Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-26-2009, 9:02 PM Reply   
Hey guys i just bought a new house and my garage door is 9 feet wide which is ok because the boat trailer is about 8.5 maximum wide. My question is about the height i dont want to fold the tower and the door is about 8 feet, and i have a little step of an half inch or maximum a inch to enter the garage so my clearance is about 7''11 feet.

My trailer is a Malibu Trailer i think and here is a picture of my boat.

ThanksUpload
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-26-2009, 9:27 PM Reply   
you will have to fold the tower down but you should have lots of clearance.
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-26-2009, 9:30 PM Reply   
Tower will have to come down. By the way, that boat is sexy as hell!
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-26-2009, 9:52 PM Reply   
Thank you very much Johnny !!

whats the size to be sure we dont need to have to tower fold ?
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-26-2009, 10:19 PM Reply   
You do have to fold the tower, it's 10' tall with it up how do you expect to stuff it in an 8' tall opening?
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-26-2009, 11:06 PM Reply   
hummm just asking i didnt measure anything yet, a lot of people told they clear in a 7.5 foot garage just didnt get it.....
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-27-2009, 5:40 AM Reply   
Just looking at your pic the boat is 3-4' higher
than the truck. The truck will clear by 1' or so.
How did you expect it to fit? How hard is it to lower that tower?
Old     (k_b_stephens)      Join Date: Jun 2008       05-27-2009, 6:48 AM Reply   
Go to your dealer and ask them if they have any tower shipping brackets. It will allow you to drop the tower and still have the cover on...keeps it off the dash too.
Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-27-2009, 6:50 AM Reply   
Lower the tower!!! That is why I bought my Malibu with the Illusion tower, all you have to do is pull 2 pins and lower it down.... It takes about a minute to lower and raise and no tools required. I do it every week by myself. It is a little easier if you have another person. Be careful about the racks though. I have the spinner racks and when the tower is down they are the highest point and will not clear my 7' tall garage door, but when I remove them it fits no problem. I think that the door width will be more of an issue than lowering the tower. I put mine in a 9' wide door too, and there is not much room for error when backing it in.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-27-2009, 6:56 AM Reply   
Thanks Billy is the tower very heavy? I agree about the width you will need to be extra careful.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-27-2009, 7:35 AM Reply   
DOT standard is 102" so @ 9' you have 108" --this will be close.. (width wise) however you will definitely have ot lower the tower....
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-27-2009, 6:45 PM Reply   
yeah i think i will need to lower it and yes to be carefull as well with my 9 foot door.

Keith what are those shipping brackets ?