Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-12-2004, 1:33 PM Reply   
This time it's me riding. I tried the compression tool and it works wonders...hopefully it doesn't look too bad. Anyhoo, needing a little advice on the backroll...my side is getting a bit sore.

Enjoy...but take it easy, I'm still learning!

Eric
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-12-2004, 1:34 PM Reply   
Forgot the link...sorry...

http://www.wakepics.com/img/12342

Eric
Old    edward            10-12-2004, 6:03 PM Reply   
not bad. your last backroll looked pretty good. it looked like you were progressive edging pretty good and that you were waiting for the pop. keep your hands in closer to rotate faster. keep practicing your almost there.
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-12-2004, 6:04 PM Reply   
eric, good video. not being able to pull off that move myself i cant be too critical, but it looks like youre almost there. maybe a little more momentum. keep at it-almost there
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-12-2004, 6:41 PM Reply   
1st broll - crouched, cut not progressive
2nd broll - crouched, you flattened out at the wake
3rd broll - crouched, cut not progressive
Old    wakeboardpunk17            10-13-2004, 4:01 AM Reply   
Hey props on the vid
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-13-2004, 6:36 AM Reply   
So Joe, I take it you mean crouched going into the wake instead of standing tall for the pop? To me my cuts look a lot like what I see elsewhere. I'd like to see someone else I guess. Planning on trying to get to "school" sometime over the winter.

Thanks for the props and advice!

Eric
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-13-2004, 7:40 AM Reply   
I think you need to work on you ts and hs jumps. You dont seem to have a good proper technique into the wake and that is hurting your pop and motion. Learn to be able to do big grabs into the flats, this way you will get used to edging all the way up the wake and I think the backroll will come easier.
Old    phaturn            10-13-2004, 10:20 AM Reply   
I am by no means a pro but it looks like you need more pop. You are flattening out for sure. The way I learned to do this is.......
When you come out of the wake on your heel side and edge WAAAAY out to the out skurts of the boat...(you know what I mean?) where your really edging hard and fast but still progressive...........well, do that same thing when your out on the toe side of the wake edgeing on your heels towards the wake......do the same exact edge you do on the other side...... does that make sense to you??? I swear the first time I did this and stood tall at the wake it LAUNCHED me so far and high I was scared. Just a rookie tryin to help you out......
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-14-2004, 5:06 AM Reply   
good vid - just a tip for you though... Using your editing program, you can remove the audio that was taken while filming and simply replace it with the new audio (song or whatever) so that you don't have the wind noise in the background...
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-14-2004, 7:37 AM Reply   
David- I did remove some of the audio, but a couple of the clips are shorter and slipped through. There was great haste in getting the video done. I'm thinking you heard it somewhere around the 3 min mark?

Thanks,
Eric