Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (kkong72)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-22-2010, 9:03 PM Reply   
Hey guys, as most of you know bro stock has been moved to Arkansas this year. Because of this being much closer to where I live, compared to going out to lake Powell, my friends and me are in the works of planning a road trip to bro stock this summer.

The purpose of this thread is to help gather some info from you guys that have been to bro stock before and some locals in Arkansas that can help out. Also hopefully this thread can help some other guys out there planning on going as well.

As of right now my biggest problem is finding a houseboat. I did some very quick research the other day looking for marines on Bull Shoals that rent houseboats and I wasn't able to find a whole lot. Can any locals help me out with this, or anyone that has any info on this? There is going to be about 10 or so of us, so we're looking to rent a pretty good-sized houseboat.

That's really all I have for now, I'm sure I'll have more in the weeks to come as we do more planning. If anyone has anything to contribute or if you have any questions of your own feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Nick
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       03-22-2010, 9:13 PM Reply   
Oh damn its in AR this year!!!! First i heard of that! Im in..... now to find a crew...

Sorry I dont know much about the houseboat situation up at Bull Shoals....
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-23-2010, 7:58 AM Reply   
I'm interested in some information on the BROstock site as well. There's only so much googling i can do about randomly searching the Bull Shoals area. I am planning on taking an RV though and bringing my boat. Where are the best RV spots compared to boat launches. I dont mean to hijack but just looking for any local information compared to the websites im finding. Thanks and cant wait to experience this Brofest of all BROs!!!
Old     (onthewatermo)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-23-2010, 8:13 AM Reply   
http://www.bullshoalslakeboatdock.co...html#Houseboat
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       03-23-2010, 9:59 AM Reply   
Does anybody know the dates? or have they been finalized yet?
Old     (watersun)      Join Date: Jun 2009       03-23-2010, 11:43 AM Reply   
I've heard this isn't set in stone yet, so I wouldn't go booking anything until it's finalized.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-23-2010, 11:48 AM Reply   
Bring lot's of BRO Sodas.
Old     (ILrider)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-23-2010, 12:41 PM Reply   
The location isn't for sure yet but the dates are definitely July 9,10,11, and 12. Everything I've read and heard says that Brostock will be on Bull Sholls Lake but it's not 100% confirmed anywhere yet.
Old     (carsonco)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-23-2010, 3:04 PM Reply   
Its my understanding that Bull Shoals is where LF wants to have the event but they are waiting on the permits. Obviously until the permits are issued and LF announces it (which they haven't) its still up in the air as to where it will be.

That being said my fingers are crossed for Bull Shoals!!!! the link above to Bull Shoals Boat Dock is the place to check out for houseboats, if they have any left for that weekend.
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-23-2010, 9:07 PM Reply   
Anybody got room for one more. I can bring food and beverages. There should be a lot of smooth water. I might be able to bring my loaded xstar for some riding. Takers?
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       03-25-2010, 8:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by steezyshots View Post
Bring lot's of BRO Sodas.
Besides Brosodas, can i bring BroJulio and BroGoose?

3 hour drive..... I might just have to bring the Bu.....
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-25-2010, 10:48 AM Reply   
Mark, seeing you're from KC, you might know Chance from KCW. Think we're heading down, but with eeverythign still up in the air, we are too!
Old     (bradlayinlow)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-04-2010, 3:16 PM Reply   
im excited if it comes to bull shoals lake thats real close to home and i think it would be great. im sure the first year at lake powell want the best. its just like anything else it will take a little bit to get the word out and more people coming with the houseboats. im sure lake powell had to buy few more house boats for brostock cause it just kept getting bigger and bigger. but has anyone else heard anything about this being a for sure thing yet. and i think they need to have these events all over the US. i know they have quiet a few of them now but there are some good spots out there that alot of people dont know. like there is another lake about 30 to 45 mins from bull shoals called lake norfork and there are some in mid arkansas and also in missouri. but im stoked about them even talking about it coming here and if they do caount me and my crew in.
Old     (dmiller)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-23-2010, 9:46 AM Reply   
some info on brostock2010 check out this site
http://bullshoalslakeboatdock.webs.com/
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-25-2010, 5:56 AM Reply   
Anybody going from DFW area? Maybe get a convoy going. I am ready to get wierd.