Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakenwake)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-01-2010, 3:41 PM Reply   
does anyone know a little more than me about these guys. http://www.sinewakeboards.com/. I just found their boards. Im lookin at getting a new board (my current setup is a ronix one with hyperlite murray bindings). and their stuff looks pretty nice. I like their custom board setup deal and the flex technology in the boards sounds awesome, for I havent rode a board with flex in it! But just looking for some opionions of guys who have tried/rode this board. Im looking for a board that has comparable pop to the ronix one, but not so abrupt landings in the flats, The one kills my knees when I take it out in the flats. Any imput would be appreciated.
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-01-2010, 4:47 PM Reply   
i love coincidental join dates and first posts.

sorry to not be of any useful help... I haven't tried a sine yet.
Old     (bobenglish)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-01-2010, 5:54 PM Reply   
I love my Sine. I rode mostly LF boards, particularly the original Watson, the Lyman, and the Witness. I now ride my Sine almost all the time.

Sorry, I have never ridden a Ronix one. For a comparison, the Sine rides closest to my Watson, but looser. Not as fast as my Lyman. I will say it took me quite awhile to learn to ride it.

I prefer it because it is markedly lighter than my LF boards, and lands exceptionally soft. While it is a flex board, I think its soft landings are more related its huge center spine. My knees and back are significantly less sore after riding the Sine for a day than they are after riding my Lyman or Watson.
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       06-01-2010, 11:57 PM Reply   
I have ridden the Sine board quite a bit. You should definitely check it out. It has great pop and lands incredibly soft. That is probably the best thing about it. It has a big spine and the flex so the landings are great. Not the fastest board out there but not the slowest either.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-02-2010, 12:10 AM Reply   
Never ridden one but that custom deal for 99 bucks looks so sick...
Old     (tommmyd)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-03-2010, 12:07 AM Reply   
I switched from the One to the Sine. Still rock the One bindings. It was drastically different to the point I could barely ride it at first, 2 or 3 rides and you should have it dialed when switching to flex. Way lighter than the One, a less abrupt pop but very snappy. Super loose with only having molded flex fins, but when you set your edge it's locked in and can carve so good. The combination of the spine and the flex makes the landings softer than anything else I've ridden. (One, Lyman, Covin, Watson, Slingshot, response/reflex, Decade)
I would bet that if you tried the demo program, you wouldn't be returning it.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-03-2010, 7:20 AM Reply   
Sine makes the softest landing board, hands down. I would challenge anyone who has ridden one to disagree.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-03-2010, 8:01 AM Reply   
$500! good demo program, but $500!
Old     (wakenwake)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-03-2010, 4:25 PM Reply   
you think it would be worth it to go with the custom board they make? It sounds good and all just not sure, I also need some new bindings im thinking the hyperlite audios or the ronix relik boots, I have both ronix and hyperlite bindings, but I am leaning toward the audios, I love the boa system. What you guys think is a better boot company, boards aside
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-03-2010, 6:22 PM Reply   
worst $500 i ever spent
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-03-2010, 6:25 PM Reply   
if you like hitting rails, don't think about buying one. The spine is HUGE and makes for quite the challenge on some rail hits leaving you hitting the rail lol. The landings are very soft IF YOU LAND CORRECTLY, or if you land tail heavy but if you accidently land flat, the combination of flex and stiff centers all of the pressure right to your knees. Put me out of the water for 3 months