Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-24-2007, 6:10 PM Reply   
Woody, I found the pumps used on the make-a-wake, they cost about $115 each so much better than $900 for their unit, better off building it yourself. If you need help feel free!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-25-2007, 8:28 PM Reply   
Hey Eustace: Where did you say you saw my fat sack tsunami pump on the cheap? Unless KG can do reconstructive
surgery on the one I have now I'm definitely going to have to buy a new one for the upcoming season.

KG: Since my Temet and Belmonts are beyond repair, you can bring everything with you this weekend. I
can put it all back into the "gear" room. Thanks again for trying to breath new life into my old
worn-out
board and boots.

While Chickie & Pete's does not take reservations, they do take considerations. So they have
us as a consideration at 12 noon in the back room under the name of Alex. See you there!
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-26-2007, 8:00 AM Reply   
Here you go Alex,,,, What?? you don’t trust that repair job!

http://www.marine-products.com/boat_parts/accessories/aerator_and_livewell_pumps/attwood.jsp

See you all Tomorrow, look for us around 12:30
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-26-2007, 8:17 AM Reply   
Message to Jeff Barton... the LA Boat Show starts Feb 3rd... I will be wearing my McElhinney Wakeboard rider shirt in honor of Stacey...

Aloha from Huntington Beach... hope to get out your way next year... Suzie wants to go to NY to shop & see a Broadway play... I want to ride and then go to a show...
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-26-2007, 5:41 PM Reply   
HOllar-
jeez 1 month of disappearing and i feel like i missed the whole world. Sounds like everyone is doing really well. Personally I wake up every morning and since i have not really found a good place to keep my new deck in my apartment it is the first thing i see in the morning besides the dumb alarm making the worst sound in the world for the ungodly hour i wake up. It is motivating me to pick a weekend to go to florida for three days this spring to get some early season help. Anyway, the word on the street is Dave has a new boat- sweet. I will be at the AC boat show next weekend checking things out and celebrating my dad's bday. Cole i live in jerset city now, so hollar at me... Justin and Michelle sorry i am a nogo on sunday for riding hope you have some good snow, Kev what up, Brian you still pickin up the skate, , Doreen and alex sorry I could not meet up in the city two weeks ago but there is always next time. Alright time to fend off the coldest night of the year. That means i have to bring out my flask of tequila to keep me warm. Actually alex I will be in your old stomping grounds tonight, 5th between A and B. See you all soon.

Doug

(Message edited by scilost on January 26, 2007)
Old     (rider)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-27-2007, 8:13 PM Reply   
Yeah, definitely a lot has gone on. Sick looking boat Dave. Finally the weather has turned cold. I can finally use my multi-day pass at Mountain Creek. I bought it in Nov. and thought I wasted my money this winter. I am outside Tampa till Wed. for a National Sales Meeting. Temp. was 74 today. Unfortunately I have no time to wakeboard and no deck with me.

Doug, I am in Jersey City also. Shoot me an email and we'll head to the bars in Hoboken.

A couple of months and the water will be low 50's, temps. in the low 70's, and I will be ready to go back in (no damn wetsuit).
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       01-29-2007, 1:23 PM Reply   
Joe, I think we're gonna have some business for you this summer for THE SECOND ANNUAL JERSEY RIDERS EAST/WEST WAKEFEST!

Although to be politically correct, we should probably include North and South as well since we drew people from all over the region.

DATE: Saturday, June 30th (Rain Date Sunday, July 1st)

Now that the date is in place, we can all start putting the rest of the peices together.

It was great seeing so many of the area's wake-faithful over the weekend to discuss this year's event. There are a lot of ideas to further enhance the event for the second go-around this season. It's gonna be great!

So get that date entered into your calendars! But believe me, there's gonna be plenty more info to come in the next few months. We'll keep it flowing right here as things develop.}}
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-29-2007, 5:28 PM Reply   
JB,

I'm totally stoked for the 2nd annual NJ riders east/west wakefest! It's going to be great! The planning for this one will be well executed and I've already put my order in for great weather for JUNE 30th!

Even though still 5 months away, I can feel the excitement already.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-30-2007, 5:04 AM Reply   
Is it being intimated that the planning for last wakefest wasn't executed well?

