Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-05-2011, 11:20 AM Reply   
Classic Kobe these last two games. Reminds me of the Kobe who forgot to share the ball in Phoenix a few years back.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-05-2011, 11:37 AM Reply   
I am going to refrain from any real comments until the Mavs go up either 3-0 or 3-1
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-06-2011, 7:36 AM Reply   
Artest didn't even apologize for the thug move. what a loser

http://www.foxsportswest.com/msn/05/...52&feedID=3707
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-06-2011, 10:56 AM Reply   
Attest is a punk. His true colors came out on that bitch move on barea.
Word on the street is that pau got dumped by his fiancee two weeks ago, and he is blaming the wife of a teammate. Could this be the trust issues that Bynum referred to...
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-06-2011, 12:11 PM Reply   
Where does it say he didnt apologize? I just saw the part where he won the citizenship award.
I dont think artest is a punk, he has acted like one at times but i think artest has mental health issues, have you ever seen a interview with him? He's all over the place answering questions, just like he is when he plays. He is one strong and strange dude. Not condoning his actions...although...I was saying to my TV (early in the game) someone one needs to bump JJBerea on his Ass like Fisher gave the forearm shiver to Scolia last year in the Houston series. Not at the end of the game, thats just stupid. Heard the same thing about pau's chick and his play has been very weak. He's probably an emotional wreck, bad time to happen. Gasol needs to watch some dominating old film of himself to remind him he can be the man! I believe Bynum was talking about not trusting each other on defensive switches and not covering for a guy after the switch. The high screen roll killed the lakers, did they forget how they played CP3 a week ago? I dont think its kobe shooting too much, only 20 shots in game 2 down from 29 and at a 47% clip. The bench has completley lost it other than Lamar. I watched steve blake destroy the lakers at the end of the 2010 season before the lakers aquired him. If memory serves he had a triple double ...28, 12 and 10... that guy has yet to show up as a laker. Barnes and brown have been mostly no shows since early in the season when they started calling themselves "Killer B's", only thing they're killin is me when i watch them and the leads the starters build.
Tonight...Interesting to see if the lakers who won 17 of 18 after the allstar break show up or the team who lost 5 in a row. Its crazy how a team can be so talented and cannot play consistent ball. I really think they have lost the passion to win another ring at this point. The other team is more hungry and it shows in the play.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-06-2011, 1:34 PM Reply   
Lakers can be unbeatable, but they are a mental block at times. The pau issue has to do with him and another teammate who r not on speaking Terms, but both share the floor for most of the game. That has to be tough to deal with. Either way, I don't see them rolling over, unless they lose a close one tonight. Then it will be quitting time for most of them. Sorta like the finals against Boston a couple years back.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-06-2011, 5:28 PM Reply   
memo to Pau, Bro's before Ho's.
Or like in 04 against the freakin pistons.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-06-2011, 10:50 PM Reply   
all I have heard on the radio all week from West cost media types is that the Lakers have beaten themselves. There have also been a few Laker players that have said that losing has been more about what they haven't done rather than what the Mavs have done. I can't decide weather I hate the arrogant Lakers more, or the arrogant Yankees more. I guess since they play 2 different sports, I can hate them equally.
This Mavs team isn't the best team ever.....Dirk even said it tonight....."we aren't good enough to coast or to relax. We have to keep playing with the same intensity..." But, I hope that Laker players and fans can finally acknowledge that they are getting beat. The Mavs are getting more bench points, more 3 pointers, and are out coaching the Lakers.
The Lakers are simply getting beat
That's all I've got. No predictions. No over reaction band wagon. Just stop the whining.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-07-2011, 2:41 AM Reply   
yes, the lakers have played like crap, but i'm not using that as an excuse. the mavs are to blame for that and have simply outplayed them, kickin' the lakers' asses. i'm not delusional in saying this, but if there's a team that can win 4 straight, it's the lakers. but if the mavs keep playing the way they've been playing the last 2 series, there's no way the lakers can overcome the 3-0 deficit.

go lakers!
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-07-2011, 7:31 AM Reply   
Its almost like Kobe needs someone to carry him to a ring. 2nd rate player.
Old     (jimmy_z)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-07-2011, 8:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfan23 View Post
Its almost like Kobe needs someone to carry him to a ring. 2nd rate player.
Funniest comment ive seen in a while.

You do hold the record for the most clueless basketball comments on this board.

