Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (elcarteros)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-17-2005, 8:14 PM Reply   
I've started doing backrolls. every time I end up landing switch. I've tried letting go with my rear hand but always end up landing switch. Why? Not that it's bad or anything, but just want to land regular.}
Old    bmanİ            06-18-2005, 6:36 PM Reply   
concentrate on keeping the handle in front of your front hip
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-19-2005, 10:03 AM Reply   
Don't let go with your back hand. Pull the rope to your left hip if you're normal footed or go to the other hip for goofy. Get a good pop first then throw your shoulder to the right, keeping your head turned left to get a bead on the landing - HOLD ONTO THE ROPE WITH BOTH HANDS OR you'll get pulled out of position. The pop off the wake is the most important part of the move. if you do that right the trick with throw you.
Old     (elcarteros)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-25-2005, 11:23 AM Reply   
thanks, I'll keep tryin. Do I want to ride straight up the wake (parrellel to the boat) or cut slightly towards the boat or slightly away from the boat? I feel Im so close. I usually land on my feet but slip out.
Thanks Again
P-Town Rider, Wet Wedneday Player

Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-14-2005, 9:29 PM Reply   
I think Will nailed it with holding the rope with both hands. When you let go with your back hand the boat starts to pull you into switch stance (revert?) I was doing the same thing when some buddies pointed that out. If your landing on your feet just keep doin what you're doing. Practice.
Old                07-15-2005, 9:00 AM Reply   
You are probably not getting big enough and are maybe throwing the rotation. Make sure you have a good progressive edge and that you let the cut/jump/rope pull you into the rotation. Don't pitch it around and don't put alot of effort into the rotation. If you edge correctly and start you rotation the right way you will have more time to spot/land and more time to pull the rope to your hips as everyone has already mentioned.