Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (chikara22)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-04-2007, 5:57 PM Reply   
I have been having some trouble lately with my PP. I will set it then it will get up to speed, engage, then slow down, then accelerate up to speed again when I have a lot of weight (2400# in ballast and more than 3 people in the boat, 1 in the water) and am using the wakeplate at maximum setting. Isn't there a setting I can change that will make this go away? No problem with a small crew, but if I add anymore than 2 people in the boat, I have problems. Any suggestions or should I bring it in to the dealer? I have had to have my unit switched out twice already. This is supposedly the new version of PP that has the Moomba logo come up on the display when you turn it on (strange, being that is on a Supra!) and does not have a water temp gauge in the sending unit. Any help would be appreciated.
Old     (atx_supra_ssv)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-04-2007, 9:59 PM Reply   
That sounds a bit odd. My 07 Supra with PP doesn't say Moomba, and I would be alarmed if it did. I would definitely take it to the dealer.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-05-2007, 2:41 AM Reply   
That is strange if it says Moomba on the gauge. Also, I have the same year/model and it supposed to have the new DBW system installed when built. When I took delivery, it didn't. It just went back to the shop for the upgraded full warranty DBW. Mine would do the same as yours with less weight. If you look in the engine compartment on the front of the motor(rear of the boat) and see an actuator with a cable and knob attached by a hose clamp towards the top, you have the older PP system.
Old     (wakebdr2002)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-05-2007, 5:37 AM Reply   
Randy is right - if you have the old perfect pass system get the new DBW. Mine was covered under warranty and works flawlessly. Make sure to adjust the settings on the new DBW. Mine are KDW-200; NN-100; CS-835.
Old     (chikara22)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-05-2007, 7:49 AM Reply   
Thanks guys. I will check it out and report back.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-05-2007, 8:00 AM Reply   
First thing is make sure you have a low pitch prop (wakeboard prop from Supra). Then change your KDW to 260 and the NN to 70 or so. If those changes don't help, there might be something wrong with the installation of the PP.
Old     (chikara22)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-05-2007, 8:54 AM Reply   
i have the WB prop. I will try those settings also.