Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (edge04)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-11-2012, 7:05 PM Reply   
I have the gro pro suction cup mount and thinking about mounting it on my fairing of my Harley Davidson for a ride. Does the suction work well? I know it's not a boat question but figure someone here would know the answer. I've used it on the boat but that was at low speeds.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            09-11-2012, 7:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge04 View Post
I have the gro pro suction cup mount and thinking about mounting it on my fairing of my Harley Davidson for a ride. Does the suction work well? I know it's not a boat question but figure someone here would know the answer. I've used it on the boat but that was at low speeds.
Ive had my suction mount on my R1 (front fairing & lowers) dragging knee through the Tail of the Dragon in the Smokeys and it held strong up to 150mph at other times with perfect video. And my fairings are much cheaper plastic than the Harleys. You will have no issues.

Also have had it mounted on my suv offroading smacking trees and was fine.
Old     (816)      Join Date: Dec 2011       09-11-2012, 8:08 PM Reply   
Make sure you mount it where you can run the lanyard around something in case the mount fails.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            09-11-2012, 8:09 PM Reply   
^^^true...i had a shoelace tied to the mount then to my mirror on the front and when it was lower it was tied to my ram air tube.
Old     (edge04)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-12-2012, 2:52 AM Reply   
Cool! What setting are you running on the bike? I think go pro rec r2 or r5
Old     (edge04)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-14-2012, 6:57 AM Reply   
gues I'll try r5. I also put the back plate on that will let sound go through
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            09-14-2012, 7:12 AM Reply   
My bad...i forget the settin but it may have been r5. I put the sealed back on and u could still hear my bike screaming.
Old     (codykauz)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-15-2012, 1:50 AM Reply   
They suggest using the waterproof housing for applications over 100 mph, that's how you know that they expect you to use this camera for intense applications. I have been pretty impressed with my gopro. Cool pictures of riding, too. Looks like a lot of fun.