Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (bullit)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-26-2008, 10:13 AM Reply   
You have talked about this boat a lot so now is your chance to see it in person!! David Telling will also be there from Friday evening to Sunday so come down and have a look. Booth 200 on the concourse.

Upload
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-26-2008, 3:10 PM Reply   
What are the dates of the show? Is it on for next weekend?
Old     (ryan11)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-26-2008, 6:06 PM Reply   
nice boat
Old     (bullit)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-27-2008, 2:42 AM Reply   
The show is February 6-10, BC place stadium
Old     (millerda31)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-27-2008, 12:54 PM Reply   
MB just called....they would like their tribal graphics back.
Old     (flyspec14)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-27-2008, 1:17 PM Reply   
No kidding, MB looked better though
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-27-2008, 1:18 PM Reply   
Correction... I don't think WakeCraft got that graphic from MB. They got the idea from Dave's (millerda31) arm band tattoo!
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-27-2008, 2:40 PM Reply   
Not a big fan of flames on any boat but since you decide what the gel scheme looks like, to each their own.
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-27-2008, 4:58 PM Reply   
i'm pretty sure that flame graphics have been used on boats long before MB did on theirs.

oh and by the way ....hey MB , Mastercraft called , they want their 85 stars and stripes back.
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-27-2008, 5:10 PM Reply   
lol!
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-27-2008, 5:12 PM Reply   
Hey Rod are going to be around on the 17th?
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-27-2008, 5:37 PM Reply   
...Malibu called and they want their tower, playpen, and windshield design back; Centurion called and they want their Sideswipe back; Supra called and wanted their seating/walkthrough back; I'm mean really, don't start the bashing of other companies when you've 'borrowed' from so many.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-27-2008, 5:50 PM Reply   
Every time a person posts on this discussion board they are building their reputation. Those who bash a particular brand, product, person, etc. on a consistent basis with obvious malice, are only hurting their own credibility and that of the brand, product, person, etc. they "represent."

Rather than getting in a pissing match with such people and putting yourself in the same category, take the higher ground and contribute content to the discussion board which actually helps other members. Brand wars help nobody and make those involved look like insecure haters.

As you were...
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-27-2008, 6:24 PM Reply   
Sinco? Who was bashing? A smart a@@ remark about the flames....and were off. But how dare anyone have a come back right. Give it a break.

Hey Bullit how many boats are you going to have up there at the show?
Old     (bullit)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-27-2008, 7:23 PM Reply   
Space is very limited so we only got room for one. Vancouver is a very tough show to get into. It will not be the tribal version I was going to post pics of the boat but decided that if you want to see it you will have to drop by the booth. Hey wakeworld.com should be named boatbashing.com! HAHA wait thats a great idea for someone!
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-27-2008, 7:42 PM Reply   
hey david is that your new "catch all" hater phrase, i like it. you should just email it to each hater everytime they unloaded some worthless comment as seen above.

i still wish you guys would try a titan 3 tower just for giggles, i have been throwing that comment in every wakecraft thread. it would look sick, imo
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-27-2008, 8:08 PM Reply   
You can now. The ZR Wake comes with a different SS tube tower. I'm sure that if you still wanted a different tower like the one you mentioned they probably would.

Hey Bullit that's a brilliant idea!
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-27-2008, 8:24 PM Reply   
i have a new tower being designed and built as we speak that will be an available option. i will have a boat with it at the Sac Boat Show.

Bullit i'll see you in a few weeks...
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-27-2008, 8:29 PM Reply   
Haha... I love when someone used the word "steal" an idea etc.

So what it comes down to... is if manufacturers of anything in this world cant use developments from other companies, we will never see anything close to "all" of the things we want in that one item.

So if you want a boat with a tower... you will be stuck with a Nautique.

If you want a boat with ballast, I am sure it will be some type of racing yacht.

If you want a boat with a trim tab... then you will have to look at a big cabin cruiser.

Who was the first manufacturer to have a motor in a boat?

Damn.. the nerve of these manufacturers... stealing ideas like using a motor and a prop to propel their boat forward!

Can every manufacturer just use what they invested and stop using every one else's ideas.

So who came up with fiberglass first? What will everyone else use if only the first fiberglass user can use it?

To correct Sinko...

A lot of boat manufacturers have to use similar windshields because the manufacturers only builds so many types... they wont just keep building for every single type of boat.

As for the WakeCraft tower design... It is nothing like a Malibu. it has everything integrated into the tower. Doesn't have the same shape, slope, angle or anything.

Yes they did steal some ideas... YES they are using vinyl in their interior (Leather was just too impratical). YES they are using a motor that runs on gas (Hydrogen was just too expensive). YES it has a prop at the back of the boat (The flipper kicking thing just didn't work). YES it uses water for ballast (Environmentalists didn't like the liquid cement being discharged into their lakes). YES it has a glass windshield (Lexan scratched too much). YES it is a bowrider (The tower mounted theatre seating made the boat too unstable). YES it has sideswipe exhaust (The 10 foot exhaust stacks were illegal in a lot of jurisdictions). YES they have guages that resemble alot of other boats (The half moon cut out glued to a popsicle stick just wasnt accurate enough). YES it has PerfectPass like most other boats (The PWT driver was not able to accompany every WakeCraft that is sold).

So yes SINKO is right. Everything is copied.

I sure hope he doesn't destroy the entire industry when he uncovers that every body uses ideas from other manufacturers and then tries to build and learn from that...

If they do... then all we will see is BU's everywhere. They will be the only company around because they don't copy anyone!!!

Shhh... don't let this get out! It will be the end of competition in the Wakeboard Boat Industry!!!
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-27-2008, 9:18 PM Reply   
My thoughts exactly Hamkj. It gets old after a year or two.
Old     (bullit)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-27-2008, 9:23 PM Reply   
Hey Bryan (westsiderippa) I am not David but the Canadian rep for Wakecraft. We are out of Abbotsford, BC, Canada. I like your idea about the tower!! HeHateME your posts are a blast to read, a natural smart ass, gotta love it!!!!!
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-28-2008, 8:12 AM Reply   
Just trying to keep people honest, I have no problem with Wakecraft boats or their design, but don't start to call out other boat companies (MB and MC) for their ripoffs when it's obvious that you're doing the same thing with your company.

Plus, I never said Wakecraft stole anything, I just wanted point out that they simply borrowed from everyone else.

Can't we all just get along!
Upload
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-28-2008, 11:11 AM Reply   
Of course there are similarities. They all can only reinvent the boat design so many times. Hehateme said it right. It would be like me saying I have a windshield on my boat so your not allowed. F### people get over it.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-28-2008, 11:47 AM Reply   
I swear I was the first person ever to use carpet in a boat...

CAN EVERYONE STOP COPYING ME.. Please remove your carpet EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY.

HAHAHAHAHA
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-28-2008, 1:56 PM Reply   
Rod Im interested to see how it turns out. Will it be installed a the factory or up north?
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-28-2008, 1:56 PM Reply   
here................