Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Hydrofoiling

Old                08-09-2005, 4:24 PM Reply   
Has anyone lost a hydrofoil. On my first trip using a new Sky Ski we lost the foil. It turns out that even though there are two bolts only one bolt holds the foil in place. The chair was provided with bolts, a ratchet handle and washers. Ski ski says the washers should not be used. The bolt seams rather short, only 2 to 3 threads holding. Sky Ski said they have NEVER heard of a lost foil or even a ratchet handle coming off. I find that hard to believe. If anyone has lost a handle or foil I would like to hear from you Email me at davidz@pre-conproducts.com I figure it cost me $300.00 per ride Thanks
Old     (don_stark)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-12-2005, 2:49 PM Reply   
When we ride there are 3 people that ride the same ski and the ratchet handles will unthread them selves. had it countless times. My sky ski has been in the water over 130 times this summer and it loosens every time.
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-14-2005, 11:13 PM Reply   
Dan, Have you tried turning them clock-wise yet? That seems to work for me.

I have seen these handles loosen up.
On the LE's there is a third hole that a safety pin goes into. It might not be a bad idea to drill a hole in your tower and put one in for yourself.
Old     (don_stark)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-15-2005, 10:39 AM Reply   
Joe

I think they loosen because we are going so big on our wake rolls. We are at something like 60 in the flats and 54 frames off the wake(hahahahah).

See you guys at Clinton. suckers

Later, Dan