Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       09-21-2012, 8:35 AM Reply   
Most of you on the west coast have had trader joes for ever…we just got one near downtown in Houston. I’ve had some of their stuff in the past…all delicious…..
I love taking their brown rice tortillas and making chips out of them ( under the broiler).
What are the must have’s I need to be eating from here?
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       09-21-2012, 8:41 AM Reply   
Is the BEST!!!! Thats where I do 75% of my shopping, the other 25% is whole foods.
There's soo many things at Trader Joes, I can list. Just walk down all the isle's and try everything!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-21-2012, 9:20 AM Reply   
For a quick healthy snack I like their Just chicken. It is cooked, sliced chicken breast and is cheaper than anything in a normal store. a pound of ready to eat good chicken for $5. Their cereals are good. Their trail mixes are awesome. They have a ton of good frozen stuff that appears to be a little healthier than most freezer dinners. Pork potstickers, butter chicken, enchiladas, orage chicken, microwavable brown rice, etc.. So much good stuff.

I can't bring myself to shop at Whole paycheck. IT is so effing expensive. I made a salad there once and it was like 12-15 bucks and wasn't that crazy of a salad. I can go into a restaraunt and buy a ridiculous salad for the same price but have someone serve it to me for the same price or cheaper. On the other hand their cakes are ridiculously good although I think price varies depending on the store. So fricken good.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-21-2012, 10:00 AM Reply   
THAT PLACES IS AWESOME. The frozen mac n cheese is killer, frozen rolled tacos are awesome, they have some bomb banana yogurt, gotta get the MOCHI ICECREAM!! so good. All the frozen stuff they sell is pretty good, I live off of it in college haha.
Old     (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-21-2012, 10:29 AM Reply   
Cookie Cream!
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       09-21-2012, 10:29 AM Reply   
sweedish turkey meatballs, orange chicken, bbq chicken & broccolli, breaded chicken, mac n cheese balls, etc, etc, etc...
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-21-2012, 11:20 AM Reply   
Pretzels filled with peanut butter.

#whyImfat
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-21-2012, 11:22 AM Reply   
Its easier to say what they do that isn't good... wait thats not easy either... I can't think of anything. No wait 2 buck chuck isn't any good anymore. The rest is excellent.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-21-2012, 11:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post
Pretzels filled with peanut butter.

#whyImfat
Those are good and they wouldn't be a bad for you snack if it was possible to not eat the entire bag. Haha.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-21-2012, 1:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
Those are good and they wouldn't be a bad for you snack if it was possible to not eat the entire bag. Haha.
absolutely impossible.
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-23-2012, 6:42 AM Reply   
I heard there was a peanut butter recall yesterday. Check your pantry.

http://www.examiner.com/article/trad...lmonella-scare
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-24-2012, 7:33 PM Reply   
not too many bad tasting things at TJ's.
my weekly must have pick ups though are the following:
De Mi Abuela Corn and Wheat tortillas, Pumpernickel pretzels, Parmasen/Gouda mixed cheese, honey nut o's, and the soft granola bars, any flavor will do.
their cheese selection is actually really good, if you are into cheeses. they carry Hoegarden beer now too, which is nice. their wine selection is a little overated in my opinion, but overall, it is the best grocery store in my area.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-24-2012, 11:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrigo View Post
not too many bad tasting things at TJ's.
my weekly must have pick ups though are the following:
De Mi Abuela Corn and Wheat tortillas, Pumpernickel pretzels, Parmasen/Gouda mixed cheese, honey nut o's, and the soft granola bars, any flavor will do.
their cheese selection is actually really good, if you are into cheeses. they carry Hoegarden beer now too, which is nice. their wine selection is a little overated in my opinion, but overall, it is the best grocery store in my area.
+1 for those tortillas, I forget which ones I get...but there the flower ones in the clear bag with red writing are kick ass. Also, pretty kickass prices on cliff bars.

Had some froze orange chicken for dinner tonight