So..... par for the course......

Proceed.......
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-08-2011, 8:55 AM Reply   
Clueless!? How so... do explain.

But more importantly than those clowns out in LA attempting to play the game of basketball. How about them Bulls. D Rose is better then you.
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-08-2011, 2:42 PM Reply   
Wow. Lakers are really going out with pride...I dont like the Lakers, but I never really had anything against them. This game is really showing some ugliness I did not expect. Unbelievable.

...In other news Jason Terry is a decent shooter, and Dirks pretty solid too.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-08-2011, 3:34 PM Reply   
How long till Kobe requests a trade? Talk about a team that quit on each other. I can't wait till the book comes put on this team. I am dying to know what was going on with pau and whichever teammate screwed him over.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-08-2011, 3:36 PM Reply   
bahahahahahahahhaha!!

swept!
what a bunch of classless thugs
Old     (jimmy_z)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-08-2011, 9:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Clueless!? How so... do explain..
Hmm..let see....... Kobe needs someone to carry him???? And Kobe is a 2nd rate player???

I know your Idol MJ did it all himself. 1 Guy against against 5!!!!!

Pippen, Harper, Kukoc, Rodman, Kerr, Armstrong, Paxson...etc....ect.... may dispute that.

As for 2nd rate player....are you just boneheaded?????

Or...... so boycrazy over Jordan that your penis controls your thoughts????
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-09-2011, 11:29 AM Reply   
^^^exactly.

I think we will find out over the next couple weeks what caused the mental/internal meltdown that showed up on the court. I've never seen Phil Jackson get on someone like he did to Pau in game 3, could not get that guy connected to the game. Hope he doesnt go Donnie Moore on us this week. Train you were right about feeling like the beatdown in Boston but it was worse. This team did not even try to play in game 4, over by the end of the 1st qtr. Ugly, Embarrassing to the Laker organization. Not sure how much was great mavs shooting and how much was lack of caring and defense. So many things going wrong it was like a snowball downhill and the lakers just disintegrated. Still, it was a sweet run. If you told me the Lakers were going to 3 finals in a row, winning 2 championships then go down in epic collapse form ...I'll take it every single time! Not to mention the 4 trips to the finals and 3 championships in early 2000's. No ones been better in the current nba. Lakers will make adjustments and give it another whirl.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-09-2011, 1:37 PM Reply   
".....not sure how much was great mavs shooting and how much was lack of caring and defense."

typical Laker response

the Lakers WERE great. Not anymore. Why can't you just say it like it was? Mavs out played and out coached the Lakers this time. Give credit where credit is due
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-09-2011, 2:04 PM Reply   
Lakers were coasting expecting the league to tee it up for them as usual.

Mav's are a jumpshooting team and 9 times out of 10 it bites them. However, 1 in 10 they blow out the other team. It doesnt matter if its the worst team in the league, if they go 20-32 from the arc, you arent winning. And, the only reason the percentage was that low was because Stevenson bricked half a dozen in garbage time.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-09-2011, 2:16 PM Reply   
I get it Jason. Lakers poor shooting had nothing to do with good defense. Had the situation been reversed, you would be arguing the exact opposite case.

That's the Laker arrogance that we all know and love.
but, I do agree with the jump shooting. It has however, worked in the past 6 games. My hope is that it will continue.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-09-2011, 3:20 PM Reply   
Cliff, The Lakers played about as bad a game as they did all season and they payed the price. Thats how it works...win or go home. Lakers played well enough in games 1 and 3 to have a lead in the 4th qtr, and then their inconsistent play, false confidence/bravado, bad decision making and the Mavs closing well was all it took. If you are going to have that swagger you have to be able to back it up...the lakers could not walk the walk and the Mavs did. Im sure the lakers are mentally and physically exausted add to that the gasol fiasco on the court and in the locker room, its a recipe for imploding. Yes, the mavs shot lights out and so did Orlando before they lost in 09. Dallas flat out kicked the lakers asses, but it wasnt a very good laker effort in any part of the game. Like Jason said, its true about jump shooting teams...live by the 3, die by the 3. Congrats to the Mavs, Mark Cuban and their fans, you have a really good and deep team. You put a beat down on the lakers.
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-09-2011, 4:37 PM Reply   
I think you missed my point. I live in Dallas and am a homer for the Mav's. However, I know good and well game 4 was much more about a shooting anomaly than any game strategy. I believe the league encourages lucrative matchups, which generally work in the Lakers favor. The lakers played with no urgency expecting it to "work out" like it has in the past. Guess it wasn't going to fly this year.

