Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (supreme_rob)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-28-2006, 6:27 PM Reply   
I'am ready to start putting the stereo system in my boat and I'am wondering if anyone has put they're amps on a removable mounting board with quick disconnects, or made a false wall hiding the amps, The reason for this question is that I have to keep my boat in my driveway (it wont fit in the garage and someone pulled my cover back and crawled around looking for something to steal. If anyone has pic's please post
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-28-2006, 6:38 PM Reply   
Doubt you'll wanna deal with the hassle of removing the amps everytime you park the boat. That would get old real fast with removing the RCAs, power, etc. I'm looking into getting an alarm with contact sensors at each storage compartment and a proximity sensor, might be the trick for you as well. You could always mount the amps with tamper proof screws which would make it harder to steal, however I've found that some thiefs get frustrated with things like this and decide to just vandalize things instead.
Old     (leykis1o1)      Join Date: May 2005       02-28-2006, 6:45 PM Reply   
if you bolt them down..no theif would hassle with them if he didnt have the right screwdriver and it took forever to remove..maybe screw them down with hex bolts or Star
Old     (leykis1o1)      Join Date: May 2005       02-28-2006, 6:55 PM Reply   
if you bolt them down..no theif would hassle with them if he didnt have the right screwdriver and it took forever to remove..maybe screw them down with hex bolts or Star
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-28-2006, 7:26 PM Reply   
I extended my garage so it would fit. Cost me $500
Upload
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-28-2006, 8:58 PM Reply   
Has anyone looked into a locking setup for our passenger compartments? I would think that if a company came up with a locking passenger compartment conversion they could do quite well.

Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-28-2006, 9:55 PM Reply   
My Toyota has one.
Old     (shocker)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-01-2006, 3:55 AM Reply   
or u could hide the amp some were
Old    moombarider132            03-01-2006, 3:15 PM Reply   
mine locks matt
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-01-2006, 3:29 PM Reply   
the problem with locking compartments and security type fastners are that anyone that really wants the stuff will end up destroying the boat to get at what they want. These may deter some theives but not all. I would rather lose an amp then have a crowbar applied to a lockable compartment. An alarm IMO is your best defense if you cant garage your boat.
Old     (tantrum916)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-03-2006, 8:23 PM Reply   
I am in same situation with boat in the drive way have alot of stereo equipment in it. After a lot of thought and Ideas and more thinking I finally came to this conclution If they really want to steal it they will still it. So I installed the system properly and securly with out fancy quick disconects or locking devices and Issured the hell out of it.........LOL

If they steal it Westmars buying me a better system.

Then I find the little bastards that stole it in the first place and shoot them.J/K

Just make sure that you have proof of the system and its value and have it added to the policy.

(Message edited by tantrum916 on March 03, 2006)