Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old     (clintrn)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-11-2004, 6:53 AM Reply   
What's too old for wakeboard camps?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-11-2004, 7:31 AM Reply   
never too old. Do it.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-11-2004, 9:07 AM Reply   
28?!?! I hope I don't think I am too old to goto a wakeboard camp at that age. Yeah, they have alot of adult camps. Big partys, if you are into that kinda thing
Old    leslisa            03-11-2004, 11:26 AM Reply   
I'm in my thirties (never ask a woman her age ) and my hubby wants to send me to one this summer - You are NEVER too old.

Lisa
Old     (mike_schwenne)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-11-2004, 11:29 AM Reply   
There's really no age limit for going to a wakeboard camp. If your concerned about hanging out with a bunch of teenagers for a week, West Coast Camps (www.westcoastcamps.com)offers special adult camps(ages 21+) They're basically, the same exact camp that is offered all summer except for the age restriction. This is not a party camp, though. It's a camp for adults that wish to step their riding up to the next level.

Mike Schwenne
www.westcoastcamps.com
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-11-2004, 11:40 AM Reply   
You'll be hearing from me this summer Mike. Your camp looks awesome and I've heard nothing but good things from your friends.
Old    rockroll            03-11-2004, 4:20 PM Reply   
I spent the first week of feb wakeboarding at bonifays camp and had a blast. I'm 45 and loving it.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-11-2004, 4:25 PM Reply   
I'm 42 and I did a long weekend at The Boarding School. It was great. There were people of all ages on the boat, but age was never an issue. Just go for it Clint.
Old    1dega            03-11-2004, 4:27 PM Reply   
Clint I am 38 and go to camps once a year.Great thing to do!
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-11-2004, 6:25 PM Reply   
Last summer we had a father and son from New York.
The father was 72 years young. He had never wakeboarded before and we got him up his first try (better than his son) and had him carving and doing one wake jumps by the end of the day. We also got him up on the wakeskate in just a few tries. His son could not get up and stay up on the skate. It just shows you are never to old to learn something new.
check us out at:
www.azwakesports.com
I also recommend Mike's west coast camps if you are in that area.
www.westcoastcamps.com
Brett Brinkerhoff