Maybe research shows three-peats aren't as lucrative.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-09-2011, 7:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_z View Post
Hmm..let see....... Kobe needs someone to carry him???? And Kobe is a 2nd rate player???

I know your Idol MJ did it all himself. 1 Guy against against 5!!!!!

Pippen, Harper, Kukoc, Rodman, Kerr, Armstrong, Paxson...etc....ect.... may dispute that.

As for 2nd rate player....are you just boneheaded?????

Or...... so boycrazy over Jordan that your penis controls your thoughts????
Missing the point again are we?

Shaq carried Kobe to rings, thats a given fact. Shaq is probably the most physically dominating big man to ever play the game. He was the number 1. Just like Jordan.

As for Kobe being a 2nd rate player. Well he pretty much is at this point in his career. His body is breaking down and is nowhere near a top player in the league.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-09-2011, 7:59 PM Reply   
^What about the rings that Kobe has won since Shaq has been gone???
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-09-2011, 8:53 PM Reply   
Makes him a solid player. Probably on the same level as Chauncy when he was with Detroit.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-10-2011, 10:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Makes him a solid player. Probably on the same level as Chauncy when he was with Detroit.
I was a long time pistons fan, until they trade Chauncey for the thug. I am as big of a hater of Kobe as there is. However, u putting these two on the same level truly shows how either stupid u r about basketball (regardless of your hoops pedigree) or have such a blind hatred for Kobe, that u truly cant see the absolute talent that plays before your eyes. I am hoping it is the first one, but have a feeling it is the second one.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-10-2011, 10:50 AM Reply   
"Shaq carried Kobe to rings, thats a given fact" Your "fact" is debatable.
Most coaches, players, fans and anyone who knows who chauncey billips is would disagree with your assesment and IMO they would be correct.
"Makes him a solid player." Yeah, kinda.

2000 - NBA Champion
2001 - NBA Champion
2002 - NBA Champion, All-Star MVP
2003 - 30 ppg, 7 rpg, 6 apg, 2.2 spg
2004 - Finals Appearance
2005 - 27.6 ppg, 6 apg, 6 rpg
2006 - 35.4 ppg, 5 rpg, 5 apg, Scoring Champion
2007 - Scoring Champion, All-Star MVP
2008 - MVP, Finals Appearance
2009 - NBA Champion, Finals MVP, All-Star MVP
2010 - NBA Champion, Finals MVP

5x NBA Champion
2x Finals MVP
1x MVP
12x All-Star
8x All-NBA 1st Team
8x All-Defensive 1st Team
2x Scoring Champion
3x All-Star Game MVP
1x Slam Dunk Contest

81 points (2nd highest in a game)
62 in 3 quarters (outscored a team thru 3 quarters)
9 straight 40+ point games
4 straight 50+ point games
13 straight 35+ point games
12 3's in 1 game
9 straight 3's in 1 game
Averaged 40+ ppg for a month
2nd all time in career playoff 30 point games (78)
3rd all time in 40 point games (104)
3rd all time in 50 point games (24)
3rd all time in 60 point games (5)
Only player in NBA history to score at least 600 points in the postseason for three consecutive years

Career points: 26,129 (12th all time)
Playoff career pts: 5,052 (4th all time)
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-10-2011, 12:50 PM Reply   
"The all-time ranks and the awards do not lie. Jordan has always been the better of the two, and it's not even close."

Is volume shooter any good at soccer? Maybe thats his calling.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-10-2011, 1:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Is volume shooter any good at soccer? Maybe thats his calling.
Haha

Back to NBA and not rapists and retired players....

The OKC game last night was great! I honestly have no idea who is going to be the team from the West.... and the East I think will come down to Bulls v Heat.... hoping to see a Heat v Mavs (or OKC) final..... but honestly as long as the Celtics and Lakers aren't there, WIN!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-10-2011, 2:17 PM Reply   
"Is volume shooter any good at soccer? Maybe thats his calling."

I can guarantee that he is a better soccer player, than you think you are a basketball player.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-10-2011, 5:08 PM Reply   
Thought the comparison was with Chauncey?
Who compared Kobe to jordan? Kobe is a way cooler name than Mike, and its not even close.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-10-2011, 7:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrigo View Post
"Is volume shooter any good at soccer? Maybe thats his calling."

