Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (buluver)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-01-2007, 4:45 PM Reply   
Any one have any opionions on this boat. I am going to demo it but just curious about wake and fit and finish.

Thanks
Old     (buluver)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-01-2007, 8:06 PM Reply   
any owners out there with opions? Looking at Sanger also.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-01-2007, 8:12 PM Reply   
i dont think you will get alot of responce right now. there has been many threads and debates lately between supreme, sanger, centurion. do a search and you should find alot of info. now coming from a previous sanger owner, they are great boats. depends on what you want. fit and finish will be alittle better quality, imo, with the sanger. they are stepping it up these pst 2 model years. price will be higher though. the other 2 have also stepped it up with quality. you will find a lower price tag. you can get an awsome wake from any boat if you wieght it right. i ran 3500# in my sanger most of the time. the age old saying though comes to mind here, demo demo demo. good luck
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-01-2007, 8:44 PM Reply   
I have a 2006 V220 and it has been nothing but a problem. I would estimate that since I bought it in November it has been in the shop for around 6-8 week with minor issues. My purchasing dealer (The Sporting Edge) has been very supportive even though they are out of state but even that hasn't helped resolve all the fit and finish warranty issues. They actually want me to pay freight to and from the factory to honor warranty work for fit and finish issues. (Way to stand up to the plate Fineline/Kal Kustoms)

I live waterfront on a lake and I think as of today I have 32 hours on the boat, I have boarded behind it less than 5 times.

Just one last reason to steer clear of Supreme or Fineline or Kal Kustoms is they don't stand behind their products they will try everything they can not to honor their warranty!

Please remember this is just been my experience. I regret buying a Supreme, I wish I would have ponyed up an addition 5-10K for a Sanger, BU, MB Sports, Mastercraft or Tige.

IMO stay away!! Take it for what it's worth.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-01-2007, 9:05 PM Reply   
what type of problems did you experience with kal kustoms? scott p has been a great source for me with any past problems i came across with sanger. who is the rep for supreme? sorry about the past. hopfully things get better for you and your boa.
Old     (sup208)      Join Date: May 2004       08-02-2007, 7:03 AM Reply   
I have an '04 V208 and it has been great. And in my opinion Kal Kustoms does stand behind their product. Earlier this year I ripped my seat and I called them to get the vinyl mfg. so I could get it fixed. Even though the boat is out of warranty they offered to cover the seat for me. I sent them the seat and they reupholstered the seat for free. The dealer I bought it from is another story and in fact they are no longer in business so that tells you what kind of dealer they were. As for Steve's problems, I'm sorry to hear about them but if you look around this board you will no doubt see that every boat mfg out there has had some unhappy owners at one time or another. I bought the Supreme because it fit within my budget and offered what I wanted. Look around demo several boats find one that you like and if it fits your budget and meets your needs then go for it.