Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-01-2007, 4:17 PM Reply   
Centurion came out with this tower in 2005 and I don't think it was that popular among the wakeboarding community since I don't see it as an available option anymore, but what kind of speaker/light setups have people done. Any comments or thoughts on the tower. Also bimini setup. Thanks
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-01-2007, 4:46 PM Reply   
so steve you looking at that white wih black and yellow stripes sanger for sale on craigslist. thats one of very few i have ever seen with the g-force. well i would not have one on my boat. but if the price is right the wake is great and the tower is replacible. heard they sraight up break and because of the angle they were causing alot of stress crack in the gel. this is all i could find for ya but the installers out there today can work magic around any tower.
http://www.wakesiderides.com/rides/index.php?page=out&id=1389
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-01-2007, 5:50 PM Reply   
Wow, that sucks

Yeah I'm thinking of making an offer on that boat, but knowing that tower is crap I'm not sure now. I actually have seen the boat before and have been on a test drive. After all my boat hunting for my specific price range I keep coming back to this boat. Other boats I'm looking at are 05 Centurion Elite V C4, but I can never find any that have triple ballast, and they are a little more pricy. If this Sanger doesn't work out then I'm going with Centurion and just get some fat sacs.
Old     (tx_cook)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-01-2007, 5:57 PM Reply   
that boat in that link is my family's and we dont have any problems nor have i ever heard of anyone else having problems with thiers. we dont have stress cracks or spider cracking nor does it shake and raddle.
Old     (tx_cook)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-01-2007, 5:59 PM Reply   
oh, and all the pictures i have of the speakers are pretty much on that site
Old     (c4avalanchen)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-02-2007, 4:18 AM Reply   
Yeah, I have the G-Force on my Avalanche, and no problems. I've never even heard of problems! Sorry, I hate when people flame something, and provide no evidence to back it up. There was a thread not to long ago about bad customer service from Pro-Flight when buying goods. I've never had to contact them, so I don't know. The only thing I don't like about this tower is that it doesn't fold down low enough to fit in my garage (7ft). I have to completely remove it (only for the winter). I wouldn't not buy the boat because of this tower though. Also, single tower speakers work best. Some combos just won't fit. It's not the best designed tower, but I think it's as strong as any, and I think they look pretty good. My 2cts.
Old    Ben Kerran            03-02-2007, 8:30 AM Reply   
I agree with Rodney. I have this tower and it feels extremely solid. I had the four 6X9 (Liquid Trends)enclosure up there last summer (see profile pic) and it never felt shaky at all. Installing 2 Wetsound's 485's now though and had to do some mods to get them to fit. Exact same problem with the tower height though (7'2" or so folded) and my garage is 7'
Old     (ddutcher)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-02-2007, 9:00 AM Reply   
I have this tower on my 05 Tige and have never had any issues with it either. I have 4 6x9's mounted in Pro Flights Pod enclosure and they sound great.
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-03-2007, 6:54 PM Reply   
Thanks guys,

yeah I was a little worried but since there is no evidence behind it I won't worry. Bryan thats a gorgeous sanger by the way.