Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-26-2010, 2:24 PM Reply   
I am in the market for a high end wake surf board. I am really leaning towards the Shredstixx Elevation, but would also consider the James walker pro model and the Grindwater Slaysh. Any adivce out there. Please post pics if you own one of these boards. Thanks
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-26-2010, 6:51 PM Reply   
First off, Grindwater doesn't belong in this conversation......high end, I think not. I can assume, from your board selections, that you are looking for a surf style board rather than skim? Maybe give us some more details about your riding style and boat/wave setup. What are you riding now?

I know a couple guys around here are killing it and really liking the new Elevation board from Shred Stixx. I haven't ridden one, and therefore can't comment. I, also, haven't had the opportunity to ride the new Flyboy, however, I do have the TWP James Walker board and wouldn't trade it for anything BUT the new Flyboy. It's my understanding and observation that James and the Flyboy crew are attempting to take wakesurf boards to the next level, and I feel like these guys are going to start paving the way for future improvements in shape/design and materials for board builds.

You really can't go wrong with either of the (2) boards you mentioned, but, if I were buying a board right now, it'd be the Flyboy. Heck, if I didn't know for a fact my wife would have my jewels in a jar on the counter, I'd already have the Flyboy in the rack! Just for s's and giggles, here's a picture of my TWP James Walker Sig.

Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-26-2010, 8:18 PM Reply   
I have a 22 supra launch with #600 in the starboard locker and #500 in the bow locker. Generally I have 4-6 riders of additional human ballast to play with. I have a tonic caption I'm riding right now and am ready to step up to a good board. I'm keeping an open mind; I'm a firm beleiver that just because you pay 600-900 bucks doesn't mean you'll get the best. What I like about the elevation is that it has that stubbed nose which should keep it from nose diving. Do you have any problems with that.
Old     (scottnaz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-26-2010, 8:42 PM Reply   
I have no problems with nose diving on my Walker board. I'm not familiar with the Tonic board.
We're surfin the same hull, 05' 22ssv here, shoot, we're surfin the same side of the boat too..... .
I do run more weight though.
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-27-2010, 12:22 AM Reply   
What company did you get your board from; how long did it take for you to get it once you placed the order?
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-30-2010, 7:30 AM Reply   
22vdrive got a hellofa deal on a Shred Stixx Hazen Comp ! Hit me up if you are looking for a new or slightly used board !
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-30-2010, 9:45 AM Reply   
22vdrive, where are you from? you can ask your local shop to order a board for you.
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-30-2010, 2:56 PM Reply   
I got mine from Drew (suffresh) Much quicker
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-30-2010, 3:36 PM Reply   
guess you likey ?
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-02-2010, 8:30 AM Reply   
Ya the board is great I just need to get used to it. It's so sensitive I have trouble staying in the pocket with out a rope. The board is in great condition thanks again for the great buy!