Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old    balance            08-11-2004, 6:20 AM Reply   
Hi!
I am about to buy myself a new wakeboard boat here in norway. Was wondering if some of you can help me with what I should buy...
It's easy for you Americans, because there is so much to buy;) Here in Norway it is limited what I can get... Have looked at one boat:

http://www.finn.no/finn/boat/object?id=4548286&sid=1729430510440197&pos=16&rub= 7

Is this something to start with? By the way, Im a snowboarder of blood and have just tried wakeboarding a few times, but allready done a backflip an some other cool things.. So I need a bot whith a good wake!

If somone has ALOT of sparetime, you can help me do a search on http://www.finn.no/finn/boat/selection1?pdc=1092230196920

to see if there is any good ones there...

Thanks alot in advance ;)
Old     (boarder1995)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-11-2004, 9:11 AM Reply   
Most I/O's can be trimmed to put out a nice wake, but won't have the flexibility of an inboard. Go ride behind it and see for yourself if the wakes look good. There aren't many wakeboarding boats there - you're right. I did see an X-star in Akerbrygge a couple years ago.

Where are you in Norway? I travel there on business a bit. Spent a little over a month in Olso/Tranby in April. Went to Hemsedal the second to last weekend for a little boarding. Beautiful country and wonderful people. I've been up to Bergen and Stavanger as well. Should be back in Olso this September again.
-Tim
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-11-2004, 10:40 AM Reply   
e-mail me at rider@boarditup.com if you want me to export to you.
Old    balance            08-11-2004, 12:16 PM Reply   
Cool Tim! :-)

I live in Valdres, Fagernes. In the mountains between Oslo and Bergen. My girlfriend lives i bergen at the time. I also have a cabin i Bergen and a Ryds 550GTS with 115 hp.. but That one does not make the wake for me ;)

If I get myself a nice ride, you have to come visit and wake some time!
Old    balance            08-11-2004, 12:23 PM Reply   
By the way.. what defines I/O? have no idea what you mean... :-( The engine is inboard on the Wellcraft I sent link for?
Old    whitechocolate            08-11-2004, 12:55 PM Reply   
My Wifes family is from Norway. from the very small town of Kvalheim.

What is the length of your wakeboard season?
How cold is the water there.
Do you ride in fresh or salt water.
Do you eat Luta-fisk! LOL

Uf-Da! Uf-Da Uf-Da Uf-Da Uf-Da Uf-Da Uf-Da Uf-Da Uf-Da Uf-Da
Old    whitechocolate            08-11-2004, 12:59 PM Reply   
BTW :

A In-board is a boat with a fixed angle drive shaft. I.E a center mounted motor like in a Air Nautique AKA Direct Drive or Rear Engine V drive I.E Super Air Nautique

A I.O stands for Inboard/Outboard, where the drive line and prop are at the very rear of the boat and is adjustable up or down to trim the boat
Old    balance            08-11-2004, 1:19 PM Reply   
Haha Grant!

No I don't eat lute-fisk ;)
but I eat spekjepølse! LOL

I wake 360 meters abowe sea level. Freshwater.
Temperature is currently 22 celcius + ;)
season is from early may to september/october... So come visit! hehe

Thanks for letting me know what I/O is ;)
I think I'm an I/O guy since it's cheaper ;)

the boat I WellCraft I reffered to costs little over $19.000 here in norway.. I call it rape! and that's a good deal.
Old    whitechocolate            08-11-2004, 1:26 PM Reply   
How much is gas a gallon over there, Dont make me convert it in to your crazy metric system thingy, A Gallon what does a gallon set you back. Ha Ha.
You Viking's eat some crazy stuff. So I trust what ever spekjepølse! is its Some salted nastyness. We have a TV show over here called Fear Factor where they pay people to eat stuff like that so props to you.
Old    balance            08-11-2004, 1:36 PM Reply   
50 NOK pr gallon ($7,5) How much do you pay?
With a 200 hp engine it will take some cash to have fun :-)
Old    balance            08-11-2004, 1:39 PM Reply   
btw..

we also have Fear Factor :-)
And yes, the eat some nasty sh**, but that's not something I would eat!
Old    whitechocolate            08-11-2004, 2:30 PM Reply   
Gas here is around $2.50 a gallon. It cost's about $40-50 to put a full tank in my boat.
Do you have any photos of where your ride in NO
Old    balance            08-11-2004, 2:45 PM Reply   

the clock is 23:44 here now, so I'll find some for you tomorrow :-)

Hawe to go to bed to dream about some wakeboard special's :-)
Old    balance            08-11-2004, 2:46 PM Reply   
By the way... DAMN! That's cheap! haha
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-11-2004, 4:43 PM Reply   
Christopher,

Lots of europeans convert their boats to Propane or LP gas. Here is a link to a ski school in scotland using a propane powered air nautique: http://www.waterskiscotland.co.uk/facilities.php
Old    absolutofft            08-11-2004, 11:32 PM Reply   
Christopher you would seriously be much better off importing a boat from the US if you are willing to go through hassle from a financial standpoint. If you imported a mastercraft from the states you would use it for 5 years in Norway and then sell it again at no loss. You are probably talking about $1500-2000 to import it.
Old    balance            08-12-2004, 12:21 AM Reply   
$1500-2000 Is that the price for the boat in US or is that the price I pay when I have finished inported it???

