Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Old    slideit            12-10-2008, 5:18 AM Reply   
which is better voda or guru?
Old     (tribute)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-10-2008, 6:27 AM Reply   
guru
Old    benj_t            12-10-2008, 1:08 PM Reply   
guru for sure
Old     (peterslc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-10-2008, 1:27 PM Reply   
Anyone know where you can find a Guru board online?
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-10-2008, 1:31 PM Reply   
skate deck
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-10-2008, 4:34 PM Reply   
We are getting Voda Vent Wake edition boards on Friday. Its the next step evolution wise in production. If in Orlando, Ryan Jones, one of the guys involved with the design and its evolution runs a school using them. He's got alot of info on it: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=28421 583

If you want to get one we have a link on our homepage.

Bill @ Performance
www.perfski.com
Old     (inty399)      Join Date: May 2007       12-10-2008, 7:16 PM Reply   
what are those things he has strapped to his legs in the beginning of the video called?
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-11-2008, 7:08 AM Reply   
I was in the boat with one of the guys from Voda yesterday and asked him what the deal was with the whole thing and this is pretty much what I was told:

The Key players from Guru started up Voda with all new tech. New molds, new materials. Apparently heaps improved from Guru. He said all the tramp guys and pro's are really digging it and it feels more like a wakeboard.

I personally haven't tried one so I can't comment but I did jump on a Guru a couple times and enjoyed it.
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-11-2008, 8:30 AM Reply   
I have a guru at my house and it absorbs your bounce and is really small. I personally do not like it since the only moves I can pull off with it on are spins and a tantrum. It significantly takes away the bounce so that I have no time to practice moves that I want to learn with a board like a tootsie roll, scarecrow...things like that which I want to add to my trick bag on the water. I have not tried the voda but it would not take much to improve on the guru. It sounds like the voda is 10 times better

(Message edited by devildog_ra on December 11, 2008)
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-12-2008, 1:09 PM Reply   
heres my friends doing some wakeskate tramp practice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUwlI9MqGRI

a pretty good barefoot video too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Fa6K4Qwego
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-12-2008, 1:31 PM Reply   
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       12-12-2008, 5:45 PM Reply   
I have a guru board and love it. It does make doing tricks on the tramp more difficult than barefoot but it really resembles the feel of having a wakeboard on. It's helped me progress a lot. I'm not really sure what Ryan is talking about because I've learned many higher level tricks like mobes, whirly's, and everything to blind. One thing that the guru helps me with a lot is grabs. Learned how to grab all of my tricks in a few different ways. It let's you experiment with out all the falls. It still takes some practice in order to take tramp tricks to the water but it really helps with air awareness and repetition.

I have not tried a voda but I think I'm going to buy one and try it out.
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-13-2008, 6:38 AM Reply   
We got the boards in yesterday...the finished product looks amazing. Got an email from a customer who picked one up at the shop that had a Guru and said it felt alot more forgiving and seemed like it had more life to it off the tramp. We'll know more as they get out there.
Heres the link on them with more info on the changes / tech info they gave us.

http://www.perfski.com/Store/Voda-Vent-Tramp-Board.html
Old     (duffmangt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       12-13-2008, 10:07 AM Reply   
i'm getting a voda for christmas (only thing on my list so hopefully!) i'll take some pics and vid of it and post what i think asap
Old     (wakeboardingzach)      Join Date: Jun 2008       12-13-2008, 8:33 PM Reply   
i dont get whats so special about them????? cant you just use your wakeboard for the tramp. its just a board.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-13-2008, 8:43 PM Reply   
tramp boards have rounded/padded edges and give a lot so if you come down tip first you won't break your ankle and/or tampoline
Old     (wakeboardingzach)      Join Date: Jun 2008       12-14-2008, 2:42 PM Reply   
thats all??? it dosent seem to fun...
Old    slideit            12-18-2008, 5:33 AM Reply   
got one from performance
so much fun!
quality is real good and bends just right on bad falls
thanks for the help
Old     (freddie_wayne)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-20-2008, 6:11 PM Reply   
Get the voda, I have one and they are way lighter, easier, and better than guru boards
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-20-2008, 8:41 PM Reply   
Ordered mine today, can't wait to try it out.
Old     (duffmangt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       12-21-2008, 7:32 AM Reply   
yea im stoked, a couple more days til i get it! i actually took the skate to the trampoline after seeing the video andy loves posted and it works pretty good...gonna keep using it to get some footwork down before takin it to the water. just be super careful about missing the board...it will hunt your shin down :-( haha
Old    slideit            01-07-2009, 9:16 AM Reply   
update on my voda trampoline board-
still looks new after 2 weeks of hard use
make sure to check the screws before each use they'll loosen and the base plate can slide. i used loc tight and it doesn't loosen
i can now grab my tantrum,hs360 and have made a few heel 5
not sure on mobes and stuff still chicken to try them on tramp!
best $200 i've spent on wakeboarding
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-07-2009, 5:34 PM Reply   
Got mine too and its really cool. Training on the tramp feels a lot more realistic now. When jumping without a board, its hard to make sure your feet are really in the right position. With the board, the bindings keep your feet where they belong, and you can really tell if you're landing on the correct edge or not.

Tomas, any tips on how to start doing inverts on the tramp? I can't get passed the idea that I might just fly off and break my neck.
Old    slideit            01-08-2009, 5:20 AM Reply   
lou
i use a rope and handle and find that i can stay on the trampoline way better. i also find that with the board on i get bounced back to the center of the tramp more. i was told to keep line tension in my shoulders once and that made the biggest difference on getting comfortable with inverts.
hope that helps
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-08-2009, 5:35 AM Reply   
Hey Lou / Tomas,
Thanks for the followup.....I know there are alot of local customers who have gotten the new boards from us.
The response, like yours, to the boards and using them has been extremely positive so far.
Thanks again,

Bill @ Perfski.com
Old     (duffmangt)      Join Date: Jan 2008       01-09-2009, 3:32 PM Reply   
ah good i was looking for this thread and couldnt find it

the board is great and tomas is right, use loc tight or keep tightening the screws and you'll be good. Its a great feeling with the added weight to your feet and keeping your feet ducked. I've used it since christmas and put it through some hard stuff with some crazy people and its still great. I need to get the camera out there to just shoot some normal stuff with it sometime soon, anyone in the dfw area is welcome to come try mine out :-)
Old    slideit            01-15-2009, 1:09 PM Reply   
my trampoline has finally died!
what are you guys using and where are you getting them?
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-15-2009, 9:11 PM Reply   
I've got a 15' round Bazoongi that SamsClub used to sell. Had it about 5 years now, and the only problem is that the pad around the edges is falling apart.