Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (vlxray)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-06-2010, 7:33 AM Reply   
I recently got a trampoline and after much research I decided to but a Voda Vent tramp board directly from Voda Equipment. Well after waiting two weeks to get the board here is my experience thus far.

After doing a quick test of the board by jumping for about two minutes I attempted to adjust the binding angles and move them out a bit. Upon loosening the binding bolts the majority of the threaded inserts came completely out of the board. It does not appear that there was much of anything holding them in and it took very little force for them to come out. I attempted to glue them back in place with a high strength epoxy designed for plastic which has failed. On top of that, a number of the inserts were misaligned from the factory making some of the binding locations impossible to use. Given the price of the board ($225) this is very disappointing. The way the inserts are attached to the board makes me think that there is no way that they could hold up for very long. This could result in a serious injury if one binding were to come loose in the middle of a trick.

Has anyone else out there had any experience with Voda and if so is your board holding up well? I have emailed the company and there is no phone contact on their website. It has not been long since I emailed so it is possible that I will get a response. I just wanted to see if anyone else has experience with this product. This is very disappointing because the board looked promising on the website and I was really looking forward to training with it this winter. It is also disappointing that a product that cost $225 lasted for a total of about 2 minutes of use. Hopefully I just got a defective board and they will replace it.
Old     (vlxray)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-06-2010, 8:22 AM Reply   
I did receive a reply from the manufacturer and it sounds like they are going to make it right. I also talked to a guy at Performance and he said that they have not had any returns on the Voda boards which makes me believe that this was just a defective board. I'm all cool with it as long as the company stands by the product. I realize that even good companies occasionally have manufacturing issues.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-06-2010, 9:04 AM Reply   
glad to hear you got a hold of someone, and that they are taking care of you. let me know if you need help getting in touch with them again, i can make a call for you.
Old     (vlxray)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-06-2010, 11:48 AM Reply   
Thanks Jay. I will let you know but I believe that they are going to help me out. I have received replies from two different people from Voda which is a good sign.
Old     (vlxray)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-06-2010, 1:56 PM Reply   
I just wanted to put an update on here to let everyone know that Voda does indeed stand behind their product and their customer service is excellent.

Ryan from Voda called me today and they are shipping me a new board. He explained that the insert problem has only happened a few times and that they train professional snow and wake boarders using the boards with no problems. Ryan was extremely helpful and I am quite confident that the replacement board will be fine.