Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-09-2007, 9:48 AM Reply   
Slingshot gear is now represented on the reviews. Now you all can post your reviews (I did) and read others'

p.s. hyperlite boards too

p.s.s. thanxs Dave
Old     (jermiside)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-09-2007, 10:07 AM Reply   
Flexnwake has ruined it for me. He comes off as if Slingshot invented wakeboarding. Like nothing worked before a KITE BOARDING company needed to grow and pushed into wakeboarding.

If I want a flex board Im buying a LIQUID FORCE!
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-09-2007, 10:25 AM Reply   
Jerm, you have to realize that SLINGSHOT IS THE BEST EVER!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-09-2007, 1:51 PM Reply   
Jerm~
i dont want to sound too much like a parent or teacher or some other seemingly talking-down-to you kind of person, but WHO? may i ask, has control over how you think? flexnwake? I doubt not, unless you ALLOW him or anyone else to control you... sure i realize that anyone or anything can have an influence, i'm not rejecting the power of influences, but influence is not the same as force nonetheless.

If you like liquid force, great! but don't surrender your power to choose.

maybe this analogy will make better sense:
it all reminds me of people who practically have a tradition of going to a certain restaurant but decide to never go back because of one little unintentional mishap, judging the entirety of the place by one speck of time in space.

if i get a chance i will try the liquid force model to see how it stands up to slingshots innovation, but you probably wont try a slingshot given the chance... or so i presume...
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-09-2007, 2:16 PM Reply   
ive ridden just about every board and after one ride on a slingshot i will never go back, i honestly dont see why anyone would! bottom line the boards work and are amazing!

its the first wakeboard ive rode that did everything i wanted it too, its fast, it pops like crazy, it tracks well but is still easy to break loose, with most board you sacrifice some things for other things but not with slingshot!

(Message edited by entrustclothing on November 09, 2007)
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-09-2007, 3:35 PM Reply   
I thought the board was very average(response model),it was very tight on the water and my CWB abs platty popped better and landed softer and bindings were too stiff and too hard to get on and off basically never would buy those models ,ever!

also way over priced by having to buy the set all at once really turned me off to it..i would have like to give the board another shot with my own personal bindings which would have made me stay on it longer and give a real go...
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-09-2007, 4:12 PM Reply   
since the 2008 models have the addition of the standard binding mounting configuration, you might want to resume that second shot... 'case you didn't know about it...
Old     (flexnwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-09-2007, 4:28 PM Reply   
jermiside'

If i ruined it for you than that's just sad.

When have i ever "sold or told" the story of Slingshot in your face.

I have recommended, added info, and posts some pictures of our goods. To say i or Slingshot invented wakeboarding is just a bunch of bull.

Its all right that you represent LF but i don't care.

Slingshot
Old    K.B.C.            11-10-2007, 7:16 AM Reply   
flexnwake, how bout a WW discount for all members that want an 08 setup? hook it up brotha!
Old     (flexnwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-10-2007, 9:40 AM Reply   
brotha i wish i could. Discounts for everyone!
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-10-2007, 9:59 AM Reply   
How does a slingshot flex compare to a Roam? I'm sure it tracks better than my Roam which probably leads to the way better pop, but the big deal with Slingshot seems to be the flex. Is it comparable?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-10-2007, 10:22 AM Reply   
Seems that anyone who has tried the '08 gear has only riden or talked about the PB FLOYD... Any comments/ experiences with the D2??? I'm hopin' my nearby store will have some so i can get my personal opinion, early, but i'd still like to hear from someone

Ben~

What i hear is that the roam has a flex of a wet noodle with less elastic ability, but the slingshot is more of a spring so it gives you more air if you laod it properly and then the flex more than compensates for the impact of the insane air you can get.
Old     (kennwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-12-2007, 4:04 PM Reply   
stiff boards are lame,
molded fins chip,
get on a slingshot,
and F***ing Rip!!!
Old     (eliotflydog)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-12-2007, 6:09 PM Reply   
would the 138 recoil be a good size for me
im 5'10" 155lbs
Old     (shaggystud06)      Join Date: Feb 2007       11-13-2007, 11:41 AM Reply   
jeff

my suggestion would be to demo the different sizes

I have the 07 138 recoil and im 6' 185lbs however my buddy is 6' 140lbs and rids the same size. I have heard the bigger the board, the more flex you get which leads to more pop. However the 142 seemed to big on me so I stuck with the 138. Its all about your style and how you like it.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-13-2007, 11:53 AM Reply   
test the two sizes if you can, especially if your weight is close to the line where the two sizes of boards make transition. If you cant test both sizes, then it is probably better to go with the size that your most accustomed to.

I got stuck demoing a larger size the 2nd or third time i demoed and found i liked it more... that is how i personally found out (f.y.i. i have tried traditionaly stiffer boards in larger sizes in the past too, and never had good experiences... slingshot is definately a whole new ball-game... or wake-game" in this aspect and more)