Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       06-23-2008, 10:29 AM Reply   
Hey all!
My wife has a pair of LF Melissa (Maven) Limited bindings that had a lace eyelet pull out. I know LF is going to step up and take care of this problem, so that's not what this is about.
What I need to know is if anyone has had a similar experience with their LF bindings that have the similar lace feature? You can't get a direct replacement Melissa (new ones are Velcro and she doesn't care for it), so my wife is looking at the Liquid Force Wing OT. My only concern is that they have the same/similar lace up feature and since these failed after less than 10 sets...
Again, I'm just looking for people's experience and insight. LF makes great products and will back their warranty. I'm just trying to be informed.
Thanks,
Paul

Upload

(Message edited by phat in cincy on June 23, 2008)
Old     (jermiside)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-23-2008, 11:04 AM Reply   
dont know anything about your boot issue, but you could have a career in hand modeling...like crammer from sienfeild, or was it george?

on a more serious note, nice profile pic...thats the way a boat should be geared out!
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-23-2008, 11:06 AM Reply   
i would take it to a shoe maker and have them replace all the rivets on all eylets. 4 per ninding and see if your shop or lf will pick up the tab.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       06-23-2008, 11:16 AM Reply   
Jerm! Thanks for the compliments, but even with the splinter in the end of my finger!?!?.

Umm...speaking of profile pics!!!

Adam...good thought. I think we'll let LF handle this one and then if it happens again I'll revisit your idea.
Old    wakejjboard12            06-23-2008, 12:26 PM Reply   
i've got the '07 boots and had a lace rip but never had an eyelet pull out... she should really consider the new ones though the velcro is nice and you can really crank them down.
Old     (joshlon9)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-23-2008, 12:32 PM Reply   
I've had 3 pairs of Watsons and one pair of Shanes and my girlfriend has those exact bindings. We haven't had any problems with the laces yet.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-24-2008, 9:33 AM Reply   
I have a pair of 07 watsons and my girl has those exact same black ltd 07 melissa open toe. No problems on ours so far although we've only ridden them 10 times or so this year.

LOVE the bindings they are the best I have ever worn. Can put them on dry so easily and so comfortable!

(Message edited by wakemikey on June 24, 2008)
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-24-2008, 10:08 AM Reply   
has she tried the velco bindings yet. I hear they are the shiz!
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       06-24-2008, 11:49 AM Reply   
Thanks for the feedback. It sounds like we were just a little unlucky in getting a defective boot.

LF and Wakeside have been awesome to deal with (which I never doubted) and we're going to replace them with the '08 Wing Open Toe (similar lacing construction).

She tried on the '08 Melissa at the boat show and chose the '07 over them. It's hard to get failing Velcro experiences from years past out of our minds, so we're going the lace route.

Thanks again.

'08 Wing OT
Upload
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-24-2008, 4:55 PM Reply   
i have the same 07 melissas and never had any trouble with them. these things just happen sometimes! I'm sure she'll have a good run with her wings.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       06-30-2008, 5:48 AM Reply   
Wife got the Wings in Friday. Big 'Thank you!' to Wakeside for getting them to us in 2 days and LF for no-hassle warranty coverage! How a company responds when an issue arises is tops in my book and both companies get an A+ for service after the sale.

The wife took an abbreviated set (BAD conditions) and gave the Wings a thumbs up.

Thanks again,
Paul
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-30-2008, 6:06 AM Reply   
Why couldn't they just repair the Melissas? Those Wings look so cool I'm SOOOO sick of pink on girls stuff.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-30-2008, 7:07 AM Reply   
I had an '06 pair of Watson limited
loved the binding
did the exact same thing
got a free pair of '08's as a replacement

I miss the plaid