Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old     (cwbrider16)      Join Date: May 2004       07-26-2005, 6:02 PM Reply   
had anyone ridden the nice RG1's? I am thinkin about getting them and would like some imput (comfortable, easy to get in and out, etc) not to mention they'd look sweet on my board..
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-26-2005, 8:38 PM Reply   
I know those nice bindings are a dream to put on and take off.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-26-2005, 8:41 PM Reply   
I found the opposite. The 04 RGs had a ton of forward lean which made getting in and out horrible for me. Really tight over the lower part of the foot too.

Maybe the 05s have improved
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-26-2005, 9:39 PM Reply   
I have the PRS1's and they are O for awesome. Easy to take on and off and once you are locked in you are in for good. I have only been ejected a few times on major eye ball poppers. They do have quite a lot of forward lean but I dig that.
Old     (leykis1o1)      Join Date: May 2005       07-26-2005, 10:37 PM Reply   
i love my NICE PRS1's no lube necessary and i can pop them off with one click of the strap and one pull of the string ..about 2 seconds a foot ..so very comfortable...id say they are better than the RG1's
Old     (leykis1o1)      Join Date: May 2005       07-26-2005, 10:38 PM Reply   
2005 Nice bindings are completly different than of..no similaritys other than there snowboard style cinch strap
Old     (dbjts)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-26-2005, 11:42 PM Reply   
I've got a pair of 04 PRS1's and a pair of 05 RG1's one bigger than the other so I can wear neoprene socks in our cold winter climate.
both easy to get in and out of more so the PRS1's because they only have the one draw cord at the front were as the RG1's have an additional one at the back that you need to be a bit of a contortionist to tighten up.
Like the name suggests they really are Nice.
Old     (superairdawg)      Join Date: May 2003       07-27-2005, 5:00 AM Reply   
I'll second what J-Rod stated. I've owned a pair of Nice Scarecrows and two pairs of PRS-1's and they stay on your feet strictly by cinching the hell outta 'em. EAAAASY to get on/off, but my feet went to sleep after only 10-15 minutes of riding. I haven't ridden the RG-1's but assume the inner material would be similar to the PRS-1's.

I finally got off my NICE binding kick and went with some LF Alphas. The inside material took some getting used to (scratchy and more difficult to get on/off) but I barely have to tighten them to keep them sticking to my feet. If your feet can handle tightening the NICE bindings down you'll dig 'em.
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-27-2005, 9:22 AM Reply   
I really liked my RG1s that I rode in.
They do have some forward lean though.
Im riding in the Scarecrows now.
I think that they are both easy to get in and out of. That cinch strap on the RG1s is really sweet though. It'll defenitly hold you in.
Not to mention the good looks.

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBOARDSHOP.COM
Old     (sandman59)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-27-2005, 7:12 PM Reply   
After riding my 2004 RG1's all summer, I rode my old set-up with HL 30-60's. It felt like I had my feet in sandpaper. THe RG1's are much more comfortable and feel more secure, though my feet also fell asleep before the bindings got broke in.
Old     (leykis1o1)      Join Date: May 2005       07-27-2005, 8:05 PM Reply   
just try the 2005 line..youll be happy
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-29-2005, 4:21 PM Reply   
I just picked up the RG1’s last week from The Board Shack ( www.theboardshack.com ) and they are awesome! I’m coming off a pair of Parks and I have no regrets. There is break in time so my feet are falling asleep right now but I think it will be more than worth it. They’re much more customizable than the Parks. If I want more side to side lean I can leave the top laces unloosed and still be held solid by the front laces and ratchet strap. With the top laces cinched down they provide amazing support up top. My one complaint is the laces lock that Nice uses. HL’s is far better but it shouldn’t be hard to swap them out. It does take a bit of time to get in them but I figure that having the exact support I want is more than worth an extra minute. Plus yes, they do look amazing! Do yourself a favor and pick some up.
Old     (superairdawg)      Join Date: May 2003       07-30-2005, 6:34 AM Reply   
I'm really curious as to whether they "break in" to the point where your feet don't go to sleep. All the Nice bindings I've owned never got to that point and I figured the RG1's would be similar. Let us know how they work once you get some time on them!!
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-30-2005, 9:09 AM Reply   
I'll let you know Joe. But I think it's already happening. I took two sets on Thursday and my feet were falling asleep during set one but during set two (which was a longer set because I was looking for calm water) they never once got uncomfortable or fell asleep. I'll see how it goes today. At the same time though we should factor in that people's feet are shaped differently, some people crow about particular bindings from the rooftops while others have the same bindings pinch and rub their feet until they bleed.
Old     (leykis1o1)      Join Date: May 2005       07-30-2005, 9:41 AM Reply   
the 2005 RG1's and the PRS1 made from the same materials..anyways my PRS1's shaped to my feet!! but yes they were a little tight in a few places until broken in!!