Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-25-2010, 12:21 PM Reply   
Is anyone going to INT event in July?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-25-2010, 1:25 PM Reply   
Been toying with the Idea.
Old     (nwarhol1105)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-25-2010, 9:57 PM Reply   
Finally got a new boat! I've only had it out on Bald Eagle a few nights because of this terrible weather. Everyone is having a great time and watching my girlfriend learn has been awesome! It is a red 1989 Nautique 2001. Hope to see you out there soon.

Attachment 5443

Name:  36913_1515870578032_1272480062_1513269_8249047_n.jpg
Views: 1137
Size:  56.6 KB

Name:  36913_1515870138021_1272480062_1513258_5764774_n.jpg
Views: 1108
Size:  80.8 KB

Name:  36913_1515870938041_1272480062_1513278_2702556_n.jpg
Views: 1124
Size:  87.7 KB

Name:  36913_1515871898065_1272480062_1513302_7993370_n.jpg
Views: 1113
Size:  65.4 KB
Attached Images

Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       06-26-2010, 10:42 AM Reply   
Yeah Nick!!!!!

And yea Krystal, finally hitting the water.

Ben's still rockin some mad skills he learned behind my old baby!

And dude...how bout some BOAT pics my bad bruh!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       06-26-2010, 2:55 PM Reply   
North end of b.e.!!!!!
Old     (ache_for_wake)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-27-2010, 12:05 PM Reply   
Any one in the Crosslake area in the next week who would like to get together and ride, let me know! I'm on the very south end of cross, 5 houses left of Denny Hecker's (formerly) big house from the lake. Brown on white malibu with titan I tower. ctpribyl@yahoo.com later, chad
Old     (benbuchholz)      Join Date: Oct 2009       06-28-2010, 9:43 PM Reply   
Nick you could turn that last picture into a pretty sweet glide! grab that tail! nice pics
Old     (chachi)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-29-2010, 4:27 AM Reply   
Hey everyone I just wanted to post an event invite to all of you MN and WI riders. On Saturday July 17th Boardfest 2010 will be going off!!! The location for this event will be on Beer Can Island on the St. Croix river. There are multiple spots for you to launch your boats right in Hudson Wisconsin north of the hiway 94 river bridge (although try to launch as early as you can as spots fill up fast). Lauch fees range from 10-20 depending where you go but you can leave your vehicles overnight. Along with Boardfest it is also a Supra/Moomba reunion for the year so come on down and show your SC pride! This event is not limited to just SC boats anyone can attend! We threw this event last year and had hella fun even though it was 64 degrees! Come out early and grab spots for your tents (which is free) there is a lot of room on these islands so I wouldn't be to worried. We ride all day, there is volleyball, bags, polish golf and tons of music going on all day and night under the Liquid Force tent. Just bring food, drinks and good karma and it should be a super good time.

I will check this forum frequently so if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

Hope to see a ton of you out there and get ready to have an awesome time!

Chris-
Old     (nwarhol1105)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-29-2010, 10:24 PM Reply   
Chris,

Noticed you ride on Gervais...I live a mile away from the lake and have been kicking the idea around of riding there soon. Is it sketchy launch and how is the water level?
Old     (chachi)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-30-2010, 5:00 AM Reply   
Nick,

Water level seems fine to me, haven't had any problems. The launch is really nice and set up really well. We have been riding there for the past few weekends (mostly Fridays) cause my boat is only a mile away as well. The only downfall is that it is kinda small and can kick up a lot of rollers from other boats and wind. But if that happens, we just go back to the launch area (Spoon lake) and go under the bridge to Keller, no one is ever on that lake! They used to host the skiing world championships there a while ago. The lakes depth is not deep at all I think 10 at max but don't quote me on that. That lake stays reletively calm.

Hope that helps!

Chris
Old    mizestang            06-30-2010, 7:03 AM Reply   
Chris H, that Boardfest sounds awesome. I'm down at beer can or Kinni almost every Sunday. I see boats in that Hudson bay area, but don't trust the depth. Is it pretty deep? I have an i/o with a tower. I'm looking to hook up with MN/WI riders anyways, so hopefully this will be a great place to meet new people. Thanks for the info.