After taking a couple of days to ruminate on Saturday's discussions, I've drawn, what I feel to be,
some imporant conclusions. Since the next meeting won't be until early March, look for an email from
me soon.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-30-2007, 4:57 PM Reply   
Hey All,
Wow I have missed a lot. Congrats Dave and Woody on the new boats. Dave that X-Star is off the hook. I have been staying off the computer as of late and have missed a ton. Happy Holidays to everyone.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-30-2007, 7:01 PM Reply   
Hey Jim....glad to see you surface! Hope all has been well.

Dor
Old     (rider)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-30-2007, 8:07 PM Reply   
Hey JB, Linda from San Diego wanted me to tell you hello. She works at the same company I do. She wants me to give you her cell number so you can give her a call. Shoot me an email and I will send you her number.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-01-2007, 4:44 PM Reply   
Jim, good to hear from you again.

Not enough snow yet to tear it up behind the Bronco? :-)
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-02-2007, 12:14 PM Reply   
I liked winter better 2 weeks ago when it was 70 out. But now I guess it's a good thing cause at the end of this month I have my next 7 days off and I am thinking of a weekday snowboard day trip.
Old     (yamaha917)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-03-2007, 3:03 PM Reply   
yo brian...heard about the new boat. congratz! looking forward to getting out there more with you and meeting up with charles. bring on the good weather! thank you to the groundhog for predicting an early spring.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-03-2007, 5:39 PM Reply   
Scott Meyer,

Good of you to check-in with your first post on the NJ riders thread.....pretty cool!

You'll be seeing alot of our group this summer out on the river. Keep in touch!

-Dave
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-03-2007, 9:30 PM Reply   
D Dubbs',
Nice Pickle!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-04-2007, 5:06 AM Reply   
Thanks, Jeff!

You and your posse comin' down for the wakefest this year? Hope so, I didn't get a chance to see you tear it up last year. Date and time will be announced very soon.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-04-2007, 5:34 AM Reply   
Dave, I thought that I'd save some fuel this yr. and take a plane. 5 hrs in a car does not appeal to me anymore.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-04-2007, 10:28 AM Reply   
Jeff Z.

Check out direct flights from Boston to Trenton airport on Comair (Delta) www.delta.com
Looks like they have 3 flights avail. on June 29th, flight time only 1 hour 21 minutes. (that beats a 5 hour road trip, right?)

I could possibly pick you up at the Trenton airport as I only live about 15 minutes from there. They also have car rental at the airport too.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-04-2007, 11:15 AM Reply   
What's up Scott, how have you been? The warm weather will be here before you know it and the three of us will get together for a few beers on the water and some riding of course. See you soon.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-05-2007, 4:41 AM Reply   
Thanks Dave, $200 RT isn't a bad deal at all!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-05-2007, 4:50 AM Reply   
Jeff Z,

You could also take the train to NYC, then transfer to NJ transit train to the Hamilton, NJ station. That puts you about 10 minutes away from the Bordentown launch.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-05-2007, 3:05 PM Reply   
From the Hamilton station you can get on the river line and it brings you right to the Bordentown launch. Charles uses it a lot and it drops you off at the top of the hill.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-05-2007, 6:41 PM Reply   
1.5hrs =
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-06-2007, 2:55 PM Reply   
Hey everybody, it was 7 degrees when I left the house this morning for work!
Old     (harlemice)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-07-2007, 2:22 PM Reply   
so hey everyone, i went snowboarding this weekend at hunter mountain in upstate ny and on my last run down i wrecked and broke my wrist. major bummer.Upload
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-07-2007, 4:29 PM Reply   
Cole, that is a bummer!
Now, by chance did you make the karmic mistake at the top of the hill by announcing aloud that you were "taking your last run"? That one always leads to disaster.

I snowboarded last night at Blue Mountain and it was COLD!!!! The worst part was all the icy faces to the trails. It got sketchy at times.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-07-2007, 6:17 PM Reply   
Damn Cole that SUCKS bro!! Sorry to hear about that. We're heading up to Blue this weekend if anyone wants to meet up! Throwin' out an open invite!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-07-2007, 7:46 PM Reply   
OUCH! Sorry to hear Cole, but hey at least it happened now and not in May! You have plenty of time to heal up for the real boarding season! LOL

hey Cole, by the way...is that a wedding band on your finger? Left Hand, 3rd finger???? Waht up wit dat?
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-08-2007, 5:46 AM Reply   
Cole- suck it up,

Jeff I must have just missed you at the AC Boat show, I was talking to the mastercraft guys and they mentioned that "some guy named Jeff from wakeboarding magazine just left", I figure it was you.

