Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (splatman)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-02-2009, 2:13 PM Reply   
Hola! Anybody know if it's still recommended to use slingshot boots with the boards to get maximum flexage? I remember reading something about that awhile back...
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-02-2009, 6:16 PM Reply   
It helps.... the 4-hole SS pattern for mounting is small (width) than the average 6" whatever plate.... so the force of your feet bending the board is at a more direct point, and not spread out....

You can put more pressure on the board with the same force because of the smaller area in the mounting.
Old     (torontothunder)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-02-2009, 6:30 PM Reply   
I tried the Slingshot D3 boots and found them very flexy. Does slingshot have boots that are any stiffer?

Thanks for the help!
Old     (tantrum20)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-02-2009, 7:47 PM Reply   
for sure anything will seem flexy if you're used to Hypelites... I guess the D3 are the stiffest Slingshot bindings...
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-02-2009, 8:04 PM Reply   
yup theres only the d3 and Pb Floyds. However if you can find some of slingshots original Driver boots, that was pretty damn stiff. Should be cheap now too. Not my cup of tea but if you like stiff you might like them.
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-03-2009, 12:39 AM Reply   
yes I ride the reflex with the PB Floyds AMAZING!
Old     (lakemiltonwake08)      Join Date: Oct 2008       04-03-2009, 5:12 AM Reply   
Even though the PBfloyds are supposed to be the least stiff of the Slingshot line, I think that they are still pretty solid. I like the support that they give my ankles, Though I'm coming from the LF vantages which is the complete opposite end of the spectrum.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-03-2009, 6:18 AM Reply   
I have the original Drivers and they are stiff. Really stiff. After a season of use they are just now starting to flex a lil bit. Great boot though. I will probably get the PB's at some point. To give you an idea on stiffness, I really liked the 3ds/ atlas boots from hyperlite.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-03-2009, 6:48 AM Reply   
yep...my driver bindings were really stiff. I ended up modifying mine for a couple reasons. One, they were too stiff. Two, they were a pain to get in and out of, and I simply don't have time to mess around with three cords.

What I did. I carefully cut out the ankle braces at the stitching and unlaced the black cord from the ankle braces for later use. Then i cut off both red cords on each binding and removed handles and cinches. I then took the black cord and laced each binding to where it crosses only a few times in front of my foot. Added the handles and cinches. It cinches more evenly and a lot quicker for having only one cord per binding. It opens way up really quick now. I can still get them really tight if I want. I wanted the PB Floyds but being a full time student with no job put a strain on buying new wakeboard equipment.

Upload