Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (jv_v210)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-10-2007, 9:16 PM Reply   
Couple of weeks ago my Pro Flight swoop tower on my 04 Sanger v210 snapped at the welds! The top almost came down completely. Broke at three of the 4 welds. Didn't even tow anyone that day yet. Pro Flight fixed it asap. No probs. But had to take it to them in Modesto.
Old     (rdmb)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-11-2007, 8:33 AM Reply   
Jerry, Which welds broke? Do you have any pics? I had one of the heim joints develop a hairline crack. When I tried to unscrew it from the bottom of the tower, it twisted off in my hand.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-12-2007, 5:31 PM Reply   
sorry to hear about the trouble. but glad to hear that pro flight took care of you. when my dealer f'd up my tower on my old boat i made one call and talked to bobby at pro flight. the next day i had a brand new tower on my boat. they stand by thier product imo and a great product it is. anything can happen out there, but when a company backs up there product it gives me a sign of relief. i wuld like to see some pics of the broke welds and location.
Old     (jv_v210)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-12-2007, 6:35 PM Reply   
Didn't take any pics of the broken tower unfortunately. I got home and went right into get it fixed mode. I made the calls to my dealer, and proflight, and Bob said bring it in and they would take care of it. The swoop tower on my boat is powdercoat black, at the top where the tubes curve and there is the flat top part,,,the part where the speaker, lights, tow ball etc. are attatched the welds on the starboard side above the drivers head cracked, and the tower collapsed with my speakers etc. on it. My bimini held it from falling on my head, and it cracked one weld on the port side. I had to tie the tower back together with my anchor line to get back.
Old     (madvlin)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-15-2007, 5:01 PM Reply   
damn!