Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Old     (gotboost)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-17-2007, 9:56 AM Reply   
I am going to be purchasing a new boat in the next few months and have a millions questions. This will be the first boat I have ever owned so I want to do a lot of research before I make a final decision. I would appreciate anybodys insight on any of the questions I list below.

1. I am going to buy a Malibu VRide, Mastercraft X1, or Tige' 20V. The Malibu and MC dealers are over 200 miles away but the Tige' dealer is local. I am currently leaning toward the Tige' for that reason unless the Malibu or MC are a better boat for the money. I am a beginner at wakeboarding but I have snowboarded my entire life and have no problem learning flips and spins so I want a wake that I will not outgrow in a year. Also resell value is a factor because when I am ready to upgrade boats I want to get as much $$$ as possible.

2. Best time to buy? I have a friend that told me to wait until the boat show in February and just order the 2008 model boat I want. Is this logical, and do they offer more of a discount at the boat shows or special financing offers?

3. Price? What price range will I be looking at for the boats mentioned above. Is there any websites that allow you to spec out these boats with options and actually give you the MSRP price? How much of a discount off MSRP do you typically get on a new boat.

Sorry for the long post, but I appreciate any feedback any of you can give me.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-17-2007, 10:02 AM Reply   
DEMO all of those boats before you make you're decision. All of those boats listed are great boats.

Best time to buy is when you find a good deal.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-17-2007, 10:54 AM Reply   
all those boats are great boats. something else that you might want to look at besides just how well you like the boat is the dealer that you would be buying from. your boats only as good as the dealer. if you got one of the boats that was 200 miles away and the dealer wasn't worth a its just giong to be a bad experince everytime you hvae to drive there for service. if you buy from the local tige dealer and he's a real good with customer service then its going to be a good experence when you take it in for service. i know at my parents dealership a tige 20v goes for around 43 but thats not with ballast or tower speakers but the price may be different at your dealer. which ever boat you buy treat that dealer good. try not to complain about much. the better you treat the dealer the better they will treat you. at my parents dealership we reward good customers with little supprises like if they bring the boat in for a general service we'll tell them once a couple of years that its on us, you've been a good customer and haven't complained about anything thanks a lot. and it keeps a good relationship between us and the customer.
Old     (fuller313)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-17-2007, 11:09 AM Reply   
I would say that if the tige dealership is a good dealership I would run with them. All the boats are great boats but, no need to travel 200 miles if you don't have to when gas is big bucks.
Old     (pessy)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-17-2007, 11:44 AM Reply   
Is there a Correct Craft dealership there?