Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-04-2014, 4:42 PM Reply   
My wife & I won the $2500 Pimp My Tige raffle at the Midwest Tige Reunion a few weeks ago. We're still trying to decide what to order. Kids are still little so we do a lot of swimming & just started getting them into surfing. Let the loaded questions begin...

1. Amp & tower speakers are first on the list. I'm leaning towards taking off the current WetSounds Pro60's & replacing with a pair of Icon 8's. Amp suggestions? Currently have a Kicker M450.2. Would an SD2 be too much of an amp to pair with them? I'd rather go overkill & back it down than wish for more.

2. Also considering changing the ballast to something larger. I think the 712 Enzo is the right bag? Then change out the pumps.

3. I'm also in the process of putting together lighting, but will likely do that outside of the gift card since it's relatively inexpensive compared to everything else. I have the 5050 RGB LED's & wire, but looking at controllers still & trying to find something strong & programmable.

List will grow I'm sure because we all know upgrades are addicting. I'm just thankful weekend life has slowed down enough to enjoy it, for me anyway. Mrs broke her foot on Sunday, Surfing! Don't ask, we can't figure it out either.

Thanks for the help & suggestions!
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-04-2014, 5:08 PM Reply   
My vote is to go with ballast.... wetsounds pro60's are pretty solid anyways....
Old     (cedarcreek216V)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-04-2014, 5:57 PM Reply   
Agree, go with stuff you don't have instead of upgrading things you already have . $2500 will go fast.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-04-2014, 6:49 PM Reply   
Do you have to order Tige items or is it thru like a gift card thru a dealer. If its from Tige 90% of the items you are talking about aren't going to be an option. They only have items they would regularly install on a current model boat.
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       09-05-2014, 4:11 AM Reply   
Yo dawg! I'd have Ish redo the interior with some gold vinyl and have Xzibit put aquariums it yo' boat so you can watch fish while you boat!
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-05-2014, 8:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman74 View Post
Do you have to order Tige items or is it thru like a gift card thru a dealer. If its from Tige 90% of the items you are talking about aren't going to be an option. They only have items they would regularly install on a current model boat.

It's a tige gift card, but I'm assuming it's anything that is/has/could be an option via tige. They've already got prices to me on the mentioned items.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-05-2014, 1:18 PM Reply   
if you want to sell the pro 60's PM me
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-05-2014, 5:17 PM Reply   
They priced you for Icon8's? They don't offer them as an option in any of their boats and don't stock them???? Sure it wasn't REV8's?
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-05-2014, 7:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman74 View Post
They priced you for Icon8's? They don't offer them as an option in any of their boats and don't stock them???? Sure it wasn't REV8's?

I received pricing on the Icon 8, both Rev's, & the SD2.
Old     (kimper)      Join Date: May 2008       09-06-2014, 7:15 PM Reply   
Go Icons if primarily surfing.. Rev's if primarily wakeboarding..
But $2500.. That's not going to go very far,,
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-06-2014, 8:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimper View Post
Go Icons if primarily surfing.. Rev's if primarily wakeboarding..

But $2500.. That's not going to go very far,,

That's what I was thinking too on the speakers. I figured I can go with a pair of icons, an SD2, a W721 Enzo bag & hit a little less than the $2500 mark. Any wire, fittings, etc... will likely come out of pocket from selling the Kicker amp & the pro60's. Any way I look at it though, it's still a pretty cool opportunity & fun to do a little extra that I wouldn't have otherwise done.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-07-2014, 7:05 AM Reply   
Save yourself $500 and go with the Syn-2 for the Icons. The SD-2 is too much for Icons, unless you are running 4 pair.

Or go with an SD-4 and get a pair of XS-808 and put them on the other 2 chnls.
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-23-2014, 5:43 PM Reply   
It's raining out right now so I can't check, but does anyone know what fittings I'll need changing from the factory piggyback setup to the Enzo? For now I'm going to stay with the same pumps. I'm sure I'll need to do the vent crossovers at this time though.

Order as follows:
WS420BT, Icon8's, Syn2, & Enzo sac. $420 to spare. Need wiring, sac fittings, hose, anything else? Big spinning "flag pole" to take place of the little ski pylon on the back seat!?
Old     (rockballer)      Join Date: Jun 2014       10-28-2014, 6:13 AM Reply   
2500... I would go to mexico and get wife set of new boobs
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-28-2014, 12:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockballer View Post
2500... I would go to mexico and get wife set of new boobs

Hahahaha if that were only an option...
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-28-2014, 1:06 PM Reply   
I sent over the order list today with a few minor adjustments. WetSounds WS-420SQ,
WetSounds WW-BT-VC Bluetooth Control (Stronger BT signal than WS420BT),
WetSounds Signal Kit Port Side 2CH 7M,
WetSounds Universal Billet Under Dash Mount ,
WetSounds Syn2 amp,
WetSounds Icon8's,
FlyHigh Enzo Sac (port side), & some misc FlyHigh fittings. Set me a little short of the $2500 gift certificate but I'll be over once adding in taxes & shipping. EXCITED!!!