Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (lhlocal)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-02-2007, 7:23 PM Reply   
We were planning on a houseboat trip to Table Rock Lake. Unfortunately at the time we're able to go, there is no availability. We're now looking for a lakefront resort. There are at least 100 places to choose from. Could someone who has vacationed there please give me some advice on where to stay thats decent and close to some good riding? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-04-2007, 7:54 AM Reply   
What part of the lake are you looking at?

Let me put it to you this way, no matter the resort, you will always find good water.

If you are looking in the Kimberling City area, I have stayed at Emerald Pointe on Emerald Bay which was very nice.
Old     (lhlocal)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-04-2007, 8:07 AM Reply   
Thanks for the help. I just booked a 4 bedroom lake house at Wispering Pines in Kimberling City. The guy there said he can point us in the direction of some good water. Can't wait! We got a 4 bedroom house for less than 300 a night. I was pretty surprised. As long as its the house in the picture, we're all set!
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-04-2007, 10:04 AM Reply   
table rock sucks, don't come here!

What dates are you going to be here?
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-05-2007, 12:31 PM Reply   
go up the James River arm toward Cape Fair....not matter what, wind or crowd, you will find buddah... its a cant miss.....and there is a marina there to fill up so you can make it back.
Old     (wakeangel22)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-05-2007, 12:45 PM Reply   
The only thing is, up in Cape Fair you have to worry about the spoonbills. Nothing like a giant prehistoric fish to make the trip interesting. Have fun on your trip.I have not been back to Table Rock in so long.
Old     (boardcrazy)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-05-2007, 5:09 PM Reply   
Gregg, how did you find that? Do you have a website handy? We are going down over the fourth and are looking for a place to stay, but most places are already booked up...we are looking to stay in the Kimberling City area also. It is a awesome lake to board. I agree with going up towards the Cape Fair area...we always head that way to get our boarding in...
Old     (craigystyle_05)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-05-2007, 6:08 PM Reply   
bittersweet lodge is awesome!!!! its by kimberling city
Old     (lhlocal)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-05-2007, 7:35 PM Reply   
I found Whispering Pines by doing a search online. We found a couple other places which were all booked up. This place just had someone cancel, so we had good timing. I think we'll definetly head toward the Cape Fair area. We'll just watch out for the spoonbills, although I'm much more worried about the prehistoric reptiles we see while boarding in FL. We'll be down the first week in June. For all the locals hoarding the butter, I promise no power turns, and only tubing/surfing in the wide open choppy parts of the lake. Thanks for all the advice.
Old     (rooster_cogburn)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-05-2007, 7:47 PM Reply   
I agree with K state...Table Rock sucks!! :-)

Might I suggest you try Taneycomo?
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-06-2007, 1:48 PM Reply   
Now that I think about it, KState is right, you definetley want to go to Lake of the Ozarks.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-06-2007, 2:08 PM Reply   
hasn't anyone noticed that Maeghan Major just posted?
Old     (worththewake)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-06-2007, 2:13 PM Reply   
Yeah i noticed......how awesome is it to have a pro chime in! Props to you Maeghan
Old     (ashleyo)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-06-2007, 3:36 PM Reply   
whoa yeah i didnt even notice it haha awesome.

i was at table rock last year and we had a blast...highly recommend it.
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-06-2007, 7:08 PM Reply   
Rooster
Just don't try Bull Shoals...terrible chop, and tons of boats!
Old     (wags)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-06-2007, 7:38 PM Reply   
I stayed near Eagle Rock in April '05. The accomodations and conditions were phenominal. Absolutely no night life out there but we had 5 days of butter. The only traffic we saw there were bass boats crusin' a buck 20 this way and that.Upload
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-07-2007, 10:20 AM Reply   
Big Cedar Lodge is an awesome place to visit. They had a Super Air Nautique 210 when I went there a couple of years ago to ride behind.
Old     (danrocks4)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-07-2007, 10:38 AM Reply   
Big cedar lodge has a mastercraft x something the last time i saw, but i've been staying at a resort call still waters since i was a little kid. its smaller than big cedar, but still a pretty big resort. its changed alot in recent years to be kinda crowed and what not, but i dont really know what youre looking for.
Old     (craigystyle_05)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-07-2007, 1:53 PM Reply   
we bought our boat up by eagle rock.... at sport boats usa... eagle rock is awesome... always butter... the party place is down a lil ways from kimberling... i love table rock...
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-07-2007, 5:50 PM Reply   
Try for a house boat trip to Lake of the Ozarks. Not a great place to ride except for the mornings or evening. Sick place to ride though.