Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (iamcdn)      Join Date: Sep 2010       03-24-2013, 9:44 PM Reply   
Does anyone else find the Tige cabin space a little small? I am not sure if it is my own perception or if it is actually the case. Anyone happen to measure the interior of the Tige and compare to equivalent Bu's, CC, MC, etc?
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       03-24-2013, 10:24 PM Reply   
I'd say Tige in the 22' segment (RZ2) is second in space in the cabin area behind only the MXZ22, but is definitely bigger than the X25, A22. etc... In my opinion that is.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-25-2013, 3:22 AM Reply   
I'd have to agree with Jet Ranger.The Malibu MXZ is the roomiest in that segment of 22' boats.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       03-25-2013, 5:24 AM Reply   
You guys are crazy! MXZ has got the smallest cabin of all listed. Followed by the RZ2 . The one and only thing beside being a great gulf coast fishing but is the X25 has a nice size cabin and tons of storage! X-25 easily larger cabin than MXz and RZ2.
Old     (iamcdn)      Join Date: Sep 2010       03-25-2013, 5:42 AM Reply   
See I find the rz2 less spacious than the mxz. I also find the Z1 feels less roomy than the VLX and even SANTE 210 which only has a 98" beam. Maybe it's just me
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-25-2013, 6:44 AM Reply   
What models specifically? They have alot more balanced floor plans in terms of cabin/bow than some other boats but perhaps it's just the layout ( seat behind drivers seat, fiberglass seat base that runs under the drivers seat) that gives it a smaller feel. Also if the interior deck is not white it feels smaller
Old     (iamcdn)      Join Date: Sep 2010       03-25-2013, 6:50 AM Reply   
I find the Z3 feels big and roomy but not in comparison to Bu's 23 LSV. And same goes for RZ2 vs 22MXZ and Z1 vs VLX/SANTE210. Maybe it's the Alpha Z tower being lower making it feel that way.
Old     (CarZin)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-25-2013, 10:09 AM Reply   
Yup, I defintely feel as though Tige cabin space is small. I haven't seen anything that beats the cabin space of the Centurion Enzo 244,233 or 211. Its one of the big reasons we went this brand over everything else. By far, I think Centurion has gotten this better than any other brand. They pushed the cockpit VERY far forward and the lounge area is huge. I'm almost positive I have as much or more lounge area in my 23 foot SV233 than in the 24 foot malibu. They have removed emphasis from the bow, which in our case is great. People like to be in the rear of the boat watching the action. I have found the Tige boats to be a bit chopped up. I give second place to Malibu for cabin space.

Last edited by CarZin; 03-25-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-25-2013, 11:50 AM Reply   
Lets Face it..Tige's just suck!!! Worst boat on the market, how they haven't went under I can't figure.
Old     (CarZin)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-25-2013, 12:05 PM Reply   
I think Tiges are awesome. But it is worth pointing out the differences in how a boat allocates cabin/bow space. It is a differentiation. Ultimately, I don't think there is much difference in actual space from one boat of X size to another, but they can certainly feel different based on layout.

With my crew, I have to almost beg someone to sit up front. So, I'd rather have as little space wasted in the bow as possible. I notice that on the RZ4, there is next to no goofy sided room for passengers because they have that console behind the seat. In fact, that seems to only get worse with the smaller Tiges. We primarily surf goofy, and while I have NO time in an RZ4, I would think getting the boat weighted on that side would be a challenge given the lack of goofy seating room and space allocated for a large bow if you have a good sized crew out with you.

Last edited by CarZin; 03-25-2013 at 12:09 PM.
Old     (iamcdn)      Join Date: Sep 2010       03-25-2013, 1:21 PM Reply   
I am not trying to get into a brand battle here. I love Tige's, just wondering if anyone else noticed the same thing. The cabin space feels a little smaller and narrow for some reason.
Old     (CarZin)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-25-2013, 1:29 PM Reply   
It certainly looks narrower in the picture. In fact, it looked so much narrower that I had to check the beam. I suspect it looks that way because they have deeper seating and thus less floor space. Not necessarily a bad thing. Tige does like to be different.
Old     (cbarguy1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       03-25-2013, 1:40 PM Reply   
The RZ3 seems gigantic to me.

I've said it before but if interior space is so important, why don't we all drive minivans? How a boat looks and feels inside is more important to me than pure size.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       03-25-2013, 3:03 PM Reply   
I don't feel like the Tige cabin seems small compared to other 22 footers (we have an RZ2). Doesn't seem smaller than the A22 we used to have. Doesn't seem as big as the 23 TWB my brother has but that is 22 vs 23. With the 102" beam I can't imagine it is any smaller than any other model. I will say when we demoed boats the X25 seemed to have the biggest cabin. The MXZ seems to be tiny in the main cabin area it just has that massive bow to make up for it. Just my personal take on the various boats.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-25-2013, 3:09 PM Reply   
You guys crack me up. Run it into the ground till I say they suck and then go 180 and say they are awesome and not trying to start a brand war. They are like any other brand..you like them or you don't. Just preference. Thats why there is so many different brands..different strokes for different folks. You guys must be Democrats with all the switching sides.

I own a 20 foot boat and looked at all the 20 footers. The Tige surely isn't the smallest. Go sit in a Moomba 20V. Its smaller than the Malibu, but 20K cheaper too. The Tige interior has an audience that likes it just like any other brand.

MLO for the record I do own a minivan and it has more space than my Tahoe inside. Also more features for alot less cost. Get way better gas milage too. Is it cool...no, but I'm almost 40 and have outgrown that.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-25-2013, 3:11 PM Reply   
Never sat inside a newer Tige (RZ2, Z3) but from seeing them from the outside looking in at the boat shows the cabin floor space does appear smaller. Could this be maybe from wider seat bottoms? Sacrifing cabin legroom for seating comfort? For 102" beams, they do appear tighter. Wouldn't bother me anyways, full crew for me is 4-5 people max.

Last edited by you_da_man; 03-25-2013 at 3:15 PM.
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       03-25-2013, 4:26 PM Reply   
spend a year or 2 in a DD, then it'll all seem huge
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-25-2013, 5:46 PM Reply   
I usually have a smaller crew 6 or less. So my Tige is fine . I've been in the 22MXZ and the bow space is much larger vs the cabin only being a little smaller than the RZ2. That is what i based my comment on.Everyone will have a different opinion of which manufacturer has the best layout.I chose Tige for overall looks and value for the dollar.
Old     (tigeidaho)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-25-2013, 5:47 PM Reply   
Compared to my first boat, '91 ski nautique, our tige 23v is an aircraft carrier.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-25-2013, 7:19 PM Reply   
I've been in Bruizza's rz2 and have been in a MXZ and I'd say it the Rz2 feels larger. Honestly I think tiges feel bigger inside due to their depth of cabin.