Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (GoinBoarin)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-17-2013, 4:00 PM Reply   
I recently bought an 06 MC x45. We mainly wakeboard but are anxious to surf. We don't wish to spend a lot of extra cash this year on surf gear. Other then my stock ballast system, what bags would you reccomend buying first to get a decent wake. I'm told a 750 in the rear side locker. I would like to buy one more and was wondering which one and how big.

Thanks
Old     (tmill)      Join Date: May 2011       04-18-2013, 10:16 AM Reply   
your going to need more weight than that to get a big clean wake. on my buddies boat we run a 750 in the corner, 400 under the seat on surf side, 400 on top of the seat and a 400 in the bow.
this setup makes a huge wake but with out all of the weight it is just wash out. Also we have found that it needs to have a full tank of gas to surf the goofy side well.
Old     (cbaker87)      Join Date: Jun 2012       04-24-2013, 8:30 AM Reply   
I have an 09 X45 and last year we just had a 750 in the rear compartment and it put off a nice wake. Easy to surf without the rope but wasn't terribly long. This year I just ordered an 1100 to put in the rear locker and I am going to move the 750 into the board locker. Check with wakemakers.com for their facotry ballast upgrade. It is easy to install and works great.
Old     (jaws)      Join Date: May 2012       04-24-2013, 9:44 AM Reply   
i am digging out my gear this weekend. I might have 3 extra 400 lbs bags i can sell.
Old     (GoinBoarin)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-24-2013, 10:53 AM Reply   
I'd be interested in 2 of them for my front seats. Shoot me a pm with a price

Last edited by GoinBoarin; 04-24-2013 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Spelling