Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (baldrich)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-02-2006, 5:29 PM Reply   
Just landed in Honolulu and am wondering if anyone has any contacts for wakeboarding out here....
Old    snsbritt            05-02-2006, 8:11 PM Reply   
There used to be a wakeboarding school called rnr on the marine core base in kaneohe. If they are no longer around there is a school in hawaii Kai on the windward side of the island. Rnr is much better though because they have private water to ride on. The head guy at rnr is named Reid.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-02-2006, 8:27 PM Reply   
Bill,
I just responded to your search in the Find a Pull thread.

The guy that Shane is referring to is my brother Reid, but he closed RNR a few years ago and doesn't really get out on the water much anymore. PM me and I'll put you in contact with one of my friends who rides at Keehi Lagoon on Oahu.
Old     (wakeboard19)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-03-2006, 10:05 AM Reply   
I will be there next week.
Old    snsbritt            05-03-2006, 9:56 PM Reply   
Ryan-
i thought your last name looked familiar. Some of my best wakeboarding memories were at your brother's place. He inspired a big guy like me to go big. I remeber at one of the clinics all the kids were kinda blowing him off until he got behind the boat and threw a huge raley. Why did they close? what happened to Lance? Just would like some info for old times sake.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-04-2006, 10:48 AM Reply   
Shane,
I responded to your questions in the Find a Pull thread.

Lance and Reid parted ways, business wise, after the shop closed. They still stay in contact every now and then. I believe Lance is doing construction or painting homes. My brother is still a firefighter and is also the Hawaii for No Fear (motocross division), Spy Optics and Nautiques. So needless to say, he stays very busy between all of that and being a family man.

I have great memories from RNR. Lance was a very good instructor and I base a lot of my coaching style around his. I learned a lot from him.

My brother was definitely inspirational to guys who were built bigger. I watch old videos of him and I'm still impressed with how big he went. I remember when he was doing R&D for Hyperlite boards and his job would be to see how hard he could push those boards. Man, I saw him eat some serious sh.. off double ups when boards would snap on the landing.

Check out my response in the Find a Pull section. I have some questions for you.

Aloha
Old    snsbritt            05-04-2006, 11:20 AM Reply   
ryan i responded in the find a third thread