I can guarantee that he is a better soccer player, than you think you are a basketball player.
I doubt that. I have dominated college basketball, something Kobe cant say.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-10-2011, 9:05 PM Reply   
Kobe did not college hoops.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-10-2011, 10:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
. I have dominated college basketball, something Kobe cant say.
While you were king of the campus Kobe was making millions.....
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-11-2011, 5:56 AM Reply   
"I doubt that. I have dominated college basketball, something Kobe cant say."

And in the next ten years or so, when you sit and wonder what might have been if an NBA team had given you a shot, Kobe can just sit back and watch his highlights.

You sound like Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-11-2011, 7:11 AM Reply   
Prove it.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-11-2011, 7:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
I doubt that. I have dominated college basketball, something Kobe cant say.
Easily my favorite part of the non-NBA related banter of this thread is when Eric goes Uncle Rico. It is not uncommon, but never fails to bring a smile to my face.

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-11-2011, 8:41 AM Reply   
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...bynumsuspended

it's not enough. He should have lost 10 to 15 games...
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-11-2011, 10:20 AM Reply   
^^
especially since it was not his first offense for a similar foul.

Bynum and Pau to Orlando for Dwight???
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-11-2011, 10:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
]Kobe can just sit back and watch his highlights.
and wonder why he could never amount to the greatest basketball player of all time? When its all said and done, Kobe may break top 50. Maybe.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-11-2011, 10:53 AM Reply   
^Kobe has 5 rings and an MVP (if he retires today), I think he will be okay with his career.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-11-2011, 11:40 AM Reply   
Thanks EJ!
Not enuff?? Really? Dude had to pay over $700 large in addition to the games...what other sport fines like the Commish Stern?
Kobe broke top 50 before he was 30. Are you even old enough to have watched your idol?
I think Magic Johnson spoke too soon when he said they need to blow up the Laker team. Wonder what Kupchec will do.
I need to pick another team now, cant be Miami, Boston's about gone. Grizzlys, nah, Not Chicago or ATL either...May have to bandwagon w/ OKC. Love Durants game.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-12-2011, 9:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
^Kobe has 5 rings and an MVP (if he retires today), I think he will be okay with his career.
Your right, he probably will be OK with his career. Not everyone strives to be the best. Kobe should be content with his career it was indeed slightly above average.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-12-2011, 11:15 AM Reply   
Prove u were a dominant college player. Either step up, or stfu.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-12-2011, 5:45 PM Reply   
^He dominated the bench.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-13-2011, 1:54 PM Reply   
^^laffing but really only dominates between his own ears.
I sure hope the bulls can handle Miami.
Cmon OKC!
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-13-2011, 6:03 PM Reply   
^I heard he threw a mean towel.
Old     (jimmy_z)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-13-2011, 6:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
I doubt that. I have dominated college basketball, mixing some of the best Gatorade you will ever drink, something Kobe cant say.
Edited for accuracy!!!!!!!
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-14-2011, 8:09 AM Reply   
First team all conference as a freshman. Ill take the pictrure of the award next time im home. Like I previously stated. I dominated small school basketball. It is what it is. I wont be making millions of dollars playing basketball however my basketball ability and knowledge far surpasses 99% of you clowns.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-14-2011, 10:29 AM Reply   
U previously stated u dominated college. Not small school basketball. Your basketball knowledge is suspect based on the simple fact u compared Kobe with Chauncey as far as their talent level. That sir, makes u a basketball dimwit.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-14-2011, 1:55 PM Reply   
Not to mention not putting Kobe Bryant in the top 50. That places your basketball knowledge somewhere in the preschool level.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-14-2011, 3:32 PM Reply   
yes Darrel, not enough. It wasn't $700,000 plus games. The article reads that is is a total of $700,000, including the fine for going shirtless.
He must make nearly 135,000 per game, plus endorsements.Over an 8o plus game season, he makes a ton of cash. 15 games would have been about 2 million in fines for an act that could have resulted in a serious injury. 2 million is still less than 20% of his total salary. Instead, he got fined maybe 6%. Chump change for him. I bet it didn't even phase him. He will do it again before his career is over.....

