Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (bigski52)      Join Date: Sep 2010       09-07-2010, 6:12 PM Reply   
I'm in the process of looking for a boat and have a few tough choices I need to make so I'm asking your opinion. I am looking at different boats that I want to buy and set up for boarding. I'm currently looking at a 1994 Mastercraft Maristar 225VRS. I know this is a V drive but I've heard these boats don't really throw off a great shaped wake even when slammed with ballast. Everything I've read says the wake is too rampy and doesn't have a lip to it. I am also looking at a "95 Sport Nautique (direct drive). I've read that these boats have the exact same hull as the Super Airs up to 2006 so this has to have the optimal wake but it's still a direct drive. Either way I'm wanting to put about 500-700lbs in the bow and more in the rear for the nautique. I was thinking I could take out the back seat of the nautique and add a fat sac. I will also have to throw a tower on either boat and perfect pass on the Mastercraft but the Nautique already has perfect pass. I know I'm comparing "apples to oranges" but I was just asking for some differing opinions so tell me what you guys think.