Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (smalls136)      Join Date: May 2004       06-23-2005, 9:08 PM Reply   
Ive never heard of this or is there even a name for it. Im sure someone has thought of it or even done. any comments please
Old                06-23-2005, 9:56 PM Reply   
yes it has been done, but how can you put experience on the spot?
Old     (smalls136)      Join Date: May 2004       06-24-2005, 11:11 AM Reply   
haha
Old     (melan_mobe)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-27-2005, 7:48 AM Reply   
I dont believe any one has stuck it, I have seen Ricky Gonzalez i think come close in like Hype or Six Pack i think. But it was more kind of a front to fakie then a 180 rather than a true tantrum fs 3, he held on with 2 hands of the wake.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-28-2005, 11:57 AM Reply   
it would look stupid anyway.
Old                10-01-2005, 3:54 PM Reply   
Thane Dogg youve never seen one and definatly cant do one. If it looks stupid tell that to Erik Ruck. He stuck one at the first pro tour stop in Orlando in 2003. It was the biggest trick of the day off the double up and looked sick. There was a big discussion about it back then. And Chris there isnt a name for it.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-02-2005, 1:13 AM Reply   
michael, that wasn't a tantrum to fs 3 - that was what some folks are calling a 'progressive moby dick.' it was a huge tantrum with a very late *bs* 3.

as far as i know no one has done this. there was a thread last year that i brought it up in and someone claimed a florida local was close on getting one - but we never heard anything more.

it's probably quite a tough trick as it seems difficult enough just to get the fs 180 in. you're fighting the natural tendency to turn bs when the handle is in your front hand...

although i understand where thane is coming from, i think it would be a cool trick. the tantrum to revert often doesn't look good because it's done awkwardly. but that last ts bs 180 would look cool. i just think it would have to be done like ruck's moby dick (and the thread title) - late, or progressive. first the big tantrum, then the late fs 3.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       10-02-2005, 7:36 PM Reply   
yeah..i can do that..on the trampoline..haha..i dont know what the name is for it tho..
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-03-2005, 2:15 PM Reply   
I think you might have to complete your tantrum with both hands on the handle to get it done.. Like Chris said, you would naturally start to rotate bs. I know I do.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-06-2005, 3:13 PM Reply   
of course, perhaps if you did a spiderman w/o the o/h bs 3...

i've often wondered about trying a tantrum with the back hand on the handle - anyone ever tried that?
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-09-2005, 9:53 PM Reply   
was just thinking, what about wrapping up (frontside)? that would interesting...
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-27-2005, 2:08 PM Reply   
Chris,

Two handed tantrums look like a cross between a tantrum and a HS front. Squid does them. He calls it a "Frantrum."
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-27-2005, 6:57 PM Reply   
ya i know frantrums - i had a friend that would do them, but it was when he was trying hs fronts (thus the two hands on the handle).

and then of course, there's the opposite way - to them completely laid out like siggi:

tantrum