Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (62lincoln)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-10-2010, 5:00 PM Reply   
Hey everyone

I wanted to share this with you because im pretty stoked i landed it. I have been practicing this trick for about three months and today was the day that i did a legit one. I had a few friends out there along with my lady and daughter. stay tuned for more tricks !

thanks for all your support

Ricky G.

Upload
Old    benj_t            02-10-2010, 5:07 PM Reply   
time for a backflip man!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-10-2010, 5:33 PM Reply   
Right on, man. We should get out on the bikes sometime soon. We'll be down past your hood at Jawbone this weekend, with Al and the whole crew.
Old     (splatman)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-10-2010, 5:35 PM Reply   
sick dude!!
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-10-2010, 6:01 PM Reply   
Be very careful!
Old     (spearing)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-10-2010, 6:16 PM Reply   
very cool.
Old     (nar722)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-10-2010, 11:08 PM Reply   
Rickey G. Way to go! Guess you were born to fly over land and water. What other tricks are in your bag? nac nac? hugs whips? post up some pics
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-11-2010, 7:33 AM Reply   
Nice work. I've been watching your progress on facebook.

I think I heard that you can back flip a bmx bike, true?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-11-2010, 7:41 AM Reply   
BTW....have you taken any hard falls? A few weeks after you claimed your 100 footer, I cleared a 92 footer at the track. I'm feeling pretty accomplished for that, but I feel like my time is coming for an ego check.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-11-2010, 7:59 AM Reply   
Wrong forum.

Just kidding! Nice work man.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-11-2010, 10:48 PM Reply   
Ricky- it looks like your wearing a leat neck brace. If you are your a smart man. I saw one save a friend of mine from breaking his neck a couple months back. the piece that runs down the back broke a couple of his upper back ribs but better than a broken neck.

Don't know if you've talked to Kyle out at wolf lately but he just ordered a system 2 like 2 weeks ago. It sounds like you might be out there a good amount this year from talking to kyle. it should make for a good season out there.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-12-2010, 6:22 AM Reply   
I just bought a Leatt last week. Tried on both the Alpine Star and the Leatt back and forth for an hour.

The piece you described on the back that caused damage....on the Alpine Star brace, it's designed to break away with a certain amount of impact. But it felt cheap to me.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-12-2010, 7:38 PM Reply   
I noticed that same thing on the Alpine Star brace. The Leatt just feels strong and like its really going to work.

J-Rod- Last year at spring ride Ho JO and his wife brought their bikes up last year and we all went riding up on this trail area about Bass Lake. I have a cabin up there so I use to ride up there a lot but mainly ride tracks now. I'm not sure if we're going to do it again this year but if we do you should bring your bike up. Jo left his at my cabin last year for the weekend. You can to if you want.
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-12-2010, 8:55 PM Reply   
Just drove by Jawbone on the way to Mammoth. Sent out some ho nks to the CIE crew
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-13-2010, 3:33 PM Reply   
nice work brotha. got any good whip pics?
Old     (62lincoln)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-13-2010, 5:46 PM Reply   
thanks guys for the comments and support. i dont have any whip pics not quite getting those all crazy style. i can do a heel clicker and a no footed can, nac nac with a little few variations of those and workin on a cliff hanger..my main goal is a back flip trying to get my connections going down south. here is the pic of my doing a back flip on a bmx. its on a poster in my house so not the best quality.

yes im wearing a leatt, the best purchase i have made for riding my dirtbike. i feel a lot safer jumping.

J-Rod we were supposed to go out to jawbone but one of my friends passed and there is a get together this weekend to raise money. next time though for sure. and about the jumping i have had a few crashes in my day ended up in the hospital a few times but didnt stop me.

Upload
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-13-2010, 6:11 PM Reply   
"wearing a leatt" what is that? Always a fan Ricky best wishes
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-13-2010, 6:19 PM Reply   
http://www.leatt-brace.com/

greatest thing to happen since full face helmets.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-13-2010, 6:27 PM Reply   
Leatt reduces the chance of a neck break by catching your head/helmet and limiting travel. My neck has already been broken once, so I figure I'm not getting a second chance lol.

Sick shot RG.

I had to skip the Jawbone trip too. I'd love to get the chance to ride bikes with you though.

Ryan, I have so much to worry about at Spring Ride. I would LOVE to take that ride, but I just have too much going on that weekend.
Old     (reuben)      Join Date: Oct 2008       02-14-2010, 11:54 PM Reply   
Much respect Ricky!!
Its sic to see such great wakeboarders killin it on motos to!!
I used to race motocross before wakeboarding but i dont push it to hard with the freestyle thing,love watchin it & doing minor variations but after my brother broke his kneck racing a couple of years ago ill definately leave flippin for the water.
My parents have a sweet motocross track on there farm in oz & my goal is to one day soon have a winch park there & maybe even a cable,anyway youve got to have dreams.
Keep the pics comin!!