Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (norwalkbeast)      Join Date: May 2011       06-15-2011, 6:47 PM Reply   
So are the hyperlite system bindings really as good as some people say they are? I was looking at them and they look pretty sick.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-15-2011, 7:05 PM Reply   
Norwalk.........I'm local and have a set, hit me up to check them out - I have the the murray's in size 10
Old     (coda281)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-15-2011, 7:16 PM Reply   
they look sick but i feel like they would break easier and malfunction more than the more traditional bindings. i use http://www.yourwatersports.com/liqui...bindings-2010/ and they have never dissappointed
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-15-2011, 10:00 PM Reply   
check the older posts on it. lots of thoughts out there... but as they say, the one that counts most is your own... but it can be hard to find an opportunity to make your own (experience and thoughts to go with it) though
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-16-2011, 5:50 AM Reply   
I've been riding a pair all season and I think they are better than advertised. So much more board control than with traditional bindings. I have a feeling that within the next couple years more manufactures will have similar systems
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-16-2011, 7:22 AM Reply   
I tried a set yesterday.Tried them on Jimmy LaRiche's new pro model.When I first saw these I wasn't sure I liked them,now I wish I never tried them cause I loved them.My feet never felt so comfortable in a wake binding.The actual binding is pretty much the same as a snowboard binding as far as the straps and slap latches.If that system works for snowboarding,and it has for years,why would it not work on the water?If you're a snowboarder that rides in areas that has mostly groomed packed snow,you know what a beating bindings can take.Also it's really nice to just unhook the straps the the board floats right off your feet.No need to struggle with laces and tight boots while in the water and tired from your set.Just unstrap grab the board jump in the boat relax and take the boots off while sitting comfortably on the boat.I will say the first time you take the board of it is a weird feeling to have the board off your feet and still have the boots on.Not in a bad way,just after years of the board always on you when in bindings,to have boots and no board attached to them feels a little strange.Overall I think that it's a great new choice for our sport.Jeremy hit it,you have to try them to see how they work for you.They worked great for me and that was on a board I've never been on before and I just threw the board on,set up for the guy before me so the stance wasn't even close to what I ride and i still loved them.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-16-2011, 7:37 AM Reply   
Oh,and thanks for a great day on lhe lake to Water's Edge boardshop,Jimmy LaRiche,and Thad Numi from Hyperlite.If you get the chance to go to a System demo jump on it,I don't think you will be disapointed and you get to ride behind one of these...
Attached Images

Last edited by wakebrdjay; 06-16-2011 at 7:40 AM.