Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Website Feedback, Suggestions, Problems, Etc.

Old     (big_b_21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-02-2010, 10:08 AM Reply   
David,
Is there a way to turn off the mouse over pop-ups?
Although a great feature in some applications it is difficult to follow when scrolling through the thread topics.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-02-2010, 12:07 PM Reply   
What is a mouseover popup?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-02-2010, 12:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
What is a mouseover popup?

drop down menu. the new site is great but it doesn't look like anyone's diggin' the drop down menu.
Old     (big_b_21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-02-2010, 12:31 PM Reply   
I am talking about when you run your mouse over a thread topic and it pops up a window that shows what the originators first post says.
Useful, but annoying when scrolling.
Just a question of whether it can be turned on and off?
Old     (sacwake)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-02-2010, 12:50 PM Reply   
mine doesn't do it...maybe your browser?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-02-2010, 2:19 PM Reply   
Ok, ok, ok, Joe. You don't like the menus. Duly noted.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-02-2010, 2:21 PM Reply   
Are you saying it actually pops up a window you have to close? It should do that. Or is it just popping up the little square that goes away after you roll off. That was a feature requested by a lot of people. Not a way to turn it off that I'm aware of, but I'm still learning..
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-02-2010, 2:50 PM Reply   
I think this is for when as an example you scroll your mouse over the menu items at the top of the page like Home, Articles, Pics/Video, Gear, etc. and without even clicking on anything, the drop-down menu pops up. Personally, I also don't like this. I don't like anything popping up or any menus popping up unless I click on something. It can be annoying when just moving your mouse.

I've complained to Yahoo with their new homepage that also does this for some items.

I'm not sure if most people prefer it or not, though.

Start a Poll and ask!!!
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-02-2010, 2:57 PM Reply   
I think he' referring to the Alt and Title tags for the threads. I dont believe thats an option to turn on and off. Take a look at the attached image.

Also, for Navigation, drop down menus are one of the best if not most recognized ways of handling large amounts of content. Examples are Amazon, Nike.com and any other large site. Its the best way of displaying and organizing a lists of links.
Attached Images

Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-02-2010, 9:25 PM Reply   
I do not like the mouse over pop ups either. very annoying! every time you move over something it drops down
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-02-2010, 9:26 PM Reply   
I do not like the mouse over pop ups either. very annoying! every time you move over something witjhout clicking it drops down
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-02-2010, 10:51 PM Reply   
I think it would be much better if the drop down menus only came down after your mouse rested over them for a second or half a second. The instantaneous drop down when your mouse goes over it is fairly annoying.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-02-2010, 11:02 PM Reply   
Yup, we're working on that. The delay isn't as long as I wanted.
Old     (sacwake)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-03-2010, 7:19 AM Reply   
I have to say I kind of like the mouse over popups. It lets you know without actually opening the thread, what the post is about. Sometimes the subject is not descriptive enough and you waste your time, but with the popup you know immediately if you're interested.
Old     (mcb611)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-03-2010, 7:24 AM Reply   
yea the drop downs do get some what annoying
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-04-2010, 10:22 AM Reply   
I know this thread was not originally about the menus, but it kind of morphed into it. We have made some tweaks on the menus to reduce the number of times you will accidentally drop them down. It works a lot better now. Let me know if there are any issues. Thanks.