Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-28-2010, 7:26 AM Reply   
Came from a Marius. Been on the Transcend a few times before I broke it last night. Wondering if I should go back with a Transcend, or try out the DB9........Thoughts?
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-28-2010, 7:45 AM Reply   
Came from the Marius and love the transcend, however I have never rode the DB9. The Transcend is everything I could every want.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-28-2010, 8:07 AM Reply   
I ride the DB9 and it is just plain sick. Both boards ride and perform really well, but for me the extra weight savings on the DB9 puts it over the top in my book. Lots of consistant pop, and the landings are very soft as well. I vote DB9.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-28-2010, 9:10 AM Reply   
Its one of those things where its hard to go wrong with either. I prefer the Transcend, basically for the more aggressive pop, easier release off the wake and a little edgier ride. The DB9 is awesome for the lightweight, the smooth ride and speed into the wake.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-28-2010, 9:36 AM Reply   
Very different boards, mostly in terms of speed. Tou should try both. Marius to a Transcend is a more natural transition than a Marius to DB9/Faction imo.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-28-2010, 10:54 AM Reply   
Decided to go with the Transcend again. Love it enough, hard to switch
Thanks for all the help!
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-28-2010, 12:36 PM Reply   
I like my Transcend.
Old     (d4m0)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-28-2010, 3:57 PM Reply   
personally id go the db9 but...
y not just get the faction same board as DB9 just with out the price tag...
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-28-2010, 7:35 PM Reply   
The test is which board on the boat does everybody grab?

The Transcend gets pulled out of the racks more than anything else. (Cam wont let anyone touch his Ronix Vision..

It's all feel brother, try not to break this one. Are you running the Answer bindings?

FWIW I looked a couple of slingshots last week at Revolution cable and am thinking about hitting up Josh for a demo. Need a new rail board to keep in the car. (working late dear, keep dinner warm)
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-29-2010, 12:37 PM Reply   
Not sure which trick did it in, but a nice big indy shifty and a couple raleys later, it delam'd the TS edge and had a crack in both the tip and tail running horizontally where the molded in fins were. This was a Platinum board, so my new one will be a regular core, shouldn't have to worry about breaking it. HUGE props to CWB for hooking me up with 2nd day air to get me my new ride before my trip this weekend!

Baitkiller - I'm currently rocking a pair of 09 Cells - soooo nice!

Looking at picking up a company severance for the cable, we'll see about that though