2008, 8:01 AM Reply   
the new randal is a blust !!!!
Old     (cpetersen)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-04-2008, 12:01 PM Reply   
i've looked at all 3 boards reviewing them, and i would say your best bet for your money would be a gator. ronix is still a pretty new company so every board probably still has a kink in it
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       01-04-2008, 12:42 PM Reply   
Ronix is a new company, but the people designing there boards and the owners are not new to wakeboarding, they been in the industry for a long time.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-04-2008, 2:34 PM Reply   
Also don't agree on Ronix having a few kinks in their stuff. Those guys have revolutionized water sport time and time again since the '70's. My old man has a O'brien international slalom ski that would compete with any ski today and I think that was made in '79 or '80. It has an aluminum top, sound familiar?
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-09-2008, 2:52 PM Reply   
Cary, the designers and head honcho's at Ronix have been making boards longer than gator boards, just at seperate companies. Theres a reason you see so many Ronix boards these days, their solid boards, no kinks.
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-09-2008, 3:25 PM Reply   
I've never ridden cable but Slingshots roots began with Kiteboarding. I think it might be worth while to demo one and see how it does on a cable. The boards are supper flexible and snappy.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-09-2008, 4:41 PM Reply   
they have all of the ronix boards that you can demo and slide at OWC...gator's are not the strongest of boards and although slingshots would be REALLY fun on the sliders, i feel like a few days at odub would be the end of one, at least for me
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-09-2008, 8:52 PM Reply   
well i think its down to ronix and slingshot, been hearing good things about the mana, so i want to try that and the slingshot boards.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-10-2008, 6:34 AM Reply   
Ding Ding Ding Fights over, debate settled.

Go ask Cable god Tom Fooshee he will tell you to get an O'brien Valhalla with some Xenon’s on it! And who wouldn’t want to ride like Tom.
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-10-2008, 5:59 PM Reply   
Hey JD...
When I was out at the Texas Ski Ranch late this summer, a ton of the workers were super stoked on the Slingshot. I have one and was letting them all take turns on my board. They (TSR) recently (surf expo) signed a contract with Slingshot and now carry the boards. Definately try em out if you can. If you can't, you won't be bummed if you get one:-)
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-10-2008, 6:32 PM Reply   
I talked to Rhett Whatley and he said the Slingshots were very durable at Owc, plus the flex...But he is a team rider haha.
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-11-2008, 5:19 AM Reply   
Jared, thanks for the heads up. A bunch of us are heading to TSR for freezeride in february....well i'm definitely excited about the slingshot boards, and as far as I know, OWC has some in stock, so i'm lookin forward to checkin them out!