Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jlorist)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-09-2012, 12:56 PM Reply   
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can give me some recommendations for a boat cover. I have an 04 Malibu and so tired of the mold issues I have when I pull the cover off each Spring!!! I have heard about the shark skin?? cover being the best, but hard to chalk up $800 for a cover lol
Old     (paulharenberg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-09-2012, 8:52 PM Reply   
Unfortunately there probably aren't too many options out there for a decent cover without spending 800-1000 dollars for it.
Old     (jlorist)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-09-2012, 8:55 PM Reply   
I figured as much lol.. What cover do you recommend?
Old     (parkcityxj)      Join Date: Mar 2001       07-09-2012, 9:33 PM Reply   
These guys pretty reasonably priced and I hear they are good quality. http://skiboatcovers.com/
or maybe add a vent to your existing cover or get a humidifier like this. http://www.savvyboater.com/store/p/8...umidifier.aspx

More tips here- http://www.ehow.com/how_5562207_prev...er-mildew.html
Old     (RedRum)      Join Date: Nov 2010       07-10-2012, 6:58 AM Reply   
Give Cory at http://www.evolutioncovers.com/ a call. He made one for my 03 XTi a couple of years ago. Great guy and customer service is top notch. Only downfall is that you are still looking at the $700-$800 range for your boat. But if you do it right the first time, you save money in the long run.

Old     (paulharenberg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-10-2012, 8:03 PM Reply   
I have a 05 Malibu that I bought used last year that is still on the orig. factory cover. I currently have an Evolution on order, so I am in the same boat as far as price goes and how I feel about it. But I am definitely looking forward to this cover over the original, which leaks, is leaving some black spots on the vinyl, and probably should have been replaced last year by me (boat was in a garage all cold season so stayed good during that time). I can give review of Evolution covers when it comes in but I have heard good things which is why I ordered from them.
Old     (jlorist)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-10-2012, 8:09 PM Reply   
That's what my cover did to the back seat, left a black stain on the vinyl, the sun is starting to bleach it out thank goodness. I'm too scared to try anything on it other than Exquisite which my cousin recommended and used on his 05 supreme He also bought an Evo cover and LOVED it, so I guess I will be ordering one too soon. We live in Central Ca, so thankful we don't get too much rain and no snow lol..

Our glove box cover is faded from the sun, do any of you know where we could order just the lid lol

Jenn
Old     (RedRum)      Join Date: Nov 2010       07-10-2012, 8:10 PM Reply   
Trust me, you won't be disappointed
Old     (parkcityxj)      Join Date: Mar 2001       07-10-2012, 9:36 PM Reply   
Those evolution covers look slick! Can you tow with them?
Old     (RedRum)      Join Date: Nov 2010       07-11-2012, 7:00 AM Reply   
Yes you can tow with them. They have a perimeter rope that you cinch down super tight. It sits right under the rub rail around the bow so it prevents any air from going under the cover and "bubbling" the cover at highway speeds. From about the windshield back, there are rub rail hooks that keep the cover slightly elevated away from the gelcoat to prevent any possible rubbing from vibration. It attaches to the transom handle and trailer strap eye in order to tighten it up. Most boats don't require using any additional support poles to prevent puddling because the covers fit that tight/good. However, I do use one home made PVC support that fits over my DD mounted ski pylon just for added support. I think most v-drives use the pull up style ski pylon as extra support.