Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-19-2010, 7:59 AM Reply   
Epic Fail

Last month I saw a pic of a WW member riding a small child on his board. The kiddo was standing on the board between the bindings and holding the handle along with (dad). I can no longer find this picture.

So I thought this was a great idea and attempted it yesterday with my youngest son. He weighs in at around 50 lbs and is plenty strong. In reality Ian should just just strap in and learn like his big brother did but his little sister saw the picture and also wants to ride with Dad.
She is only 4 and a good swimmer but not ready to board on her own and I would love to take her for a cruise.

Yesterday I had Ian sitting on my lap in the start position, feet spread out and centered on the board and holding the rope with me. We tucked up as close as we could and yelled hit it.

That is when the drowning started.

I couldn't get the darn board up on top and eventually lost the handle. Tried it twice with no love and Poor Ian got half the GOM up his nose. My fore arms are screaming today from trying to hold on.

Is my 138 Transcend maxed out?> I weigh 165 and he is 50. I have a Pure 142 I can try.

There has to be a trick. I'm a pretty strong guy in very good shape and I didn't even get close. Please help me find a WW member who has done this with success. Help in any form is appreciated.

My deepest thanks,
John