Cole- just kidding, that sucks. where are some of those mexico pictures?
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-08-2007, 6:21 AM Reply   
doug, cole, anybody near the city today....there is a snowboard rail jam at union square today, mid afternoon to early evening. something like 33 pro riders. possibly danny kass. i'll be there for a little.

i'm headed to blue mt. next friday if anybody is around. i heard sidewinder is nicely groomed, maybe they will open the pipe soon.....
Old     (harlemice)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-08-2007, 9:46 AM Reply   
Hey ya;ll thanks for the sympathies all around. Jeff, no i didnt make any fatal announcements but i think my karma was just messed up all day, some things are meant to happen i guess. KG, through the miracle of the camera it does appear that my ring is on my left hand but is actually on my right, no i will not be getting married, unless you're offering. Peace everyone and enjoy that awesome east coast ice!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-08-2007, 4:13 PM Reply   
Cole, sorry to hear about the wrist.

I assume you took that pic using a mirror, and the ring is on your right hand, broken wrist is your left one correct??

Well, at least now you have more time for painting the walls! :-) HAHA
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-12-2007, 7:41 PM Reply   
There hasn't been much to write about lately. The lagoon at 60 Sylvia is frozen and the bulkhead guy
still has not started the job. Doreen wanted me to walk out onto the frozen lagoon so she could take a
picture and post it here, but I didn't trust that ice to hold my fat a$$. There was some brief talk
of going to a local small mountain to kill ourselves snowboarding this past Sunday, but that idea
(thankfully) fizzled-out. Speaking of snowboarding, didn't Charles enter a snowboarding
rail jam in Central Park this past weekend? Charles? Any updates? Did you bring home any hardware?
I went to Surf & Offshore's website the other day for no particular reason, and Craig's now featuring
pictures from last year's wakefest. Funny.
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-13-2007, 9:06 AM Reply   
although it was a reliable rumor, i didn't do the snowboard event. i never made it home and didn't have my snowboard gear. however, i will be at blue mt this friday....
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-13-2007, 6:51 PM Reply   
You folks get anything off this storm?
They expect 18 - 36" in the Berkshires but down graded from 12- 18 to 5-9" in Worcester County...Very Nice
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-13-2007, 7:34 PM Reply   
10:30pm northern New Jersey and the snow has turned to ice with total accumulation so far of only about
1/4". By tomorrow afternoon the sun will probably be out.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-13-2007, 7:40 PM Reply   
Woo Hoo...You folk's lucked out..What has the temp been throughout the day?
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-14-2007, 4:48 PM Reply   
Jeffrey,

As of now, temp is 18 and very windy. It will be in the single digits tonight with wind chills between 0 and -5 degrees!

I leave for work at 3am. C'mon spring! :-)
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-19-2007, 8:36 AM Reply   
Hit the slopes last night for the first time in two years and let me tell you there's nothing like throwing yourself on the hard cold ground over and over again.

I'm glad I work for the state because if it weren't for the day off today, I'd have to call in sick...I can hardly move, feel's like I've been driven over by a massive recycling truck without having medical insurance to boot.

Well enough of the bitchen, How is everybody doing in the dirty dirty? Hope ya'll staying warm!!

Current temps here in Worcester County as of 11:30am 11* with a wind chill of -7*. Those 23mph winds beat the crap out of your skin. I have to look on the bright side though, it will be high of 39* tomorrow afternoon... Come on spring!

Talk soon

(Message edited by zuka666 on February 19, 2007)
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-20-2007, 8:04 AM Reply   
OMG it's gonna be a freakin heat wave the next few days!
Upload
Wed 46
Thurs 47
and I'll take the incoming rain for a free car wash, my hoe went from Blue to Gray during the last snow storm!

Today was the first day I didn't have to wear a scarf to work in about 3 weeks! Sweet.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-21-2007, 6:19 PM Reply   
Oh yeah. Not only is this warmer weather getting KG psyched, but it has gotten my bulkhead guy moving too!
That's right..work on my new bulkhead has finally begun! The scheduled date of completion is early
next week, so that means 60 Sylvia's backyard is going to be a total WRECK this weekend. And to me, a
chewed-up water-front backyard full of mud and construction equipment cries-out only one thing.."PARTY!"
I know it may not be particularly exciting, but if any one wants to come to 60 Sylvia this Saturday to
check-out the construction site, throw-back a few cold ones and take some crazy pictures just give me
a holla. I'll buy the beer and eats.