Mize
Old     (chachi)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-30-2010, 6:04 PM Reply   
Mize,

I was out on that bay a couple of weekends ago with no problems. The water level is pretty high right now so we all should be okay. We rode pretty much all day over there. This would be a good chance to hook up with local riders and meet new people so you're more than welcome to attend! Let me know if you have any more questions. Hope to see ya out!!!

Chris
Old     (tcmercil)      Join Date: May 2006       07-01-2010, 8:52 AM Reply   
Anyone ride the Chisago lakes area? Seems to be several lakes connected by channels and just curious what's out there - what to stay away from -
Old     (ethan31)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-07-2010, 8:09 PM Reply   
Has anyone been to the 10k wakes cable yet?
Old     (garveyj)      Join Date: Sep 2009       07-08-2010, 5:42 AM Reply   
I was out there last week - did not ride, just checking it out.
Old     (ache_for_wake)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-08-2010, 3:16 PM Reply   
Rode with Eric Ruck this morning during a Ronix clinic put on by the house at Lake Owasso! Epic conditions. Smooth water, no other boats, and great fun. Thanks Grant, Eric, Paul, and Kelly for such a great time!!
Old     (pucktowake)      Join Date: May 2007       07-08-2010, 8:32 PM Reply   
As far as the cable park goes. What did you see? Was there anyone there? does it look worth the Drive out there?
Old     (jessemitchell)      Join Date: Feb 2009       07-08-2010, 9:27 PM Reply   
the cable is fun, its pretty tight cause the ponds pretty small but defiantly worth tryin it out. I dislocated my arm tho the second time I was there feels bad man..
Old     (garveyj)      Join Date: Sep 2009       07-09-2010, 6:28 AM Reply   
When I was out at the cable there were 2 other kids out there. The cable is really set up to learn kickers and rails - not much room or time to learn cable tricks outside of that. It is in a really open area so if the wind is blowing the lake will get choppy quick, but luckily it is pretty small so the rollers wont be bad. I would probably go out there and ride it sometime, just not sure when.
Old     (snowslider76)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-13-2010, 7:28 AM Reply   
I can find that post about the event on the St. Croix and beer can island this weekend, anybody going, have dets?
Old     (tjdunklee)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-13-2010, 9:11 AM Reply   
The post is a little bit above you too in this thread. Or you can find it here: http://www.rideminnesota.com/events/...0Croix%20River
Old     (yo123)      Join Date: May 2006       07-13-2010, 6:42 PM Reply   
Hey guys I am looking to get a wakeboard boat around 25k. I am not having the best of luck in my seach. If you got one or any of your buddies have boats for sale any imput would help. Thanks a lot
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-14-2010, 4:27 AM Reply   
I might be selling my 2000 XStar for fairly close to that, when we get closer to the end of the season. Where abouts are you located?
Old     (yo123)      Join Date: May 2006       07-14-2010, 5:53 AM Reply   
Just north of Rochester
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-14-2010, 7:28 AM Reply   
Pine Island, Oronoco, Zumbrota???. I grew up in Byron. Anyway I live in the West Metro now, but if you'd have any interest at all and ever want to come and take a set or two behind it and drive it before the lakes freeze over, let me know. If you are interested shoot me an email to jlfogelson@ hotmail.com
Old    mizestang            07-14-2010, 10:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmercil View Post
Anyone ride the Chisago lakes area? Seems to be several lakes connected by channels and just curious what's out there - what to stay away from -
Hey Tim, its Mize from 3M! Long time dude. I ride on Chisago lake quite a bit. Its a great lake for boarding. No worries for depth. I'm hopefully going to Boardfest this weekend on the river. I've got a 02 18 ft Bayliner with a tower.
Old    mizestang            07-14-2010, 10:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chachi View Post
Mize,

I was out on that bay a couple of weekends ago with no problems. The water level is pretty high right now so we all should be okay. We rode pretty much all day over there. This would be a good chance to hook up with local riders and meet new people so you're more than welcome to attend! Let me know if you have any more questions. Hope to see ya out!!!

