Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (dpauly84)      Join Date: Aug 2009       06-19-2011, 10:33 AM Reply   
It's been a while since I've been on this site.

Had bad day at lake yesterday. Local lake is pretty low and I found a submerged rock right by the boat ramp. The Prop is pretty tore up and I'm needing a new one, but not sure what I need or where to start. The boat is a 95 Hydrodyne Grande sport elite w/ PCM gt40 and 1.23:1 gear box. Boat is mostly used for boarding. No ballast currently. Usually have about 6-8 people on the boat and a couple of coolers. The only thing I know for sure is that I need a RH prop.

What is the difference/ benefits between 3 and 4 blade props?
How can I determine which pitch I need?

Any info is greatly appreciated as I have a lake trip planned next weekend and would like to get this boat back on the water. Thanks!
Old     (e_rock32)      Join Date: Oct 2009       06-19-2011, 12:12 PM Reply   
http://www.acmemarine.com/our_props.php

If you have an ACME prop, this webpage will help guide you to find the numbers on your current prop and help you find out the rotation, shaft diameter, and diameter x pitch. If you're running a lot of weight in your boat, the prop that will be best for you will have a larger diameter (make sure it will not hit your hull) and the lowest pitch (power). Higher pitch, will help you travel faster if you are looking for more speed. Since your gear ratio is 1.23:1 you can go with either a 3 blade or a 4 blade prop. (1:1 = 3 blade prop, 1.5:1 = 4 blade prop). 3 blade props are much more sensitive to damage than 4 blade props. I have a sport nautique with the same engine and it has RH rotation, 1" shaft diameter, and I had a 3-blade ACME part # 470 and upgraded to a 4-blade ACME part # 480. I bought my prop from propmd.com
Old     (dpauly84)      Join Date: Aug 2009       06-19-2011, 3:46 PM Reply   
From what I can tell, the prop that was on the boat is an OJ 13 x 13 RH. Not sure about the shaft diameter yet. From a stop, 1/2 or 3/4 throttle seemed to produce quite a bit of prop slip and it would take a while for the boat to really take off.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-19-2011, 4:56 PM Reply   
Call here, they can help you with your needs:

http://www.skidim.com/