Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-17-2006, 8:49 AM Reply   
www.elwirecheap.com

www.beingseen.com

www.vibelights.com

I have never seen this before. called el lighting. needs a transformer but is very flexible and durable. anybody have any experience. 1.25 per foot plus a 10 transformer. May be easier to install to still achieve the Bling It grant look. aka professional look.
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-17-2006, 8:52 AM Reply   
some FAQ's

http://www.vibelights.com/elwirefaq.html
Old     (josnow1)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-17-2006, 8:57 AM Reply   
David. I looked at elwirecheap last night and was wondering the same thing. For the price, I think Im going to give them a try. Also, going to play around with making an "angel eye" this weekend to see if that's an option.
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-17-2006, 9:08 AM Reply   
Unless i am mistakened one drawback is that although you can cut the wire it needs to be connected to the inverter/driver to light up so to go from location to location (cupholders to tower) you either need to run the actual light covered up with tape or u need to cut it and get another inverter? no idea if this is right or not why im asking the question.
Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-17-2006, 9:35 AM Reply   
Elwire is already out of business? Wow! that was quick.
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-17-2006, 9:38 AM Reply   
what it is? i dont think so.
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-17-2006, 10:11 AM Reply   
jojo im in the same boat as you. Lookin for most effective method for the cheapest price. install isnt as big of a deal i dont mind the work. lookin nice and clean is a must though and these smaller gauge thinner EL wires will be less noticable.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-17-2006, 11:20 AM Reply   
ok i just bought two 12inch blue cold cathodes. It says its for decorating a fancy computer but it connect to 12 v so hopefully this will work. i suppose i shall see when i plug it in. They are suppose to last longer than neons.
Old     (rocketman)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-17-2006, 11:48 AM Reply   
Captain,

It's true- "Elwirecheap is closing it's doors. We are no longer in operation." per the homepage. They refer you to vibelights.com.
Old     (john_v96)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-17-2006, 12:53 PM Reply   
hey guys
the cold cathodes use way to much power!
the LEDs are the way to go, i have about 35 pods in my 05 malibu and i can have them all on for weeks with out killing my batt.
i dont have a website up yet but will soon i will be selling all kinds of leds and also plexi cup holder glow rings as well as tower speaker glow rings and accent lighting
let me know what you would like
707-479-9434
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-17-2006, 2:16 PM Reply   
o i c. i thought jared meant that EL lights alltogether were dunzo. now i c. thankfully there are plenty of other places to deal with. thanks for that.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-17-2006, 7:30 PM Reply   
David:

I haven't actually used these yet (want to...) but my understanding is that you can cut the EL cable, solder regular wire to it and extend. So you could start from the inverter with regular wire, connect to a length of EL cable, then go back to regular wire, another length of EL, etc.
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-17-2006, 10:06 PM Reply   
That would be ideal Rod. Guessing you wouldnt need very heavy guage wire either.