Chris
Good to know. I'd love to catch a pull someday with a real wake boat sometime. I hope I can make it this weekend. Weather looks awesome!

mize
Old     (chachi)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-14-2010, 5:07 PM Reply   
Mize,

There should be plenty of boats out there to get a pull from. I will pull ya too. I have a gunmetal gray 1993 Supra Sunsport with tower and 1800lbs of ballast that is throwing a sick wake right now! I will be launching around 9 a.m. on Saturday. Hope to see ya out! As well as anyone else that would lke to attend!!!

Chris
Old     (dpolen)      Join Date: Feb 2009       07-16-2010, 4:54 AM Reply   
Hey guys,

Lots of wake boats out on Fish Lake last night, just curious if any of you guys were out there....there must have been at least 5 or 6 boats out there pulling guys around the lake. Pretty sweet! I was jealous as I was pulling the kids in the tube. We keep our boat out on Minnetonka and seldom see that many wakeboats in the same area.

Doug
Old     (garveyj)      Join Date: Sep 2009       07-16-2010, 5:38 AM Reply   
I was out there with some guys from my crew on the red and white Nautique. Some other guys in our crew were out in the orange and black nautique.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-16-2010, 6:19 AM Reply   
Doug we were out there in the SAN220 w/ the custom orange Company wrap (a friends boat...trailored all the way up from AZ), and the loud azz wet sounds speakers Sorry if it was too loud, and if we effed up the water from surfing in the south bay!....got a guy with a torn acl so we have to accomodate! Plus the water was already crap, so figured it wouldn't hurt much.
Old     (snowslider76)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-16-2010, 6:43 AM Reply   
Pretty sure it was all the awesome power turning going on last night that wrecked the water more then the surfing.
Old     (dpolen)      Join Date: Feb 2009       07-16-2010, 8:30 AM Reply   
That SAN220 was ridiculous, pretty sweet ride! Wasn't too loud, looked like a fun! You guys had some sweet boats...my Maristar needs more bling and fewer things that require an air pump to inflate.

Does Fish get busy like that on a regular basis?
Old     (snowslider76)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-16-2010, 8:42 AM Reply   
I ride Fish pretty regular, it's been getting pretty packed lately, not sure what the surge of boats is all about. Typically there aren't that many wakeboats out but more run abouts and tubers. Honestly it's not the best place to ride, I've found another great lake to shred but I'll have to keep that on the DL or Jay will blame me for bad water.

I wish we could get everyone on Fish running the same line but nobody seems to wanna help out, I just dig it cause it's close to home.

Doug if you want to ride sometime stop buy if you see us on the lake, I have an organe and black Xstar, or I'll prolly be in the SAN 220 for the next couple of days, they dont head back to AZ until next week. Or I'm sometimes in a red and white AN 211. Or shoot me an email.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-16-2010, 1:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpolen View Post
Hey guys,

Lots of wake boats out on Fish Lake last night, just curious if any of you guys were out there....there must have been at least 5 or 6 boats out there pulling guys around the lake. Pretty sweet! I was jealous as I was pulling the kids in the tube. We keep our boat out on Minnetonka and seldom see that many wakeboats in the same area.

Doug
Hey Doug -

I talked to you on the dock last night as I was getting into the red/white Natique. Thanks for being a courteous tube puller last night. It didn't go unnoticed - especially with those douches in the X Star power turning and doing ricer fly bys during my pass.

Was blown out like crazy last night with all the traffic. Would have been nice to do some chase boating with our crews in the Natiques.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-16-2010, 1:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironj32 View Post
Doug we were out there in the SAN220 w/ the custom orange Company wrap (a friends boat...trailored all the way up from AZ), and the loud azz wet sounds speakers Sorry if it was too loud, and if we effed up the water from surfing in the south bay!....got a guy with a torn acl so we have to accomodate! Plus the water was already crap, so figured it wouldn't hurt much.
How are you feeling today after that crash on the 5 today Jay? Looked BRUTAL from our boat. You are a soldier dude - most people wouldn't have popped back up after that. Was fun to watch you guys rip it..

Robby was killin it on Burtons rig. He stuck a CLEAN toe 5, some Crows and a bunch of 3 variations. He's got such a clean, chill style. Fun to watch him ride.

Jetts Natique is RIDICULOUS.