Last edited by ord27; 05-14-2011 at 3:34 PM.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-14-2011, 5:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
First team all conference as a freshman. Ill take the pictrure of the award next time im home. Like I previously stated. I dominated small school basketball. It is what it is. I wont be making millions of dollars playing basketball however my basketball ability and knowledge far surpasses 99% of you clowns.
That would be like me saying I dominated the local race track.I did and have the trophys to prove it.But now the real details.It was a GO CART TRACK and i was racing amateurs. I also have alot of knowledge about racing in general.But i can admit i would get schooled by the pros and not even be competitive.Small school equals less talent and less difficult scheme to learn.Sure you know basic drills and skills but put you on the court with a pro[not even Kobe]and you would look like a school boy lost among men.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-14-2011, 7:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
That would be like me saying I dominated the local race track.I did and have the trophys to prove it.But now the real details.It was a GO CART TRACK and i was racing amateurs. I also have alot of knowledge about racing in general.But i can admit i would get schooled by the pros and not even be competitive.Small school equals less talent and less difficult scheme to learn.Sure you know basic drills and skills but put you on the court with a pro[not even Kobe]and you would look like a school boy lost among men.

Your knowledge about college basketball is clownlike. Small school can mean alot of different things but normally it relates back to a size issue. Believe what you want, guys ive played with/against are getting paid to play overseas. Guys that werent 1st team all conference as freshmen. But like I stated, you can believe what youd like to, my accomplishments are what they are. Next time someones in ohio come play some ball.

As far as scheme. Half a D1 athletes dont have a clue what they are doing "scheme" wise.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-15-2011, 5:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Your knowledge about college basketball is clownlike. Small school can mean alot of different things but normally it relates back to a size issue. Believe what you want, guys ive played with/against are getting paid to play overseas. Guys that werent 1st team all conference as freshmen. But like I stated, you can believe what youd like to, my accomplishments are what they are. Next time someones in ohio come play some ball.

As far as scheme. Half a D1 athletes dont have a clue what they are doing "scheme" wise.
Would have, Could Have ,Should Have? How about I do play pro ball and make millions,or even I play ball over seas.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-15-2011, 9:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Would have, Could Have ,Should Have? How about I do play pro ball and make millions,or even I play ball over seas.
Having options in life is such a nice thing. I chose med school.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-15-2011, 4:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
That definitely sounds better than making millions playing professional basketball!
Old     (jimmy_z)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-15-2011, 10:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Let us know where you are going to practice medicine.

If your medical education is anywhere close to your basketball education......we dont want to be in a 500 mile radius of where you are practicing!!!!

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Our lives are at stake!!!!
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-16-2011, 12:05 PM Reply   
Cliff, I still think that losing $700K is significant even if you make Bynum money. It was stupid and a bad decision to throw an elbow like that...esp because of the size diff between the two. It was not a Kermit Washington type play, An elbow to the rib cage, even with Barea in the air, is not life threatening and the media did what they do...make a big deal out of a regular size deal. Two million, I think thats just too high. Barea is your guy and Bynum mine so it makes sense we may not agree. I think the nba fines are as harsh as any in sports.
Awesome game in Chicago, the look on the Heatles faces when down by 20 was priceless. Taj Gibson, spectacular!
Hoping rust over rest in Dallas, Go Thunder.

mjfan, you have a high probability of failing bedside manners class. Seriously , congrats on your ball skills and your acomplishments, im sure you can hoop. But quit acting like a primadona, if you had not noticed, its not working for you.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-17-2011, 2:26 PM Reply   
I knew the "med school" would come out sooner or later.

Ahh.. Lakers. The sweep hurt, but wasn't entirely surprising. The writing was on the wall for most of the season. Can't win them all, but we'll be back.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-17-2011, 8:43 PM Reply   
we are watching two players above kobe's game this evening.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-18-2011, 7:46 AM Reply   
Mavs!!! I guess the rest didn't hurt them. 7 playoff wins in a row!
121-112 over the Thunder

Dirk was on fire!
48 points on 15 shots from the field. No 3 pointers. That means the rest were free throws.......an NBA record in fact! 24 for 24 free throws. Thats a lot of David Hasselhoff singing!! He has said that he sings at the line in order to focus.
The ESPN crew was comparing him to the great Larry Bird. I'm not sure he's a Larry Bird, but he is on a roll this year.
Lets make it 8 in a row Mavs! woo hoo!
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-18-2011, 10:44 AM Reply   
Yeah my rust plan wasnt even close! Freaking spectacular night for Dirk, dude was taking it to the thunder from the get go. Looked like they just carried forward from the game 4 V. Lakers, Barea still killing in the pick/roll and Terry still killing it outside.... and after all that.... OKC was still hanging in til the end. Two really good series going on right now.
mjfan, kobe is not into guys so quit fantasizing, thinking, and talking about him.
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-18-2011, 12:03 PM Reply   
No doubt Dirk had a historic night, but I cannot believe Durant hasn't received any pub on an exceptional game:

Dirk: 12/15 FG 24/24 FT 48pts on his home court, in a round of the playoffs he has been before.