Hey Jeff Z: When I went to The Boarding School I wakeboarded five or six times a day for three days. Talk
about feeling like you've been run-over by a truck...I couldn't walk right for a week.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-22-2007, 5:40 PM Reply   

Good to hear the bulkhead work has commenced Alex. I bet you're ecstatic it will be done soon. That's quite a task to "have" to tackle (thanks to mother nature) and you've spearheaded the efforts most gratiously. I'm sure it will be a relief once all is said and done.

Kevin, it didn't rain enough down here to wash my car, would you mind finishing up the job?

I've been doing some research on what setup I want next this season, and I think I narrowed it down.

'07 CWB Deuce boots
Upload

and the deck?

'06 Transcend Plat.
Upload
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-23-2007, 3:37 AM Reply   
The Boarding School?? <perk>
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-23-2007, 12:07 PM Reply   
Hey everyone I just got an e-mail from Water Ways Inc. Looks like they're coming to wakefest this year from Ocean City, MD. with their crew amd Malibu!
Check out their website........www.ocwaterways.com
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-23-2007, 3:58 PM Reply   
Dave,
I went there last year in July and spoke to the owner, really nice guy. I saw the shop while in Ocean City and decided to stop in on the way home to check it out. I told him all the wakefest and that he should check it out next year when it comes around again. I'm glad he's coming down. He always has a bunch of stuff going on, competitions and rail jams. Maybe we can show him how we do it in NJ!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-23-2007, 4:12 PM Reply   
Check out the videos on his website......they have some good riders down there. He's going to bring some regional riders from Hyperlite and Liquid Force.
Nice that everyone is getting stoked already, c'mon spring!
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-27-2007, 8:54 AM Reply   
Annette and I are heading to BNW this Saturday. Probably going to roll in around 1pm. Then to SOS for a quick hello and hopefully off to Frankie's for a late lunch. If anyone is interested

LL Cause for Alarm

http://www.bravesurf.com/directions/main_direction_page.html
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-27-2007, 7:47 PM Reply   
uummmmmm, Frankies!
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-28-2007, 1:07 PM Reply   
i wanted to post some snowboarding pics from Blue Mountain but I can't resize them and don't won't to clog the page with large photos. anybody willing to resize them for me and post them?
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-01-2007, 11:07 AM Reply   
Charles, email them to me and I'll resize them and send them back for you to post. wakeboardnj@gmail.com
KG
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-01-2007, 8:15 PM Reply   
Oh man. I'd really love to make a Point run this Saturday and then do the BNW/SOS/Frankie's trifecta,
but sadly, I have to work until 4:00pm. And you KNOW I hate missing a Frankie's run! \clipart
{proud}
Remember the 60 Sylvia Wrecking Ball party I mentioned last week? Well, here's what you missed:

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

While it looks like a war zone right now, just think how nice it's going to look for the
Spring 2007 Wakeboard Season Lid Lifter Party!
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-02-2007, 9:23 AM Reply   
two things. alex - the backyard pictures are insane....(i had a more explicit response but the G-rated wakeworld didn't take to kindly when i tried to post...)
&
kevin sorted me out with the resizing and turned me on to some free software that resizes. here are the pics.....no disprespect to the wakescene, i would have gone wakeboarding but all the water was frozen...Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-02-2007, 8:51 PM Reply   
AK - Trailer full of twiggs... wtf? Damage, I'll say! WoW.

Charles, 3rd pic = sweet!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-04-2007, 6:28 AM Reply   
Alex, looks like the bulkhead is coming along fine. Take some pics of the finished product.

I see www.njwakefest.com has been updated.
Looks good, can't wait until wakefest '07!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-04-2007, 8:14 PM Reply   
One week later. Ta-daaa!

