Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-01-2008, 8:42 PM Reply   
As I am leaving the gas station, I had to go up a small incline. Well with a really full tank of gas, it will leak out the vent so I tried to make it as quick as possible to avoid a big loss. As I am going to turn out of the gas station, a guy who thought he was being nice stops to let me leave the gas station. He was about to turn in and where he stopped was enough where I could not make the turn otherwise I would shear off the nose of his car with the trailer. So I am sitting there trying to get him to turn in so I can make my turn, all the while gas is pouring out and he gets mad at me for not leaving the gas station. Oh the irony.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-01-2008, 8:56 PM Reply   
LOL that is funny, people never cease to amaze me. The ones who get to me the most are the ones who stop for a pedestrian walking across the street while they are on a 2 lane highway. So if someone in the other lane is not paying that much atention that the other car in the lane next to them stopped for the pedestrian that you cant see then BAM you just whacked someone crossing the road because ome idiot thought they woud be nice. Does anyone get what I just said?
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       05-01-2008, 9:09 PM Reply   
wonder what he would have happened when the sparks from trailer dragging ignited the leaking gas????
Old     (nvboarder)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-01-2008, 9:42 PM Reply   
On a side note if you install the RACOR LG50 on the vent line you wouldn't lose any fuel on hills or sharp turns when the boat is full. I don't know why the manufactures don't just install them at the factory.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-01-2008, 9:47 PM Reply   
Boat... Leak... Gas???? OOOOWWAAAAA?? It just leaks out the side?
Old     (ncsuuh)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-02-2008, 4:14 AM Reply   
This is new to me as well. What is this leaking from the vent non-sense?
Old     (pureblue)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-02-2008, 5:00 AM Reply   
Our 90's prostar does that also. It just leaks out the vent in the back. We just stop short of completely full to cut down on leakage.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-02-2008, 8:23 AM Reply   
There are float valves to install in the vent line that help prevent fuel loss. Sorry, I don't have a link.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-02-2008, 9:00 AM Reply   
Yeah its rare but it happens. I didn't even top off the tank.

Tim B... thanks for the fix on that. I might have to go that route.
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       05-02-2008, 9:05 AM Reply   
happens on my '06 too...totally sucks. Even with the regulator I can't fill up all the way because the fill is on the back of the gas tank. The boat is always pointed slightly up on our lift setup. I can do slightly above 3/4 before it comes out the fill line. ANNOYING
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-02-2008, 9:50 AM Reply   
I have a story about a stupid GUY on the road.
Last year i was pulling my boat on the highway and it was in a high traffic time, from nowhere a guy arrive fast and cut dirrectly in front of me and brake hard trying to change lane again !!!

OMG i hit the brake because i was running straigh in his trunk, and i started to loose the boat i saw my boat in my dead angle totally blocking the highway at 65 MPH, smoke under the tires and everything, i was sure i was about to loose the boat and cause i high accident, but as soon as it was ok i release the brake and accelerate a bit, the boat replace and my i was 5 seconds away from a hearthattack. After that everybody was showing me thumbs up in their car for that PRO recovery !! HAHAHA what a story, and dont forget never CUT HARD someone that is pulling a boat on the highway !
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-02-2008, 10:02 AM Reply   
english please
Old     (richnnorcal)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-02-2008, 11:37 AM Reply   
go easy on Radikal, he's from Canada, probably speaks 3 languages.. french, english and canadian.
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-02-2008, 12:04 PM Reply   
lol youre right i try to do my best my primary language is french and i try to do my best to speak english. But to correct you Ricchie i speak 4 languages : french, english, canadian and spannish héhé !

Try to beat that colorado, explain yourself in french now
Old     (richnnorcal)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-02-2008, 12:14 PM Reply   
youuuu Amerikannn... I think dats the way the french say it!
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-02-2008, 12:54 PM Reply   
I made perfect sense of it Radikal. It's amazing how much of a better driver you become when you know what its like to tow a trailer.
Old     (azsufer)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-02-2008, 1:01 PM Reply   
RadikaL

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT???!!!!