Would LOVE to have a mastercraft
Old    balance            08-12-2004, 12:26 AM Reply   
I have no more than $2000 to spend on a boat.. Can I get anything cool imported to norway for that money?
Old    balance            08-12-2004, 5:33 AM Reply   
sorry! have $20.000 to spend on boat
Old    balance            08-12-2004, 5:39 AM Reply   
aha finaly got it ;) $2.000 for the importing + the boat expence.

But how do I get it to Norway?
Old     (boarder1995)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-12-2004, 6:20 AM Reply   
Ship it by boat - we've sent tons of equipment in a recent plant move to Tranby - I'll get some approximate figures for shipping later. You could pick up a used MC/Malibu/Nautique for around $20,000 USD, then (like aaron said) about $2000 USD to ship. I know you have major import tax on vehicles newer than 8 years or so - what's the story with boats? You could definitely then unload the boat later for the same or more than you paid probably. With a message board like this, it's very easy to find out information about certain boats for sale - possibly even have a board member go look at a boat for you here in the US.
Old    balance            08-12-2004, 1:27 PM Reply   
I will check up the Norwegian taxes tomorrow. I would like a Malibu with tower and other cool things ;) Once again; thank you so much guys for helping me :-)
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-12-2004, 1:42 PM Reply   
How the heck do you change to propane?
Old    whitechocolate            08-12-2004, 2:26 PM Reply   
Hey Lets see thoes photos of your riding spots in N.O. Thanks G
Old    balance            08-12-2004, 2:50 PM Reply   

Old    balance            08-12-2004, 2:57 PM Reply   
And this one is from my cabin in Bergen. Also wake alot there in the summertime

Old    balance            08-12-2004, 3:00 PM Reply   
As a last picture I'll put in our boat in Bergen.
Ryds 550GTS with Evinrude 115hp

Old    absolutofft            08-12-2004, 4:36 PM Reply   
Search on www.boattrader.com for boats on the east coast that you are interested in. I'm not sure if companies like these will actually pick the boat up for you of if you would have to drop it off to their location. http://www.boats.com/boat-transport/index.jsp
Old    balance            08-13-2004, 2:16 AM Reply   
Have checked up a little now...
If I import a boat from US I have to pay:

$20 pr. HP + the boat price and 24% VAT of the total sum.

This means that a boat like malibu with 320 HP will cost me almost twice the price you get it for in the US.....

I was wondering.. is there any of these boats that can use a diesel engine?? that way I can save $4,5 pr gallon fuel...

Also is it possible to find a malibu or a mastercraft boat without an engine?

If I import a boat without engine I could save up to $6300 just for the import of the engine!

Then I could find a engine here in Norway..

Anyone have any idea on this?
Old    whitechocolate            08-13-2004, 7:34 AM Reply   
Nice Photo's Thanks for Posting
Old    absolutofft            08-13-2004, 12:22 PM Reply   
Christopher do you have to pay $20 per hp if you import from another country in europe? Maybe you could find some boat dealer that would be friendly enough to import it for you and you could pay him $1000 for his trouble. Surely they wouldn't charge a boat dealer the same fees :-(
Old    balance            08-13-2004, 12:44 PM Reply   
yes they have to pay the same aaron.
It's that damn goverment...

But I could get a boat without the engine... if I fount somone who had that.. ;) diesel isn't easy to find I guess?
Old    balance            08-13-2004, 12:55 PM Reply   
You know.. A boat that costs $6.900 in US costs $21.300 in Norway

and thats a fact.. the pricedifference is sick!

Thats why I wanted to import a boat, but I to get by the import system in Norway, I have to do one of the following;

1: Import a boat with less than 200 hp
2: Import a boat without a engine
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-13-2004, 2:26 PM Reply   
those are some beautiful pictures
Old    balance            08-16-2004, 2:21 AM Reply   
any idea on diesel boat? or boat without engine?
Old     (boarder1995)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-16-2004, 7:31 AM Reply   
One possibility would be to find a used ski school boat with mega hours that wouldn't be too bad to pull the engine from, or perhaps one that's got a damaged engine. Of course finding a marine engine to place in it would be more difficult. Could you import an engine separately from the US? You'll need a marinized engine - probably difficult to find a diesel.
Also, the pictures are nice.
Old    balance            08-16-2004, 10:13 AM Reply   
thanks boarder :-)

Yes I can import engine separate, but I would have to pay the same the same tax for it...

I have looked at another boat wich is cheaper to import; Wellcraft 21' 190 HP I/O
Any idea on this? Looks like a popular wakeboat here in Norway... Anyone tried this boat? + It does not use a month payment for an hour of pleasure ;)