Upload
Upload

The dock is around 9" higher than the last dock, and that's to protect it better from high tides and Winter
ice. Instead of just nailing 2x10's across the top(which warp and twist over time), my bulkhead guy cut
2x6's into around one-hundred 12" lengths, nailed them in a row and then routed the front and rear
top edges. This gives it a really nice finished look. However, the dock is all one height! The last 12'
of the southern end is supposed to be at ground level. This is going to be corrected. After a couple more
good rains the dirt should be good and settled and I can begin respreading the stones. To compensate
for the earth lost to the lagoon when the last bulkhead failed, some dirt was recovered from the lagoon
and a load of dirt was purchased, dumped, spread and then packed-down with the back hoe. Despite Kevin's
concerns, my bulkhead guy assures me I shouldn't be worried about sink holes. So, while there's still lots
of "finishing" work to do, 60 Sylvia's new bulkhead is finally in place.

Yes Dave, I've brought the wakefest website up to date and I already have a number of wakefest irons in
the fire.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-04-2007, 9:23 PM Reply   
WOW, the bulkhead looks fantastic. Any chance there will be a 60 Sylvia Bulkhead Christening party?
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-05-2007, 6:19 AM Reply   
Nice bulkhead! Glad you were able to get it done so quickly.
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-05-2007, 7:46 AM Reply   
I'm sitting here, wearing my 609 TCC hat, going through my mail when I come across something from the "NJwakefest Event Headquaters".

Alex and Doreen have sent a mailer out!

Alex, awesome job! It was great to get something wake related a few days into March. This will certainly get people interested early. The ball is starting to really gain speed!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-05-2007, 10:00 AM Reply   
Just got an e-mail from Jay G. at the MC dealer in Mass. There may be some more riders coming down from that area, including Mikey Marsh. (I believe JB knows him) He's going to pass on the info to 500+ riders!

I'm going to need event posters when they get finished. Need to send a few up there and to others as well.

Maybe another wakefest planning meeting is in order? (just not on March 31 as I'll be away)
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-05-2007, 8:32 PM Reply   
Oh man. JB is sitting at home sportin' his 609TCC hat. I miss The ol' Turtle Cove days.
Many of us have a lot of great Turtle Cove memories, and I think it would be fun to plan a 2007 609TCC
day. But when I look back to the shallow salty water, the short runs and hairpin turn arounds,
multiple boats fighting for the same corner of butter, the tubers doing figure eights and turning the
cove into a choppy blender, and last but not least...the greenheads, I don't know if I'll ever go
back to ol' Turtle Cove ever again. But you never know...

Yes, Doreen and I did a small thirty-piece mailing, and since bulk mailing is Doreen's business, she
suggested that we include some "seeds" as a monitoring tool. JB and KG were the two seeds. This was
the first mailing and we're planning more. I don't know if anyone knows it, but I did mailings last
year as well.

KG asked: "Any chance there will be a 60 Sylvia Bulkhead Christening party?"

Pfff. You know me. Any excuse to host a party at 60 Sylvia sounds like a plan! Doreen and I have been discussing
a 60 Sylvia 2007 season lid lifter party. Should it be a daytime family style barbecue with kids and reasonably
controlled drinking, or should it be barbecuing and liver abuse for the adults? My mechanic is coming over
Saturday April 7 to unwinterize the Super Air. That would be a good occasion for a noontime family barbecue.
Last year when The Super Air was unwinterized Kevin was there working on the Blast Master 5000, Michele
power washed the dock and Justin set-up the tramp.
Upload

And how exactly do we Christen the new bulkhead? Pour beer on it? Pee on it? Empty a fat sack onto it?
Have Doug give it a quick-start tutorial on premium tequila tasting and then pour shots on it?
Have Michele power wash it? Have Connor try to eat a piece of it? I don't know! Anyone have any other ideas?
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-05-2007, 9:23 PM Reply   
Yea I'm a seed! I hope I grow up to be a beautiful flower(that's some QAS no?)...check this out! http://www.wakeboardnj.com/wakefest2007.htm

April 7 is only 31 days away...could our riding season be that close to starting already...AWESOME, it can't come soon enough. I think Dave said it first, c'mon spring!

Anyone know how Cole's arm is doing?
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-06-2007, 9:17 AM Reply   
Pour beer on it? Pee on it? Empty a fat sack onto it? Have Doug give it a quick-start tutorial on premium tequila tasting and then pour shots on it?
Excuse me??!!! Alex, um, we need to talk sweetheart!