Durant: 10/18 (55%) FG 18/19 FT 40 pts on the road in his first ever WCF.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-18-2011, 1:37 PM Reply   
Durant had a great game too, carried OKC! Young teams play better at home, and OKC is a very young team.
I forgot to mention Dirks unsportsmanlike hit on Durant as he was going in for the layup late. Close to a flagrant foul IMO.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-18-2011, 2:18 PM Reply   
way to many free throws last night. The NBA gets to get tough.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-19-2011, 9:43 AM Reply   
Bulls needed that home win, gonna make the road rough. You slow Rose, you slow the bulls. James made the shots in the 4th and that was the game.
OKC, stop fouling Dirk it doesnt work and he is 90+%!!
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-20-2011, 10:15 AM Reply   
OKC back in the drivers seat!
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-20-2011, 10:24 AM Reply   
I'm still thinking the Mavs will win this series. I'm kind of hoping they get to the finals again and crash and burn. Unless it's the Heat in the finals. In that case, go Mavs!
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-20-2011, 3:57 PM Reply   
Dirk should have a ring.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-20-2011, 5:25 PM Reply   
Agreed. Stern stole one from him in 2006 during that horribly one sided officiating disaster. Stern hates cuban, and if the mavs make the finals again, everyone will see it again.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-20-2011, 7:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrigo View Post
Agreed. Stern stole one from him in 2006 during that horribly one sided officiating disaster. Stern hates cuban, and if the mavs make the finals again, everyone will see it again.
No different than the cowboys,they have to beat the other team and the refs.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-20-2011, 8:14 PM Reply   
in order for a conspiracy to work, both teams have to be in on the fix; one team has to make the baskets while the other has to miss.

Last edited by dakid; 05-20-2011 at 8:21 PM.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-21-2011, 12:40 PM Reply   
"No different than the cowboys,they have to beat the other team and the refs"

No, the Cowboys just suck.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-21-2011, 3:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
"No different than the cowboys,they have to beat the other team and the refs"

No, the Cowboys just suck.
If 8 SUPERBOWL APPEARANCES AND 5 RINGS IS SUCKING THERE ARE ABOUT 30 OTHER TEAMS THAT WANT TO SUCK.TENNESSEE WITH 0 WINS BEING AT THE TOP OF THE LIST.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-21-2011, 4:16 PM Reply   
^When was their last SB win? The Oilers (who are now in TN) have a SB win.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-21-2011, 8:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
^When was their last SB win? The Oilers (who are now in TN) have a SB win.
In 96 when they beat the STEELERS in arizona 27-17.When was TENNESSEE'S FIRST?That's just the fact's.Please tell me when you dreamed up the oilers win.Look up super bowl winners.

Last edited by cwb4me; 05-21-2011 at 8:47 PM.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-22-2011, 3:52 AM Reply   
"Tennessee Titans, appeared in Super Bowl XXXIV. Their last championship was in 1961 when the team was the Houston Oilers."

-Wikipedia "Super Bowl winners".

Robert, we are about to get bashed for hijacking the NBA thread. If the lockout ends, we can pick up this discussion in a few months.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-22-2011, 5:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
"Tennessee Titans, appeared in Super Bowl XXXIV. Their last championship was in 1961 when the team was the Houston Oilers."

-Wikipedia "Super Bowl winners".

Robert, we are about to get bashed for hijacking the NBA thread. If the lockout ends, we can pick up this discussion in a few months.
That's okay because MAVRICKS WON again last night.DALLAS MAVRICKS that is.By the way Jeremy how old were you in 1961?I've seen every superbowl appearance for DALLAS.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-22-2011, 10:42 AM Reply   
1st qtr and game over, wtf OKC? Mavs looking awful tough to beat at this point. I dont think even stern can stop them from getting to the finals. This is not the same soft mavs from the past.