(Message edited by njladydriver on March 06, 2007)
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-06-2007, 3:14 PM Reply   
"Excuse me??!!! Alex, um, we need to talk sweetheart!"
Doreen, you control that boy!! -J
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-06-2007, 5:14 PM Reply   
Nice event graphic of Ike doin' a raley!
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-06-2007, 6:57 PM Reply   
Doreen- What is wrong with a little premium tequila??
Old     (harlemice)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-07-2007, 6:04 AM Reply   
I don't know what the hell goes on here anymore. You people have lost control. Everytime I log on I feel like I just walked into a circus with a bunch of horny midgets hopped up on red bull about to have an orgy, . . Ok I don't know what I'm talking about

KG- Thanks for asking! My arm is lovely, the cast will be off in two weeks.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-07-2007, 8:46 AM Reply   
I think Cole's Freudian slip may be showing.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-07-2007, 12:08 PM Reply   
Everytime I log on I feel like I just walked into a circus with a bunch of horny midgets hopped up on red bull about to have an orgy, . .

That is some Q.A.S.!!!
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-08-2007, 6:56 PM Reply   
Hello, hello, hello! Man I feel so out of "the loop"! I'm hardly ever on here anymore. Alex, the bulkhead looks great! I was laughing my ass off when I read "Have Connor try to eat a piece of it? I don't know! " You are too funny. All I know is the news said it's going to be around 65 next Wed. and I welcome that! I think pouring a 40 oz. on it should commemorate the new head nicely, don't you?

On another note, if anyone's interested, Michele and I joined Brian & Annette down at Brave New World, Frankie's, and we even made it to see Craig @ SOS. I finally gave in, and bought this:
Upload

Needless to say I CANNOT WAIT to ride it!! You can see some more pics here if you want: http://picasaweb.google.com/Irish79/New07Setup
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-09-2007, 6:20 AM Reply   
Nice set-up Justin! I really like the CWB boards, especially the Transcend. You'll really be killing it this year with that! Congrats!

Alex--I'm sure you and Doreen can think of a way to Christen that new dock/bulkhead!
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-09-2007, 8:59 AM Reply   
Did somebody say circus midgets…..

That is one sweet set up you landed Justin. I'm also ready for an early start this season, as my dry suit finally got delivered last week.

Alex, the work at 60 Sylvia looks great! I'm bummed we wont be able to make the christening on 7th, we are taking Ant to a Flyers game that day. (And for the record I have no qualms with peeing in public if that’s the way it's gonna go down)
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-12-2007, 9:05 PM Reply   
Finally some warm weather! Its a welcome departure ...especially since it was last this warm when we were moving the Party-Barge at Alex's after the Wakefest meeting back in January! Yes it's been that long since we had some real decent weather! Hooray!

Nice board Justin...Can I borrow your old LF board to see how she rides?.

Got a new project finished... http://www.wakeboardnj.com/projects/Projects/jumpseat.htm
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-13-2007, 7:17 AM Reply   
nice jumpseat. kevin, i'm not that familiar with your mastercraft, but if there is more than one location for the seat to be placed, you should affix some leads weights to the underside so you can effectively and comfortably perfect the wake with the placement of the seat.

who's gonna be in charge of the sandbar slider for the wakefest? we can place it at low tide. anybody got a jet ski?
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-13-2007, 9:01 AM Reply   
Hey Charles that's a good idea about the jumpseat, thx! The sandbar slider too!
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-13-2007, 3:22 PM Reply   
Kevin, you never cease to amaze me with all of your prjoects! Nice job. The lead weight is a good idea, but is this seat going to be moved around?

Of course you can try the Trip, you're more than welcome to try out the Transcend as well...

68 today, 72 tomorrow!!! woohoo I am getting antsy..
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-13-2007, 8:27 PM Reply   
I'm surprised the jumpseat's cusion isn't hinged at the top so it could be opened and used as a cooler!

Let's see...ballast or beer, beer or ballast?

Beer!
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-14-2007, 7:46 AM Reply   
that would be pretty sick.

(and i guess i'm abandonding the idea that the east river wouldn't kill you. i do see peopple jetskiing though)
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-14-2007, 1:30 PM Reply   
well....that's actually the next idea. Build a seat on top of the blue cooler in the boat already. Some of you already know I added snaps to the throw cushion and attached it to the top of the cooler back in 2001, now I am thinking of adding a back to that cushion as well! Evolution of ideas...